Fajitas are a Tex-Mex favourite, but for a twist, but not make this Steak Fajita Salad? It’s a Slimming World friendly recipe, and the whole family will love it! This filling salad with seared steak, bell peppers, black beans, and pickled red onion packs a delicious punch and best of all it is FREE when Food Optimising!
I’ve got lots of great Slimming World Recipes for you to enjoy – right-click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Steak Fajita Salad
If you are one of the many people following the Slimming World (SW) plan and get stuck for what to cook for dinner, don’t worry, I’ve got your back!
The Steak Fajita Salad recipe has been adapted from an official SW magazine.
We love Mexican and Tex-Mex food, but all of the delicious extras (like cheese, sour cream guacamole, and tortillas) combined will be a lot of Syns.
And I know that no food is off-limits on SW, but I’m really keeping an eye on the amount of Syns I have each day.
This salad takes some of the flavors from classic fajitas which makes it a happy medium. I actually dolloped a spoonful of fat-free Greek yogurt on mine!
I could have also used one of my Healthy Extra A choices on some cheese, and I think that would have been perfect.
There are many layers of flavor in this fajita salad, with pickled onions (that you make with lime juice and salt), red peppers cooked with spices, fresh tomatoes, fresh coriander leaves, and black beans.
Of course, there is the steak too, but I think it would work just as well with chicken or even prawns/shrimp.
This recipe for Steak Fajita Salad serves 4 and is Free when Food Optimising. It is also a great recipe for when you have as Easy SP day.
Slimming World Food Diary Printable
If you follow Slimming World, you will know that one of the crucial things to your success is keeping a Slimming World Food Diary.
Tracking what you eat at each meal, along with your Healthy Extras, and Syns means you can monitor when things go well – and when they don’t – so can figure out how to improve next time.
I’ve got a free printable Slimming World Food Diary & Meal Planner here which now includes a diary for Extra Easy SP.
More Slimming World Friendly Recipes
Want a few Slimming World recipes to try next? Here are some of my favourites:
Steak Fajita Salad Recipe Tips
- This salad has several components, so read through the whole recipe first!
- The onions in this recipe are quickly pickled with lime juice and salt.
- The peppers are cooked with a variety of spices. You could adjust the amount to your personal tastes.
- Cook the steak to your liking and set aside to rest while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Reserve some fresh chili and coriander for garnish.
- The salad tastes great the next day too!
- 1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¼ tsp salt
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 3 red bell peppers, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 tsp dried red chili flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 (400g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 (8oz) rump steaks, visible fat removed
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped, divided
- 25g fresh coriander/cilantro, roughly chopped, divided
- 6 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 romaine lettuce, shredded
- Place the onion into a mixing bowl with the lime juice and salt. Stir to combine and set aside to pickle.
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Fry the peppers for 5 minutes, then add the chili flakes, cumin, and coriander and a splash of water and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the peppers have softened.
- Transfer the peppers to a large mixing bowl and stir in the black beans. Set aside.
- Spray the frying pan with more cooking spray and fry the steaks to your preference: 2 minutes each side for medium-rare, 3 minutes each side for medium, or 4 minutes each side for well-done. Set aside to rest.
- Reserve some of the fresh chili and coriander for garnish, and add the rest to the bowl with the peppers and black beans.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, crushed garlic, and the pickled onion to the bowl. Stir to combine and season to taste if desired.
- Slice the steak into strips and place them into the bowl along with the shredded lettuce.
- Toss everything together and divide between four plates sprinkled with the reserved red chili and coriander.
This recipe for Steak Fajita Salad serves 4 and is FREE when Food Optimising on Slimming World.
It is also an Extra Easy SP Recipe
About Slimming World
Slimming World’s Food Optimising plan is a healthy, flexible approach, based on everyday foods, to help people lose weight without ever going hungry. It’s a practical, family-friendly plan that fits easily into everyday life and doesn’t require complex weighing and measuring or obsessive calorie counting. – Slimming World
Disclosure: I am not affiliated with Slimming World in any way other than being a member and following their Food Optimising plan. This recipe may have been adapted from a Slimming World magazine or book. If you are reading this blog post or printing this recipe the chances are you already follow SW and know all the ins-and-outs of how it works. Please check with your consultant, in your member pack, or online at Slimming World’s website for full and up-to-date details about the plan as it may be updated from time to time in line with the latest nutritional information. I am not a doctor or dietician, or providing medical advice and hold no responsibility for the complete accuracy of calorie counts and nutritional information. And where applicable, Syns in Slimming World friendly recipes. I advise you to check your own resources if you are using recipes to lose weight. All weight-loss programs should be followed on advice from a doctor.