This page was created on 29 February 2020 as an update to merge single policy pages into one page for visitor convenience.
This page outlines aspects that may affect the user (herein “you”, “your”, “yours”, “user’s”, “visitor”, “visitors”) browsing experience at The Purple Pumpkin Blog and [sub-domain] The Purple Pumpkin Shop (herein “Website”, “Site”, “Blog”, “Shop”, “Store”, “The Purple Pumpkin Blog”, “The Purple Pumpkin Shop”, “TPPB”, “me”, “we”, “our”, “us”, “I”).
The reading of all information on The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its shop is of your own free will. If you do not accept the contents within the policies page, you should cease use of this Website immediately and clear the cookies from your browser.
The page comprises of the following sections and it is advised that you read them all.
The various sections may be modified at any time so it is advised you re-read them occasionally; the modiﬁcation will be effective immediately and shall replace all prior policies. Dates will be added in the individual sections when they are modified.
What Information Do We Collect and How Is It Used?
Information You Voluntarily Submit To The Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name and email address. For example:
- when submitting a blog comment (It is not required that you provide this identifying information; however if you do, your email address is not published),
- by submitting a contact form,
- emailing us via an email link on this site,
- by signing up to The Pumpkin Patch (this Website’s email newsletter service),
- By opting in you agree to be sent correspondence by Michelle Ordever of The Purple Pumpkin Blog. This may include the use of your name, tracking your clicks, and targeted marketing, as well as being sent emails which may contain, blog updates, affiliate links, products, and promotions.
- You are free to unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time by using the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of every email that is sent from us. Or by contacting Michelle at The Purple Pumpkin Blog for it to be manually removed. Once unsubscribed, your details are not held under any circumstance.
- By purchasing a product in The Purple Pumpkin Shop. Please see the separate section below for full Shop details.
- We use FullStory to see our Website through our reader’s eyes. FullStory’s session replay and analytics capabilities help us troubleshoot bugs, support our customers, and build better experiences. For full details visit FullStory.
- We may also collect other information via surveys and/or any offers and/or giveaways (see exceptions below) that you voluntarily provide, either electronically or otherwise, regardless of whether we have committed not to collect it as part of our standard practices under this policy.
Giveaway Exceptions: The only time we pass details on to a third party is if you are the winner of a giveaway hosted on this site. By entering the giveaway you are giving your permission for your details to be transferred. Permission is confirmed via email from The Purple Pumpkin Blog and your details will be received and passed on via email, only to the brand for which The Purple Pumpkin Blog is hosting the giveaway or competition. Once a period of three months has elapsed, or your prize has been received, whichever comes sooner, your details and giveaway email notifications will be deleted from my personal email account. The Purple Pumpkin Blog is not responsible for your details held by the brand once they have been passed on. You may also request your details to be removed from the competition widget within the blog post which you entered through.
The Purple Pumpkin Shop
We may collect personal information from you such as your name, country, state/county/territory/province/region, and email address. These details are for the purpose of purchasing digital products in The Purple Pumpkin Shop at The Purple Pumpkin Blog and are not passed onto any third parties, other than those payment processors used to manage orders in The Shop.
As we use third-party payment The Purple Pumpkin Blog and The Purple Pumpkin Shop does not collect or store your payment details (e.g., debit/credit card numbers) and cannot see them. This is all done via the aforementioned payment processors – WooCommerce and PayPal.
Why Do We Gather This Information and What Do We Do With It?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To operate and maintain the Website
- To create your account (in The Purple Pumpkin Shop, see above) to identify you as a user of the Website, and customise the Website for your account
- To improve our products and services
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, freebies, giveaways, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts
- To respond to your comments or inquiries
- To provide you with user support
- To track and measure advertising on the Website
- To contact you for market research purposes – e.g, a blog survey to shape future content and articles
- To customise the Website according to your interests
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity
For European Economic Area Residents. If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the General Data Protect Regulation (GDPR) and applicable data protection laws, you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing.
