This collection of Mexican and Tex-Mex Recipes will help you recreate your favorite dishes at home. Whether you’re looking for a new recipe to add to your rotation or just want to learn how to make classic dishes like tacos and enchiladas, we’ve got you covered. So get ready to cook up some deliciousness!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Mexican and Tex-Mex Recipes
If you’re looking for some delicious and easy-to-follow Mexican and Tex-Mex recipes, you’ve come to the right place. There are more than 60 recipes to try!
From appetizers to desserts, we’ve got everything you need to wow your guests at your next dinner party or gathering.
So get ready to spice up your menu with some south-of-the-border flavor!
Save Me To Pinterest!
I will be adding to this list of Mexican and Tex-Mex recipes over time, so make sure that you save this post to your Pinterest recipe boards so that you can always find them.
The main focus of this post is to give you lots of delicious food and drinks recipes that you can serve at your next themed dinner, party, or gathering!
But before I get into the recipes, here is some handy information for you.
Mexican and Tex-Mex recipes are not the only ones I have on my blog, there are 500+ Recipes here for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.
Links to the various recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog will open the same window/tab, so to reach this page again, just hit the back button on your browser.
If you are looking for a specific recipe, please use the search function below. If you can’t find what you are searching for, then please do contact me as I take all reader suggestions on board!
For a little something to start your dinner party off right, or appetizers to serve at your fiesta, these starters and appetizers will whet your appetite!
- Homemade Guacamole
- Garden Fresh Tomatillo Salsa Verde – A Delicious Dip for Tortilla Chips!
- Fully Loaded Mexican Street Corn with Mexican Crema & Cotija Cheese
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers Recipe For A Crowd
- 7 Layer Dip Cups – An Easy Tex-Mex Appetizer for Parties!
- Cheese-Stuffed Taco Meatballs Party Appetizer
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Quesadillas
- Black Bean Salsa Cups Appetizer
- Bowl of Nachos
- Halloween Quesadillas
- Jalapeño Popper Mummies Recipe
These soup recipes are full of flavor and spices that will leave you wanting more.
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Pozole Rojo de Pollo (Red Pozole with Chicken)
- Southwestern Chicken Soup with Black Beans
These salads are made with ingredients like chili peppers, corn, and black beans, which give them a spicy and savory flavor – choose the one that best suits your tastes.
- Mexican Chopped Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Quick & Easy Beef Taco Salad for Taco Tuesday!
- Black Bean, Sweetcorn and Avocado Salsa
- Steak Fajita Salad with Black Beans
- Sweetcorn & Black Bean Salad
- Hot Mexican Rice Salad
- Mexican Bean Salsa
If you’re looking for some tasty main dishes to serve at your next family meal or dinner party, check out these recipes. You can’t go wrong with any of them! Several will work great for serving a large crowd.
- Slow Cooker Sausage Chili – A Classic Recipe with a Twist!
- Slow Roasted Pulled Pork Tacos
- Mexican Shredded Beef in the Slow Cooker
- Cast Iron Carne Asada Bowl
- Delicious Slow Cooker Charro Beans – one of the post popular recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas Bowls
- Chicken and Black Bean Burrito Skillet – A One-Pan Recipe
- Shrimp Fajita Bowls with Cilantro-Lime Rice
- Vegan Black Bean Lettuce Wraps
- Grilled Carne Asada
- How to Make Instant Pot Pork Carnitas (Mexican Pulled Porked)
- Taco Stuffed Avocados – A Low Carb Tex-Mex Dinner Idea
- Mexican Pork Stew with Black Beans & Vegetables
- Chilli Con Carne
- Secret Ingredient Chicken Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Beef, Bean & Pumpkin Chilli Con Carne
- Simple Chicken Chilli
- Blackened Fish Tacos (Mahi-Mahi) with Coleslaw & Avocado Dressing
- Delicious Instant Pot Pulled Pork Chili Recipe for Cool Autumn Days!
If you’re looking for a tasty breakfast packed with flavor that will get your day started off right, check out one of these recipes.
- Mexican Huevos Rancheros for Sunday Brunch
- Make & Freeze Ahead Breakfast Burritos
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Breakfast Casserole with Sausage & Potatoes
Side dishes are an important part of any Mexican or Tex-Mex meal. They can be simple or complex, but they always add something special to the table. Check these out:
- Easy Refried Beans Recipe
- The Best Guacamole Ever!
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Spicy Mango Salsa Recipe
- Quick & Easy Spicy Salsa Recipe
- Pico de Gallo
- Cheesy Chilli Cornbread
- Salsa Fresca
Not many desserts here yet, but you can get started with these!
Cocktails & Mocktails
Looking for a fun and festive drink to enjoy at your next Mexican-themed party? Look no further! Get ready to mix up some amazing drinks and celebrate in style. Olé!
- Sparkling Mexican Paloma Cocktail with Blanco Tequila & Grapefruit
- Healthier Mexican Horchata
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Texas Margaritas with Raspberry Liqueur & Jalapeños!
- Jalapeño Cucumber Vodka Lemonade
- Fresh & Delicious Grapefruit Margaritas
- Fresh Limeade
- Frozen Mango Margaritas (Cocktail & Mocktail Versions!)
- Festive Cranberry Margaritas for Christmas Cocktail Parties!
- Cinco de Mayo Hot Cocoa Bombs with RumChata
- Frozen Strawberry Margaritas Are Perfect For Summer!
- Frozen Mixed Berry Margaritas are Perfect for Summer!