This Mexican and Tex-Mex Recipes collection will help you recreate your favorite dishes at home.
Whether you’re looking for a new recipe to add to your rotation or just want to learn how to make classic dishes like tacos and enchiladas, we’ve got you covered. So get ready to cook up some deliciousness!
Don’t have time to read now? Tap the share icon in the bottom right of the screen, then tap the heart icon ♥ to save it for later!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mexican and Tex-Mex Recipes
You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for some delicious and easy-to-follow Mexican and Tex-Mex recipes. There are more than 70 recipes to try!
We have everything you need from appetizers to desserts to wow your guests at your next dinner party or gathering.
So get ready to spice up your menu with some south-of-the-border flavor!
Save Me To Pinterest!
I will be adding to this list of Mexican and Tex-Mex recipes over time, so make sure that you save this post to your Pinterest recipe boards so that you can always find them.
The main focus of this post is to give you lots of delicious food and drink recipes that you can serve at your next themed dinner, party, or gathering!
But before I get into the recipes, here is some handy information for you.
Mexican and Tex-Mex recipes are not the only ones on my blog. There are 1500+ recipes here for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.
Links to the various recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog will open the same window/tab, so to reach this page again, just hit the back button on your browser.
If you are looking for a specific recipe, please use the search function below. If you can’t find what you are searching for, then please do contact me, as I take all reader suggestions on board!
For a little something to start your dinner party off right or appetizers to serve at your fiesta, these starters and appetizers will whet your appetite!
1. Homemade Guacamole is so easy to make, and you’ll never want to buy it ready-made again!
2. Garden Fresh Tomatillo Salsa Verde is a delicious dip for tortilla chips!
3. This Mexican Street Corn Recipe is loaded with Mexican crema & Cotija cheese
4. Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers are a great party appetizer.
5. Prepare to wow your guests the next time you entertain with these 7 Layer Dip Cups with guacamole, sour cream, refried beans, and cheese.
6. Cheese-Stuffed Taco Meatballs make a tasty appetizer for any party!
7. Tasty Chicken & Sweetcorn Quesadillas are quick and easy to make.
8. These Black Bean Salsa Cups look pretty and taste so good! They’re the perfect size for entertaining.
9. Making a Bowl of Nachos is simple and always a winner!
10. Make these Halloween Quesadillas for your spooky celebrations or as a fun Halloween dinner option for the kids.
11. Another Tex-Mex choice for Halloween is this Jalapeño Popper Mummies Recipe.
12. Nothing beats these Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos with Pico de Gallo when you’re feeding a hungry crowd!
13. These Taco Cheese Cups will be the absolute star of the show at your next party or family get-together.
14. Our Rotisserie Chicken Quesadillas with Homemade Pico de Gallo is ready in a snap and perfect as an appetizer or as a quick meal
15. Experience the vibrant flavors of this Fresh Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe, where ripe tomatoes are transformed into a delicious salsa bursting with freshness and simplicity.
These soup recipes are full of flavor and spices that will leave you wanting more.
1. Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup with black beans is full of savory and spicy flavors thanks to bell peppers, poblano pepper, tomatoes, limes, cumin, oregano, and chili powder.
2. Pozole Rojo de Pollo (which translates to Red Pozole with Chicken) is a hearty Mexican soup, traditionally made with pork, but it tastes just as good when made with chicken!
3. Use chicken thighs plus fresh sweet corn, black beans, tomatoes, jalapeno, and spices to create this Southwestern Chicken Soup.
4. Prepare to spice up your taste buds with a hearty bowl of Tex-Mex Chicken Soup infused with bold black beans and zesty seasonings flavors.
These salads are made with ingredients like chili peppers, corn, and black beans, which give them a spicy and savory flavor – choose the one that best suits your tastes.
1. This vibrant Mexican Chopped Salad with a creamy avocado dressing is like summer in a bowl and is ready in less than 20 minutes!
2. Add this quick and easy Beef Taco Salad to your dinner menu for Taco Tuesdays!
3. This Black Bean, Sweetcorn, and Avocado Salsa is full of vibrant and flavorsome ingredients.
4. make this Steak Fajita Salad with black beans if you need a lower-fat option.