Opting Out And Managing Your Information With Us: You may choose to stop the collection or use of your personal information by opting out at any time as provided here:
- Opt-Out: If at any time you no longer want to receive emails similar to those you are receiving from us, you may unsubscribe using the “unsubscribe” link or button at the bottom of our email messages or, if you prefer, you may unsubscribe/opt-out by submitting a request to email@example.com If you choose to unsubscribe, we wish you all the best, and you’re welcome to re-subscribe at any time.
- Access: You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org including the words “access” in the subject line.
- Amend: If at any time you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us by email at email@example.com including the words “amend” in the subject line so that it may be updated.
- Forget: In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Security: We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, including our use of secure third-party payment processors. Any of your information collected by these secure third-party processors is subject to their own privacy policies, not ours; therefore, you and we hereby agree that we will have no liability in connection with the actions or inactions of these processors.
About Google Analytics
Like most websites around the world, we use Google Analytics (GA) to process information about the number of visitors on our site, and their behavior.
We use this information to record the number of people using The Purple Pumpkin Blog and to better understand where you discover our site (from social media, Google or another site) and how you use it as well as to see how people move throughout the site.
GA records your approximate location down to the town level, the type device you are using e.g. mobile or table, name of device e.g. iPad or Samsung Galaxy, etc., operating system e.g. Windows 10 or iOS and browser e.g. Firefox or Chrome. None of this data can be used to identify you.
Google does record your IP address however, we don’t have access to this information and it modifies it so that you cannot be identified specifically, just the area that you are in.
Review of Anonymous Data from Google Analytics
We are committed to ensuring that our Website contains content that is valuable and useful to our readers. To help us with this we have implemented the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting features on our Website. These tools allow us to review anonymous data regarding the gender, age, and interests of Website visitors and adapt our Website content to better reflect their needs. Although this information is collected through your Google ad settings, it is not provided to us in a personally-identifiable format. This means we cannot identify what information is about you, and we will not try to figure it out.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Google Ad settings or through the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To do this Google Analytics uses a “cookie” on your machine. You can read more about cookies in the Cookies Policy section.
Advertisements on The Purple Pumpkin Blog
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
The Purple Pumpkin Blog allows comments to be added to the content on this site. The information collected here, which may include names, email addresses and/or website URL’s, will not be added to my mailing list, nor will it ever be passed on or shared with third parties. Adding your name, email address and website URL is completely optional on this site. Email addresses, if entered into the email field, are not shown on the site. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
The Purple Pumpkin Blog reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice due to, but not limited to:
- Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam
- Comments including profanity
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive
- Comments that attack a person individually
- Comments which contain links that are questionable, such as broken, invalid, suspicious, or shortened links
- Comments which we do not want to appear on the site
All comments are moderated and will not appear on the site until moderation has taken place. No specific time is given for the moderation of blog comments. Writing a comment is not a guarantee of it being published on the Site.
Communications & Other Privacy Matters
You consent to communicate with us through email, including without limitation the exchanging of documents as attachments to email communications. You understand that such communications may include information that we or you consider private, and that not all computer networks are necessarily secure. You agree to hold us harmless for any non-intentional loss of or access to electronically exchanged and stored information. We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time.
Links to Other Websites
This Website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Last updated on 02 June 2020
This Cookies Policy is subject to modification without notice. Modifications will be effective immediately and shall replace all prior Cookies Policies. This Cookies Policy was last updated on 29 February 2020.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient. Once the cookie is set, the site “knows” that you have been there before and can then use that knowledge to tailor the experience that you have. The vast majority of commercial websites – be they major online publishers, banks or eCommerce sites – will use them.
What Are Cookies Used For?
Cookies are used for many different functions including auto-filling forms, counting visitors, storing shopping basket items, personalizing content, targeting advertising, recording user preferences and authentication and security. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission. You have always been able to turn cookies off and on within your browser.
