Rice can be pretty bland, but this Cilantro Lime Rice made in the Instant Pot is a wonderful side dish for a variety of entrées. In this recipe, lime and cilantro are paired to create a classic flavor combination that brings added depth to your dishes. And if you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can make this dish on the stovetop too!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Cilantro Lime Rice
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
Transform boring, basic rice into something extraordinary with the addition of a few fresh ingredients.
In this recipe the rice is cooked in an Instant Pot, but you can just as easily use rice that has been cooked in a pan on the stove, or even use microwave rice.
The magic happens after cooking the rice with the addition of garlic powder, fresh lime juice and cilantro. You’ll be amazed at how much flavor that this gives the rice, as well as being so easy to do.
The cilantro lime rice can be served with a variety of dishes from simple chicken or fish, to Mexican Pork Carnitas or stuffed inside burritos to name a few.
Add this rice side dish to your meal rotation today, you will not be disappointed!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Long Grain Brown Rice – you can use white rice if you prefer.
- Chicken Broth/Stock – or use Vegetable Broth/Stock if you want to keep this dish vegetarian/vegan.
- Fresh Produce – Limes, Cilantro (Fresh Coriander)
- Garlic Powder
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Rice
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is rice, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Quick & Easy Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
- Tropical Island Rice
- Jewelled Persian Rice with Pomegranates, Walnuts & Parsley
More Side Dish Recipes
Looking for more dish dishes to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Butter Parsley Baby Potatoes in the Instant Pot
- 5-Ingredient Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- Super Easy Crisp & Crunchy Broccoli Slaw Recipe
How Do I Make Cilantro Lime Rice?
Just check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice, rinsed until water runs clear
- 1¼ cup chicken or vegetable broth/stock
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp lime zest, preferably organic
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves (fresh coriander), chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add rice and broth to Instant Pot container and stir to combine. Cover and lock the lid into place. Set valve to “Sealing” and select the “Manual” and “High Pressure” settings. Adjust cook time to 15 minutes.
- Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and stir in the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- If desired, allow flavors to combine for several minutes before serving. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the side dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Appetizer: Black Bean Salsa Cups Appetizer
- Main Dish: Grilled Carne Asada
- Side Dish: Spicy Mango Salsa
- Beverage: Frozen Blueberry Margaritas
- Dessert: No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!