5. Give your tastebuds a treat with this Sweetcorn & Black Bean Salad which is perfect for scooping with tortilla chips!
6. This Hot Mexican Rice Salad recipe pairs well with chicken fajitas and many other Tex-Mex favorites.
7. This Mexican Bean Salsa is ready in moments when using canned beans, a few fresh veggies, and a chili-lime dressing.
Check out these recipes if you’re looking for some tasty main dishes to serve at your next family meal or dinner party.
You can’t go wrong with any of them; several will work great for serving a large crowd!
1. This Slow Cooker Sausage Chili is a twist on a classic recipe.
2. These Slow Roasted Pulled Pork Tacos are a delicious change to regular ground beef tacos.
3. Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef is an incredibly versatile recipe that can be used in tacos or wraps or served with rice and roasted vegetables.
4. This Carne Asada Bowl is bright, colorful, and full of amazing flavor!
5. Slow Cooker Charro Beans are made with pinto beans, bacon, and chilies and are full of flavor. They’re also one of the most popular recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
6. Instant Pot carnitas form the base of Pork Carnitas Bowls, along with cilantro-lime rice and pico de gallo.
7. Make this Chicken and Black Bean Burrito Skillet in one pan in just 30 minutes from start to finish!
8. Another tasty dinner idea is these Shrimp Fajita Bowls with cilantro-lime rice
9. Tasty Tex-Mex doesn’t have to mean a meat-filled dish, as these Vegan Black Bean Lettuce Wraps prove!
10. Summer is the time for grilling outside, so put Carne Asada marinated with jalapeno, garlic, cumin, and chili powder on the grill and enjoy!
11. Learn how to make Instant Pot Pork Carnitas which is simply Mexican Pulled Porked, and oh so good.
12. These Taco Stuffed Avocados are a tasty low-carb Tex-Mex dinner idea.
13. Mexican Pork Stew with black beans and vegetables, is packed with smoky spicy flavors and is a lower-fat option.
14. Another lower-fat dinner option is classic Chilli Con Carne with red kidney beans served over rice.
15. This recipe for Chicken Fajitas contains my secret ingredient!
16. Simply throw the ingredients into the crock and these Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas will be waiting for you come dinner time.
17. For autumn, this Beef, Bean & Pumpkin Chilli Con Carne cooked in a slow cooker can be served inside a hollowed-out pumpkin!
18. This recipe for Simple Chicken Chilli can be made in advance and is great for meal prepping.
19. Blackened Fish Tacos made with mahi-mahi and blackened seasonings uniquely serve up fish. They’re served with homemade coleslaw and an avocado dressing.
20. Instant Pot Pulled Pork Chili has just 15 minutes of hands-on prep, is full of robust flavors, and is a taste sensation!
21. Take a plate of sharing nachos to a whole new level with this Southwestern Ranchero Burger Platter served with homemade salsa fresca
22. If you’re looking for an easy and tasty weeknight dinner idea, look no further than these quick and easy Steak Street Tacos!
23. With this inspired Sizzling Chicken Fajitas recipe you can recreate your favorite Mexican restaurant dish at home!
24. Grilled Chipotle Lime Shrimp are ideal for serving up in tacos, wrapped in tortillas, or over rice or salad.
25. Mexican Sopes are a popular street food consisting of a thick, rimmed corn tortilla that is fried and then filled with delicious toppings like refried beans, taco beef, avocado, and cheese.
26. Mix up your lunch menu with these rotisserie Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps.
27. This Beef Enchiladas Recipe is a fantastic option if you are expecting guests or when attending a potluck/bring-a-dish event.
28. If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy meal packed with flavor, these Red Kidney Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos will surely hit the spot.
29. Savor the incredible flavors of our Slow Cooker Spicy Pulled Pork Chili Recipe, where tender pulled pork infused with bold spices is slow-cooked to perfection.
30. Indulge in the rich flavors of Beef and Mushroom Chili Without Beans, featuring tender beef and savory mushrooms in a hearty and satisfying recipe.
If you’re looking for a tasty breakfast packed with flavor that will start your day right, check out one of these recipes.
1. Huevos Rancheros is a spicy Mexican dish that is just perfect for Sunday Brunch.
2. You can make and freeze these Breakfast Burritos, which are just the ticket for a grab-and-go breakfast.
3. Slow Cooker Southwestern Breakfast Casserole combines classic breakfast ingredients like hash browns and sausage with southwestern spices like cumin, garlic, and chipotle powder. A tasty way to start the day!