- Necessary – this Website will not function properly without them. You cannot opt-out of these.
- Statistics – these help us to analyze our visitor’s behavior and shape the content that you read here.
- Marketing – this helps to deliver ads that are relevant to you.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
To disable cookies in Chrome, click the 3 dots at the top right of your browser (just under the close screen ‘x’). This will open a menu where you should choose ‘settings’. The settings will open in a new window. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Advanced’. In the ‘privacy and security’ section, find the option for ‘content settings’. Here you can turn on or off several features. Cookies are usually the first option.
For other browsers, you can also take a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
What Happens When I Visit Another Website From a Link on Your Website?
Please ensure when visiting another website through any links on The Purple Pumpkin Blog that you agree to their cookies. The Purple Pumpkin Blog is not responsible for cookies on other websites other than their own.
END OF COOKIES POLICY.
Last updated on 29 February 2020
This Disclosure Policy is subject to modification without notice. Modifications will be effective immediately and shall replace all prior Disclosure Policies. This Disclosure Policy was last updated on 29 February 2020.
This Website is a personal blog written, curated and edited by me, Michelle Ordever of The Purple Pumpkin Blog. All images and content are protected by copyright.
This blog is for-profit and accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Even though I work very hard to provide you with up-to-date information, I make no representations or warranties of any kind (expressed or implied) about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of any information, products, services or related images, photographs, video, graphics contained on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for any purpose.
I aim to provide you with accurate information at the time of publishing, but some information will understandably be less accurate as time passes. Should you find any inaccurate information, please do not hesitate to contact us, and I can update the said info as soon as possible.
All content provided on this blog is for information purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
All tutorials and recipes, though instructive and thought to be sound, are not warranted or guaranteed by the author, The Purple Pumpkin Blog, or any party acting on their behalf. The reader assumes all risk, inherent and not inherent with the construction of any tutorial or recipe found within this domain (ThePurplePumpkinBlog.co.uk), any email alias ending in @thepurplepumpkinblog.co.uk, or any social media account used by The Purple Pumpkin Blog.
In general, The Purple Pumpkin Blog is an information-based site and urges all readers to seek local professional help before attempting a project that is new to them, either in idea or skill, to comply with local and national laws. Furthermore, The Purple Pumpkin Blog advises that everyone take a proper course on how to use each and every specific tool before beginning any project.
The Purple Pumpkin Blog does not warranty any product reviewed or featured on ThePurplePumpkinBlog.co.uk, any email alias ending in @thepurplepumpkinblog.co.uk, or any social media accounts directly or indirectly with ThePurplePumpkinBlog.co.uk.
If you have any questions about the warranty, safety, soundness or any other question that could cause harm and/or injury, The Purple Pumpkin Blog urges you not to attempt the project and seek professional help.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion, and identity. The compensation received may influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. The advertising content will be clearly identified with a link to this disclosure policy.
As the owner of this blog, I am sometimes compensated to provide my own opinion on products, services, events, websites and various other topics from time to time. Even though I receive compensation for posts or advertisements, honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products are always given. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
Types of Content on The Purple Pumpkin Blog
Disclosing Paid Content
I disclose paid content to my readers: in the following ways: the word “AD” will be displayed in the heading area of the blog post and the words “advertisement feature” in the body of the post after the first heading. Older content may have been tagged as a “Collaboration” or “Advertorial”.
I have been sent a product for free to review and write about on my blog. I may also be asked to review events, services or other experiences. I may have also received a fee to write the review. The incentive of product or payment does affect the outcome of the review. All my reviews are my honest feelings and feelings about the product, service, event, or experience. These posts will be disclosed at the top of a blog post with the tag ‘Review’ with a link to this disclosure policy. Additionally, the word “AD” will be displayed in the heading area of the blog post and the words “advertisement feature” in the body of the post after the first heading.
