When you’re feeding a hungry crowd, nothing beats these Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos with Pico de Gallo! This easy appetizer can be made in 35 minutes and is always a hit. Plus, it’s perfect for any party or game day gathering. So get ready to dig in – these nachos are irresistible!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Who doesn’t love nachos?! They have to be one of the ultimate crowd-pleasing sharing foods and they’re so easy to make!
Nachos are a Mexican regional dish from northern Mexico that consists of heated tortilla chips or totopos covered with melted cheese, often served as a snack or appetizer. More elaborate versions of the dish include other ingredients, and may be substantial enough to serve as a main dish.Wikipedia
I’m sure you’ve guessed by the title that these nachos are topped with lots of delicious things – and you’d be absolutely correct!
The loaded sheet pan nachos start off with a generous layer of tortilla chips that are sprinkled with cooked ground beef, seasoned with homemade taco seasoning (or you could use a packet mix if you prefer).
Then comes the cheese, which is melted in the oven before being topped with freshly made Pico de Gallo, avocado chunks, jalapeños, sliced olives, and cilantro – delicious!
Nachos are always a hit with my family, and I bet they will be enjoyed just as much by your family too!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It may not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Cherry Tomatoes, Garlice, Red Onion, Limes, Cilantro (Fresh Coriander), Green Onions (Scallions/Spring Onions), Lemons, Avocado, Jalapeños
- Protein – Ground Beef (Beef Mince)
- Dairy – Mexican Cheese Blend
- Chili Powder – use mild or hot depending on your personal tastes and spicy heat preference!
- Ground Coriander
- Ground Cumin
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Chipotle Powder
- Tortilla Chips
- Black Olives
- Special Equipment – Sheet Pan
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Ground Beef
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is ground beef, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- One-Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce Recipe
- Italian Meatball Soup Recipe
- Indian Keema Matar Pie with Bombay Potato Topping
More Tex-Mex Recipes
Looking for more Tex-Mex dishes to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Taco Stuffed Avocados – A Low Carb Tex-Mex Dinner Idea
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Chicken and Black Bean Burrito Skillet – A One-Pan Recipe
- White onion is a more traditional choice to add flavor to the browned ground beef. However, in this recipe, the rest of the red onion used to prepare the Pico de Gallo is used instead. This lends a very subtle, yet distinct, sweet note to the garlic and savory taco seasoning.
- Baby mixed heirloom tomatoes were used here to add a pop of interesting color to the final presentation. If unavailable, substitute red cherry or grape tomatoes instead.
How Do I Make Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
For the Pico de Gallo
- 1-pint (500g) cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves, finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
For the Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp ground chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¾ medium red onion, finely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1¼ lbs (550g) ground beef
- 1 large bag (11-14 oz.) tortilla chips
- 1 (8-oz/225g) bag 4-cheese Mexican blend, finely shredded
- 2 large green onions (spring onions), green parts only, sliced thin
- 1 (6-oz/170g) can black olives, chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, sliced thin
- 1 large ripe avocado, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- To prepare the Pico de Gallo, combine the tomatoes, garlic, one-quarter of the chopped red onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium non-reactive bowl. Season generously with sea salt and stir to combine. Cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat and set aside.
- Combine the taco seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining three-quarters chopped red onion and minced garlic. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onion is soft and starts to develop a bit of color.
- Add the beef and break it up into small pieces with a spatula. Add 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning mix and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally until the beef is browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread the tortilla chips into an even, overlapping layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Using a slotted spoon, evenly distribute the seasoned, browned beef on top of the tortilla chips.
- Add the cheese on top of the beef and tortilla chips in an even layer and place in the center of the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and cool slightly before topping with sliced green onion, chopped black olives, Pico de Gallo, and sliced jalapeño pepper.
- Toss the avocado with the fresh lemon juice and spoon on top of the nachos. Sprinkle with the fresh cilantro and serve immediately. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 645mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Special Dinner!
You’ve made the appetizer, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a special meal or dinner party:
- Soup: Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Salad: Grilled Corn Salad with Cherry Tomatoes – A Perfect Side For Grilled Meats
- Main Dish: Cast Iron Carne Asada Bowl
- Side Dish: Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Beverage: Disney’s Jungle Cruise Cocktail with Rum, Tequila, and Fruit Juices
- Dessert: Pineapple Upside Down Cake Fudge
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.