Side dishes are an important part of any Mexican or Tex-Mex meal. They can be simple or complex but always add something special to the table. Check these out:
1. This Easy Refried Beans Recipe is not only simple to make but ready to serve in 25 minutes
2. I think this recipe makes the Best Guacamole Ever!
3. Cilantro Lime Rice made in the Instant Pot is a great side dish for a variety of Tex-Mex and Mexican entreés.
4. Spicy Mango Salsa is everything you need in a dip for your tortilla chips! It’s sweet and spicy, fresh and fruity, and looks so pretty when served
5. This Easy Spicy Salsa Recipe keeps well, so why not make a double or triple batch to have on hand for chips or as a condiment for your Mexican food?
6. Pico de Gallo is a Mexican fresh salad made with tomatoes, onions, chilies, cilantro, and lime juice.
7. This recipe for Cheesy Chilli Cornbread is a family favorite!
8. Salsa Fresca is bright, colorful, tasty, and perfect for scooping with tortilla chips!
9. This loaded Black Bean Dip Recipe will surely be a hit at your next Cinco de Mayo party or gathering!
10. This Melon Pico de Gallo recipe combines juicy watermelon and cantaloupe with classic pico ingredients for a unique and delicious appetizer or topping for tacos and salads.
11. This Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe is the ideal accompaniment to many Mexican dishes and is very simple to make.
1. Mango Lime Frozen Yogurt is a refreshing summer dessert that can be made in under 30 minutes and only contains 4 ingredients.
2. These Decorated Cactus Cookies are perfect for a Cinco De Mayo party!
3. Tres Leches Cupcakes are a clever take on the popular dessert of the same name which originated in Mexico.
4. Grown-up, boozy cupcakes anyone?! These fabulous RumChata Cupcakes with cinnamon frosting are the perfect adult-only treat.
5. This Mexican Sweet Corn Cake with cinnamon syrup and churro icing will surely be a hit with family and friends.
6. Indulge in the delight of crispy, fried cinnamon sugar treats with this Mexican Buñuelos Recipe that is both delicious and irresistible.
7. Delight in the exquisite taste of Fried Tequila Cake Bites, where slices of tequila-infused cake is fried to perfection and served with a zesty lime sauce, creating a delectable treat.
Cocktails & Mocktails
Looking for a fun and festive drink to enjoy at your next Mexican-themed party? Look no further! Get ready to mix up some amazing drinks and celebrate in style. Olé!
1. Mexican Paloma Cocktail made with Blanco Tequila and grapefruit soda is Mexicos national drink.
2. This recipe for Healthier Mexican Horchata is refined-sugar free, and made with rice, milk, almonds, and cinnamon.
3. This Mexican Hot Chocolate Recipe is flavored with cloves, cinnamon, and vanilla and will certainly warm you from the inside out – especially if you add a shot of Tequila!
4. Texas Margaritas made with Tequila, Raspberry Liqueur, and jalapeños are full of big, bold, spicy flavor!
5. Jalapeño Cucumber Vodka Lemonade is a spicy, yet refreshing drink for hot summer days.
6. These fresh and delicious Grapefruit Margaritas would be great to serve at brunch.
7. Make a batch of Frozen Mixed Berry Margaritas to serve at your next summer soiree!
8. These Frozen Mango Margaritas include both the cocktail and non-alcoholic mocktail versions
9. Make these festive Cranberry Margaritas for your Christmas cocktail parties!
10. Cinco de Mayo Hot Cocoa Bombs with RumChata are fun to make and also make cute party favors.
11. Bask in the sunshine with friends and a few Frozen Strawberry Margaritas!
12. Make Fresh Limeade with just a few ingredients.
13. Our recipe for Irish Margaritas is simple yet flavorful, featuring Jameson Irish Whiskey and quality tequila – perfect for any festive occasion!
14. This pretty layered Tropical Margarita uses three flavors of tequila and is layered with different tropical juices resulting in a refreshing and zingy summertime drink to sip in the sun!
15. Everyone should know How To Make Classic Margaritas! Grab the tequila, and let’s go!
16. This Lavender Margarita is a delicious purple cocktail that you can make for Halloween!
17. Add a festive touch to your Cinco de Mayo celebrations with these colorful and fun Cinco De Mayo Jello Shots.
18. And for even more tequila cocktails, check out our Creative and Unique Margarita Recipes.