There are occasions when I write my own reviews on products or services that I have purchased and want to share with you. No money or free product has been accepted for these, and so, are not linked to my disclosure policy.
A company has provided a prize for me to giveaway on my blog. I will have received payment to run the giveaway, in the form of either monetary compensation or in the form of products/services. Prizes are sent directly from the company. In the case of a prize not being received, please contact me so that I can chase this up for you. Please ensure you read the terms and conditions for each giveaway as they may differ.
Information for Brands
If you are a brand or business and would like to work with The Purple Pumpkin Blog, in the short or long term, please contact me to open a discussion and/or request my media pack. You can read more about working with me here. All content is disclosed, with no exceptions.
Note that I do not partner with brands free of charge – this is a business, just like yours. I also do not accept product as the only form of compensation.
Affiliates & Advertising Banners
Some pages on my blog contain link ads and banner ads to other websites and services and are provided by a third party. I do not always personally endorse these products or services. Please check individual websites for their own privacy, cookies and disclosure policies.
This site uses partner links from other advertising partners (affiliates).
Amazon Associate Disclosure
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These are posts that I invite my blogging friends to write for The Purple Pumpkin Blog. No money changes hands and the posts are marked as guest posts. Please note guest posts are by invitation only. I will not accept requests for guest posts.
Money, Finance and Insurance Posts
I am not a financial advisor, and blog posts regarding money and finance should not be taken as financial advice. You should always consult with an independent financial advisor.
Recipes, Calorie Counts and Slimming World Syns
Recipes are my own, or from books or other media (where stated). Calorie counts are approximate using online resources. I am not a doctor or dietician, or providing medical advice and hold no responsibility for the complete accuracy of calorie counts and nutritional information. And where applicable, Syns in Slimming World friendly recipes. I advise you to check your own resources if you are using recipes to lose weight. All weight-loss programs should be followed on advice from a doctor.
Links to Other Websites
My Website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave my site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this disclosure policy. You should exercise caution and look at the disclosure policy applicable to the website in question.
Printables created by and for The Purple Pumpkin Blog are for personal use only and not for resale in any form. This includes turning printables into a tangible product. If you wish to link to, pin or share my printables, you are welcome to do so as long as a link back to the blog post is shown and the watermarks are kept intact. Please link to the blog post, and not the PDF document. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Just leave me a comment, here on my blog, on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. I hope you find them useful.
Most of my printables come in the form of PDF documents and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Some printables are grouped together in a WinRAR file. These can be unzipped using software that usually comes with your computer. Please contact me if you have a problem opening any of my free printables.
All content provided on this blog is for general information and entertainment purposes only. All opinions are my own. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. Under no circumstances will the owner of this blog be liable for any loss or damage (including without limitation indirect or consequential loss or damage) or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website.
Although I try to keep The Purple Pumpkin Blog running 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, access to the site may be temporarily or permanently suspended and without notice at my own discretion, due to possible updates or technical issues beyond my control. I will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period of time. I will try to get the Website back online as soon as possible.
END OF DISCLOSURE POLICY.
Last updated on 02 June 2020
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions cover both free and purchased printables from Michelle Ordever of The Purple Pumpkin Blog and The Purple Pumpkin Shop. I have the right to modify the Terms and Conditions at any time; the modiﬁcation will be eﬀective immediately and shall replace all prior Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions were updated on 25 March 2020. It is advised that you re-read them from time to time.
Printables from The Purple Pumpkin Blog & Shop are for personal, classroom, public library or activity group use only.
Activity groups include, but not limited to after-school clubs, breakfast clubs, adult-learning groups, care home activity groups, Brownies, Cubs, Girl Scouts, etc. If in doubt, please feel free to contact me.
By downloading the file(s), you agree that you will not copy or reproduce the file(s) except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- Print as many copies as you’d like to use in your own home, classroom, public library or activity group.
