For a spicy, yet refreshing drink this summer, you have to try this Jalapeño Cucumber Vodka Lemonade! Using fresh lemons, honey, cucumber, and jalapeños to make lemonade, it is simply used as a mixer with vodka to make this cocktail. For Cinco de Mayo you could add tequila instead!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Jalapeño Cucumber Vodka Lemonade
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved.
Homemade lemonade is a summertime classic, and a hint of heat adds an unexpected twist to this refreshing beverage that is the mixer for vodka in this cocktail. Serve it sans alcohol for the non-drinkers.
The key to striking the right balance with the recipe is to start with small amounts of jalapeño and gradually add more until you find just the right level of spice to suit your tastes. It’s a lot easier to add more than it is to adjust everything else to compensate for too much heat!
Allow time for the lemonade to chill down before enjoying this adult beverage that pairs perfectly with Mexican food.
Ingredients Used In This Cocktail
For your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe to Amazon below.
Fresh Produce – Lemons, Cucumber, Jalapeño.
Vodka – use your favorite brand.
Honey – always buy locally produced honey if possible.
More Vodka Cocktails To Make
Want to make more vodka cocktails? I think you’re going to love these ones:
- Skittles Vodka Cocktail + How To Infuse Vodka with Skittles Candy
- Refreshing Watermelon Vodka Slush Cocktail with Lime
- Sparkling Pomegranate Cocktail with Citrus Vodka & Lime
Jalapeño Cucumber Vodka Lemonade Variations
I like to try and give variations on the cocktails shared on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, and especially turning the cocktail into a mocktail so that non-drinkers (and kids if suitable) can enjoy the drink too!
Jalapeño Cucumber Lemonade Mocktail (non-alcoholic)
Simply leave out vodka and non-drinks can enjoy a glass of this spicy lemonade.
Frozen Jalapeño Cucumber Vodka Lemonade
Want to turn this drink into a frozen slushie? Easy! Put all the ingredients in a blender with a generous amount of crushed ice – then blend till smooth. Serve with a straw, and watch out for brain freeze! You could do the same with the mocktail version too.
Jalapeño Cucumber Vodka Lemonade Party Punch
Want to make this drink for a crowd? It’s so easy! Here’s how to do it!
Just double, triple, or more the recipe for the number of people you are serving. The recipe is for 4 drinks.
You could make the mixed drink with vodka (or tequila) or just the lemonade and guests can mix their own drinks.
Make sure you add plenty of ice to your serving receptacle of choice to keep the cocktail chilled.
You could also skewer slices of jalapeño and cucumber onto cocktail picks for guests to garnish their glasses of drink.
Speaking of which, place cocktail glasses in the bar/serving area along with a filled ice bucket, stirrers, and cocktail decorations if suitable!
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence. Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make Jalapeño Cucumber Vodka Lemonade?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, any pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- 3 cups water
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice (6-8 medium lemons)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tsp jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, finely minced
- 1/3 cup. honey
- 8oz Vodka
- Rosemary sprigs with lower leaves removed
- Cucumber chunks or slices
- Jalapeno chunks or slices
- Lemon wedges
- Add the water, lemon juice, cucumber, jalapeno, and honey to a blender and blend until completely liquefied. Taste and add more jalapeno and/or honey, if desired. Blend again if necessary.
- Pour liquid through a fine-mesh strainer to remove any larger particles and transfer the mixture to a large pitcher. Place in refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, fill four glasses with ice and add 2oz of vodka to each one.
- Top up with the lemonade and garnish with slices of lemon, cucumber, and/or jalapeño. For a fancier presentation, thread chunks of cucumber and jalapeno onto sprigs of rosemary to garnish each glass. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 1g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
The beverage is covered, but what about other dishes to make this recipe into a full meal? Here are my suggestions!
- Appetizer: Strawberry Fennel Salad
- Main Dish: Super Easy Atlantic Cod with Garlic-Herb Butter
- Side Dish: Garlic and Chive Cauliflower Mash – A Low Carb Side Dish
- Dessert: Delicious & Easy Lemon Hand Pies
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.