If you are looking for some ideas for Valentine’s Day, I’ve got you covered in this post! With delicious sweet treat recipes, as well as romantic dinner ideas, cute crafts to make with the kids, with your partner, or to give as a lovely gift, and lots of free themed printables, this is your one-stop-shop for everything Valentine’s Day!
Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day always seems to be one of those holidays that creeps up on you doesn’t it? Well, it does for me!
I often find myself looking for last-minute ideas for Valentine’s Day because I have usually not realised it was February 14th already!
To save you from having to search too far, I’ve collated all of the Valentine’s Day content on The Purple Pumpkin Blog.
Just save this post to your Valentine’s Boards on Pinterest using the Save button
So why not grab a cup of coffee (or your favorite beverage!) and go through the list I’ve curated here for you.
To keep your place on the list, right-click and open a new tab to view.
Valentine’s Day Crafts
- How To Make Layered Hearts Valentines Soap Bars (Melt & Pour)
- Valentine’s Day Gnome Craft + Free Printable Template
- DIY Heart Wreath Sign Craft for Valentine’s Day
- Mickey & Minnie Love Signs Craft – Cute Home Decor for Valentine’s Day!
- Decorated DIY Valentine’s Day Candle Craft
- How To Make a Heart-Shaped Deco Mesh Valentine Wreath
- How To Make Strawberry Sugar Scrub – A Great Valentine’s Day Gift!
- Make these cute Love Bear Cards for Valentine’s Day!
- Valentine’s Day Craft – Embroidery Hoop Scrabble Tile LOVE Wall Hanging
- 3 Quick & Easy Valentines Crafts for Kids to Make
- Love Heart Garland
- Pom Pom and Pipe Cleaner Swan Craft
Valentine’s Day Printables
- Free Printable Couples Journal with Guided Prompts
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Word Scramble
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Word Search
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Mazes
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Book
- 2 Free Printable Pages from My Valentine’s Day Coloring Book for Kids!
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Animals Coloring Sheets
- Free Valentine’s Day Poster to Print
- LOVE Poster Printable for Valentine’s Day
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Free Printables
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman? Love Bug Olaf Edition!
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman? Cupid Olaf Edition!
Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Pink Valentine’s Day Strawberry Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Mickey Mouse Valentine’s Day Cookies Topped with Icing & Sprinkles!
- Valentine’s Day Heart-Shaped Brownies with White Chocolate Frosting!
- Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Decorated Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies
- Make These Red Velvet Valentine’s Day Cupcakes For Your Sweet Love!
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries for Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Day Popcorn! Cupid’s Popcorn Mix
- Sweet Love Valentines Day Cupcakes
- Make These Minnie Mouse Cupcakes for Valentine’s Day!
- Homemade Valentine’s Candies
- Last Minute Valentine’s Day Cookies
- Mickey & Minnie Hot Cocoa Bombs for Disney Lovers!
- Chocolate Fondue with Fruit Dippers
- Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles – A Delicious Homemade Gift!
- Chocolate Truffles
Romantic Dinner Recipes
- Strawberry Caprese Skewers Appetizer for Valentine’s Day
- A Recipe For Seared Strip Steak with Sautéed Mushrooms
- From Scratch Strawberry Shortcake Recipe!
- Strawberry Feta Salad with Pecans and a Balsamic Glaze
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp with Roasted Garlic Dip – Perfect for Sharing!
- Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce (& How to Poach an Egg)
- How To Assemble a Mediterranean Meze Platter for Easy Entertaining
- Niçoise Salad with Seared Ahi Tuna, Green Beans, Eggs, & Potatoes
- How To Make Pizza Margherita (On A Cast-Iron Griddle)
- How to Assemble An Italian Charcuterie Board For Parties & Entertaining
Valentine’s Day, also called Saint Valentine’s Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine is celebrated annually on February 14. Originating as a Western Christian feast day honoring one or two early saints named Valentinus, Valentine’s Day is recognized as a significant cultural, religious, and commercial celebration of romance and romantic love in many regions around the world, although it is not a public holiday in any country.
The day first became associated with romantic love within the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the 14th century, when the tradition of courtly love flourished. In 18th-century England, it evolved into an occasion in which lovers expressed their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as “valentines”). Valentine’s Day symbols that are used today include the heart-shaped outline, doves, and the figure of the winged Cupid. Since the 19th century, handwritten valentines have given way to mass-produced greeting cards.Wikipedia