- Print on your own printer or use a print shop or an online print service if you do not have access to a printer.
- Photocopy the printable after the first print.
- Post online about a printable (for example – take a picture of your child, student or group member using it), giving proper credit to The Purple Pumpkin Blog and must link back to the original source for downloading the printable i.e., the product in the store or blog post.
- Share free printables blog posts on Social Media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to the original blog post.
YOU MAY NOT
- Claim my files as your own.
- Alter my electronic files in any way.
- Sell or in any way profit from my electronic files.
- Print my files and then sell or profit from the printed copies.
- Use my electronic files or printed copies to create other products. For example, but not limited to mugs, posters, stickers, etc.
- Store or distribute my files on any other website or other location where others can electronically retrieve them. For example, but not limited to your own website/blog, Amazon Inspire, Dropbox, 4Shared, MediaFire, Facebook Groups, and online forums, etc.
- Email my files to anyone or transmit them in any other electronic fashion.
- Share the free or purchased printable files on social media or on your blog/website.
- Printables are always available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″) unless otherwise stated.
- Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings.
- Due to the digital nature of the printables, refunds are not given.
- Printables come in the form of PDF documents (unless otherwise stated) and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Some printables are grouped together in a WinRAR file or WinZip file. These can be unzipped using software that usually comes with your computer. Please contact me if you have a problem opening any of my free printables.
- You can create a free account to re-download all your printables (free or purchased) again and again.
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated on 25 March 2020
Site Information is subject to modification without notice. Modifications will be effective immediately and shall replace all prior Site Information. This Site Information was last updated on 29 February 2020.
This Website is a personal blog written, curated and edited by me, Michelle Ordever of The Purple Pumpkin Blog. All images and content are protected by copyright. If you are going to link to us, an email notification is greatly appreciated (so we can help promote your page), but not necessary.
Live-streaming (Facebook LIVE, Instagram Stories, IGTV, TikTok, YouTube, etc.) content posted by The Purple Pumpkin Blog to those platforms are included in this policy. All content (although made public) is NOT free to use unless permission is expressly granted.
How You Can Use Our Content
We love it when others share our fun and creations, and encourage you to share on your blog, website, and social media accounts. We must, however, advise that you follow the usage parameters listed below.
- Please use one (1) image only and source the image as ThePurplePumpkinBlog.co.uk. You must not alter the image or remove the watermark.
- You must link back directly to the post from which you selected the image. This link must be within the body of the post/article and must be visible. Please note: you may NOT use any of the text that appears on The Purple Pumpkin Blog. If you are unclear, contact us directly BEFORE publication.
- If including a full image in a roundup please use the CREATE plugin to add my content to your LIST. If you do not use CREATE, then full images from The Purple Pumpkin Blog should be marked as “nopin”. An image can be used in a collage or slideshow with proper, clear credit to the original post containing the image.
- If you are linking to a printable, you must link to the post and not directly to the printable download link.
- Any live-streaming material should not be used unless you have been given express permission and have been provided a link by The Purple Pumpkin Blog.
- No video should be uploaded directly into your publication platform as it is in violation of copyright law AND social network terms of service.
- If you would like to use any of my images for your own advertising, commercial use, print work, etc., please contact me for rates.
The Purple Pumpkin Blog is not responsible for any republished content from this blog on other blogs, websites, blog comments or other media unless supplied from ourselves.
The owner of this blog reserves the right to change the focus of this blog shut it down, or sell it at her own discretion.
This site might choose to display advertisements for which we receive compensation. This practice, along with affiliate links, helps to keep this site free of charge to you.
The views, advice, and opinions on this site are purely my own. Any product, claim, statistic or representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, service provider, or party in question.
END OF SITE INFORMATION
Last updated on 29 February 2020
END OF PRIVACY, COOKIES AND DISCLOSURE POLICIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS & SITE INFORMATION
©The Purple Pumpkin Blog | Last updated on 02 June 2020