This lavender margarita is a delicious purple cocktail that you can make for Halloween! This drink is perfect for all of you who love to get festive and spooky this time of year! Grab your cocktail shaker and get mixing!
For more delicious drinks, make sure you check out this List of 20+ Halloween Cocktails For Your Spooky Soirées & Parties!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
It’s October and the time for Halloween is coming up. It’s a great time of year to get creative with your drink recipes, so we’ve put together this lavender margarita recipe that will make you feel like you’re in an enchanted forest!
This purple cocktail has a floral bouquet from lavender syrup and fresh lime juice, plus the right amount of tequila and triple sec. The result? A delightful concoction perfect for celebrating All Hallows Eve!
The post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween! You can check out Crafty October from 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 for tons of awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!
Ingredients Used In This Cocktail
For your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe to Amazon below.
- Tequila Blanco – use your preferred brand
- Triple Sec – or any orange flavored liquor such as Cointreau
- Lavender Syrup
- Lime Juice
- Purple Sanding Sugar Sprinkles – to rim the glass. You can make your own purple sugar by adding a drop of purple food coloring to sugar and mixing well to color.
This cocktail is shaken, but don’t worry if you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you could just use a container with a tight-fitting lid – like a mason jar or even the cup on a blender or smoothie maker.
More Halloween Cocktails To Make
Want to make more cocktails for Halloween? I think you’re going to love these ones:
- Lucifer Morningstar Cocktail With Spiced Rum, Red Wine & Ginger Beer
- Green Wicked Witch Cocktail for Halloween with Vodka & Midori
- Black Raven Cocktail with Rum & Jägermeister – Perfect for Halloween
Lavender Margarita Variations
I like to try and give variations on the cocktails shared on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, like how to turn the cocktail into a mocktail so that non-drinkers (and kids if suitable) can enjoy the drink too!
Virgin Lavendar Margarita Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
So that non-drinkers can enjoy a non-alcoholic purple cocktail there are a few easy tweaks to make! The first is to remove the alcohol!
To make one mocktail, mix together
I love the Monin brand of syrups as there are lots of flavors and they are a very versatile ingredient that can be used in cocktails, mocktails, coffee, cocoa, shakes, smoothies, and more.
I haven’t made the mocktail version, so I recommend adding the syrups to taste as they may add a sweetness that you may not necessarily get from alcoholic liqueurs.
Non-drinking adults who still want the tequila flavors could experiment with non-alcoholic alternatives:
- If you’re in the US, you could try Ritual Tequila Alternative – a zero-alcohol tequila
- In the UK you could try Mockingbird which is alcohol-free and humbly mimicking the taste of Tequila by using authentic Mexican Blue Weber Agave.
Replace the tequila with the no-alcohol version and replace the triple sec with an orange syrup.
Frozen Lavender Margaritas
Want to turn this purple cocktail into a frozen slushie? Easy! Put all the ingredients in a blender with a generous amount of crushed ice – then blend till smooth. Serve with a straw, and watch out for brain freeze! You could do the same with the mocktail version too.
Purple Margaritas For a Crowd!
Want to make a big batch of lavender margaritas for a party or gathering? It’s so easy!
As long as you use the same measuring container (glass, cup, jug, etc.,) for the “1 part”, the ratios will be correct and you can make as much as you need to.
Make sure you add plenty of ice to your serving receptacle of choice to keep the cocktail chilled.
When setting up your bar serving area, include cocktail glasses, small napkins, a filled ice bucket, stirrers, and themed cocktail decorations if suitable!
To make a big batch of lavender margaritas, mix together:
- 2 parts Tequila Blanco
- 1 part Triple Sec
- 1 part Lavender Syrup
- ½ part Lime Juice
How Do You
Salt Sugar the Rim of a Margarita Glass?
Traditionally, margaritas are served in the eponymous margarita glass, a stepped-diameter variant of a cocktail glass or champagne coupe. The rim of the glass is often dipped in salt, but in this cocktail, we used purple sanding sugar!
You don’t have to use the margarita-shaped glasses for this cocktail – use any glass you have! The method for adding sugar (and salt) to the rim of a glass is exactly the same!
- Pour some sugar onto a small plate or saucer.
- Cut a wedge of lime and then cut a notch/sit into the flesh – and run it around the rim of the glass to add juice to the insider and outside edges.
- Dip the glass rim into the sugar and give it a twist or two (like you’re cutting cookies from dough). You can actually buy cocktail rimming dishes online (there is a gadget for everything!) but a small plate or saucer will work just fine.
- And you’re done!
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence. Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make A Lavender Margarita?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, any pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- 2oz Tequila Blanco
- 1oz Triple Sec
- 1oz Lavender Syrup
- ½oz Lime Juice
- Lime Wedge
- Purple Sanding Sugar Sprinkles
- Place tequila, triple sec, lavender syrup, and lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until well combined.
- Rub lime wedge around the rim of a margarita glass.
- Dip into purple sugar.
- Pour the cocktail into the prepared glass.
- Add extra ice if desired and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 1g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
The beverage is covered, but what about other dishes to make this recipe into a full meal? Here are my suggestions!
- Appetizer: Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers Recipe For A Crowd
- Main Dish: Slow Cooker Sausage Chili – A Classic Recipe with a Twist!
- Side Dish: Garden Fresh Tomatillo Salsa Verde – A Delicious Dip for Tortilla Chips!
- Dessert: Conjure Up Hocus Pocus Cupcakes With a Book of Spells Brownie on Top!
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.