This was another batch of cornbread that I whipped up for Halloween….always gets gobbled up!
No step-by-step, in progress photos I’m afraid…just the recipe! Enjoy!
- 190g plain flour
- 115g cornmeal
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 55g caster sugar
- 240ml milk
- 55g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 140g tinned sweetcorn
- 125g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1tsp mild chilli powder
- Set the oven to 200C(180C fan/400F/Gas6)
- Grease a rectangular baking dish (about 20cm)
- Put the dry ingredients - flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar, chilli powder and baking powder into a large mixing bowl
- Whisk the milk, eggs and melted butter together in a jug and add to the dry ingredients
- Stir everything together until combined, but don't over mix
- Fold in the sweetcorn, cheese and chopped chilli
- Spoon the mixture into the baking dish
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- Best served warm