Need tropical or Hawaiian recipes for a Luau or tiki party? You have hit the jackpot, my friend! There are 50+ recipes listed below for you to choose from and serve at your party! More are added regularly, so make sure you come back and check for those updates – or use the social buttons to share and save them for the future.
Save these Hawaiian recipes to Pinterest for later! Just use the button below.
I have included links to some great products and services that I think you would love.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a small commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
2016 was a big milestone birthday for me – I turned 40! I still do not know where all the years of my life have gone, but they certainly went by quickly! For my birthday, we visited Walt Disney World and stayed at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
Even though we would be on vacation for my actual birthday, I wanted to throw a party for my friends and family – it was my 40th Un-Birthday Hawaiian Luau! Before that, I researched tropical recipes and shared my findings with you.
Tropical & Hawaiian Recipes
As with all of my roundups, there are recipes from my blog as well as from lots of fab blogs from around the world. I have made all of the links to these Hawaiian Recipes open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place on the list. The list corresponds with the photo above – so that you can get an idea of what the finished dish should look like. Enjoy!
There are recipes for burgers & sandwiches, kebabs & skewers, pork & chicken dishes, fish & seafood, salads, sides & dips, desserts & cakes, and drinks & cocktails. The tropical Hawaiian recipes I have gathered here will definitely give you lots of options for the party you throw!
I’m sure many of these recipes are not authentically Hawaiian – which is why they’re also named tropical too! All I can say is that these delicious recipes, with their tropical ingredients, will surely add some sunshine to your kitchen – and to your celebrations!
Check out my Party Supplies Shop (UK) for some great products for a Tropical Hawaiian Party Luau!
I love to theme my parties – right down to the dishes that I serve the food. And for a Hawaiian Luau or other tropical themed party, that calls for things like this pretty Hibiscus Platter, this sunset stripes serving tray, or for a bit of fun, this platter in the design of a Hawaiian shirt!
Burgers & Sandwiches
- Baked Ham & Cheese Sliders – Food Network
- Hawaiian Burger – The Pioneer Woman
- Hawaiian Pulled Chicken & Pineapple Burgers – Recipe This
- Char Siu Glazed Pork & Pineapple Buns – My Recipes
- Hawaiian Barbecue Veggie Burgers – Organized 31
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs – The Endless Meal
Kebabs & Skewers
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs – Moore or Less Cooking
- Grilled Jerk Prawn & Pineapple Skewers – SAHM
- Hawaiian Beef Teriyaki Skewers – Favorite Family Recipes
- Glazed Ham & Pineapple Kebabs – She Knows
Pork & Chicken Dishes
- Kalua Pig – Nom Nom Paleo
- Hawaiian Pulled Pork – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Spam Musubi – Two Red Bowls
- Huli Huli Chicken – Guy Fieri, Food Network
- Hawaiian Style Kalua Pork – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Sweet & Spicy Hawaiian Chicken – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
Fish & Seafood
- Panko Crusted Tilapia with Mango Salsa – Wanna Bite
- Cornflake & Coconut Shrimp – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Ahi Poke Salad with Macadamia Nuts – The Fit Blog
Share this post with your friends on Facebook!
(You can follow The Purple Pumpkin Blog on FB too!)
Salads, Sides & Dips
- Papaya & Avocado Salad – My Recipes
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad – Thrifty Jinxy
- Big Kahuna Hawaiian Salad – Lunch Box Bunch
- Cucumber Salad – All You
- Jewelled Rice Salad – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Nutty Noodle Salad – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Tropical Island Rice – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Tropical Noodle Salad with Chicken – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Caramelized Maui Onion Dip – My Recipes
- Tropical Rice Salad – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
Desserts & Cakes
- Piña Colada Shortcake – Busy Mommy Media
- No Churn Piña Colada Ice Cream – You Brew My Tea
- Tropical Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Tropical Pineapple Coconut Bars – Moore or Less Cooking
- Ohana Bread Pudding – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Pineapple & Coconut Upside Down Cake – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Marvellous Mango Ice Cream – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Piña Colada Popsicles – Swanky Recipes
- Tropical Fruit Skewers – Party City
- Tropical Island Banana Cake – Sandra Lee, Food Network
- Aloha Cupcakes – Bakerella
- Tropical Cookies – Sweetie Petitti
- Tropical Honey Mint Pineapple Fruit Salad – Honey & Lime
- Piña Colada Cupcakes – Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Fudge – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Cake – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
Drinks & Cocktails
- Blue Passion Fruit Mojito – Honey & Lime
- Mai Tai – My Cocktail Masterclass
- Tropical Agua Fresca – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Tropical Rum Punch – Ann’s Entitled Life
- Piña Colada – Ann’s Entitled Life
- Blue Hawaiian – Ann’s Entitled Life
- Mocktail Hawaiian Sangria – Organized 31
- Strawberry Piña Colada Lava Flow – Swanky Recipes
- Green Fruit Tea – Country Chic Cottage
- Cherry Rum Punch – Mom On The Side
- Luau Cocktail – Mom On The Side
- Chief Lapu Lapu Cocktail – Modern Tiki
- Totally Tropical Blue Hawaiian Cocktail – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Watermelon Breeze – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Hawaiian Margarita – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
Do you hangout on Instagram? Let’s stay in touch! Follow The Purple Pumpkin Blog on Instagram and use #TPPBcelebrate when you share photos of your Hawaiian Tropical Party!
I would love if you shared this on Pinterest – just use the button below. Your shares are how I grow and I am sincerely grateful every time you share something from my blog. ♥ You are welcome to follow me on Pinterest too where I share tons of great ideas and inspiration!