If you want to take time out from the chaos this holiday season, why not sit down and make one of these awesome Christmas crafts for adults? This selection of festive crafts includes awesome handmade ornaments and decorations, as well as items you can make and give as gifts to friends and family.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Christmas Crafts for Adults
This selection of adult Christmas crafts ranges in level, from ridiculously simple holiday crafts, through to some that require a bit more skill. But whatever level of crafting you are at, take a look at them because you never know what you can do until you try!
Need something for the kids to do while they wait for Santa? Check out 12 Kids Crafts for Christmas!
Before I get into the crafts, here is some handy information for you.
Christmas crafts for adults are not the only ones I have on my blog, there are 100+ Crafts for year round making for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.
If you are looking for a specific craft, please use the search function below. If you can’t find what you are searching for, then please do contact me as I take all reader suggestions on board!
TIP! Links to the various crafts on The Purple Pumpkin Blog will open in the same window/tab, so to reach this page again, just hit the back button on your browser.
DIY Christmas Tree Ornaments
If you want to turn your hand to making your own Christmas tree ornaments, check out these easy craft ideas:
- Dried Fruit Christmas Tree Decorations – inexpensive and look great on real pine trees for a rustic look.
- Gingerbread Christmas Tree Decorations – they look and smell amazing!
- Homemade DIY Christmas Baubles/Ornaments – jazz up plain ornaments.
- Easy No-Sew Felt Christmas Ornament Penguin + Free Printable Pattern – a cute craft for all ages.
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Craft – more kid orientated, but who says adults can’t make this too!
Handy Crafting Supplies from Amazon
Having a good basic stash of craft supplies means you can get crafty at a moment’s notice. A lifesaver on rainy days, on snow days, when stuck inside. (Or when the kids are complaining for the hundredth time that they are bored! I keep a box full of these products below so that when my niece and nephews come to visit we can have a fun creative time together.)
If you are short on space to store stuff, why not invest in a craft tote to keep everything together and stash away when not in use? There are many different sizes and styles so buy one (or two) suit your needs. I have a couple of this style tote just for pens and pencils!
Disney Christmas Paper Ornaments
And if you’re a Disney nut (like me!) you’ll LOVE making all of these paper ornaments!
- John Smith & Pocahontas Christmas Ornament Craft
- Cinderella Christmas Ornament Craft
- Prince Charming Christmas Ornament Craft
- Jasmine Christmas Ornament Craft
- Aladdin Christmas Ornament Craft
- Ariel Christmas Ornament Craft
- Ursula Christmas Ornament Craft
- Jack Skellington Christmas Ornament Craft
- Sally Christmas Ornament Craft
- Oogie Boogie Christmas Ornament Craft
- Mayor Christmas Ornament Craft
- Santa Jack Skellington Ornament Craft
- Sheriff Woody Christmas Ornament Craft
- Toy Story Jessie Christmas Ornament Craft
- Buzz Lightyear Christmas Ornament Craft
- Toy Story Alien Christmas Ornament Craft
- Sleeping Beauty Christmas Ornament Craft
- Handmade Maleficent Ornament
- Lady and the Tramp Paper Ornaments Craft for Christmas
- Disney’s Frozen Anna Christmas Ornament Craft
- Disney’s Frozen Elsa Christmas Ornament Craft
- Disney’s Frozen Olaf Christmas Ornament Craft
Christmas Decoration Crafts
Why not turn your hand to making your own Christmas decorations for your home instead of buying them?
- How To Make Glitter Snowflakes – a fun craft that the kids can get involved with too!
- DIY Advent Candle using Posca Pens
- DIY Glitter Pinecones – collect pinecones from the forest and turn them into a sparkly decoration!
- Wrapping Paper / Gift Wrap Christmas Trees – use up scraps of gift wrap to make these cute little trees.
- Snowflakes Balloon Display – a great Christmas party decoration!
- Pipe Cleaner & Pom Pom Reindeer Craft
- Christmas Decoration Crafts – includes easy snow globe, wreath, and button Christmas tree ornaments.
- Decoupage Christmas Tree – a simple paper craft.
- Christmas Glass Block
- Christmas Shadow Box
- Bowls of Light – this decoration with aqua beads and LED lights is awesome the year-round!
- Tissue Paper Christmas Wreath – such a simple craft, great for all ages.
- Easy DIY Mini Fern Wreaths – these were made as place settings, but also a lovely fresh decoration too.
- Vintage-style Christmas Wreath
- Easy Christmas Wreath
Other Christmas Crafts
A few more Christmas crafts that don’t quite fit in with the other categories!
- How To Make DIY Gift Bows – don’t waste money on bows when you can make them yourself!
- Handmade Christmas Crackers – another thing that’s really quite easy to make (start saving toilet paper tubes!) and you can add your own fun prizes inside!
- Christmas Countdown Grab Bags – make this instead of buying an advent calendar. Fully customizable to your kiddos!
I will be adding to this list of Christmas crafts over time, so make sure that you save this post to your Pinterest craft boards so that you can always find them!
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!