This Jasmine Christmas Ornament Craft is made with construction paper and is so easy to assemble using a free printable template! Turn a classic Mickey-Head shape into the Persian Princess and hang the ornament on your Christmas tree! This Disney Princess craft is fun for all ages.
Read on to find out how to make this awesome Princess Jasmine Christmas decoration!
This post is part of Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) – a series of festive recipes, crafts, printables, and more on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Jasmine Christmas Ornament Craft
Jasmine is quite the headstrong Disney Princess and I love that about her! This ornament is based on her outfit and has a touch of sparkle from glitter.
And of course, she needs a suitor to show her the world, so head on over to the Aladdin Christmas Ornament Craft and make him too!
There are plenty more Disney ornament crafts on their way to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, so make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (details below) so that you don’t miss the tutorials when they are released!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft. I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors:
- Gold (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Blue (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- Black String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments if you wish
- Jasmine Ornament Template – as with [most of] my free printables, this is available in two different sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). You’ll find the downloads below, surrounded by a purple box.
How To Make Jasmine Ornaments
I’ve got several step-by-step photos to guide you through making Disney ornaments, and there is also a slideshow video over on my YouTube channel that you can watch and save to your Playlists for future reference. (Don’t forget to subscribe while you are there!)
Assembling Jasmine is really easy – here is how you do it!
Simply print the template onto the corresponding colored paper or card and cut the pieces out.
Alternatively, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored card, especially if you are worried that it won’t go through your printer.
Space out the ears pieces evenly and use a glue stick to attach behind the top of Mickey-Jasmines’s head.
Stick the gold necklace at the top, then place the blue bra top in place just under it. Add the turquoise/blue pants to the bottom of the ornament, with the light turquoise/blue piece on top.
Glitter is optional, but I think the ornaments look so much nicer when glittered up! Plus it’s a Christmas decoration, and Christmas needs sparkle!
You can add glitter to any parts of the ornament that you like though, but here are my suggestions:
Add white school glue to the necklace and sprinkle with gold glitter. Tap off the excess. Repeat the process on the light blue piece and add turquoise/blue glitter. Leave to dry.
Just one more step which is sticking a loop of black string or ribbon to the back of the ornaments. Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Jack Skellington Christmas Ornament Craft
- Lady and the Tramp Paper Ornaments Craft for Christmas
- Handmade Maleficent Ornament
Download Jasmine Template
- Free Printable Disney Ornament Template – Jasmine – A4 Size
- Free Printable Disney Ornament Template – Jasmine – US Letter Size
Downloads open in new tab/window
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors: Black, Skin Tone, Yellow, Turquoise/Blue, Light Turquoise/Blue
- Gold, and Turquoise/Light Blue Fine Glitter (optional)
- Black String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the Jasmine ornament template onto corresponding colored papers or cardstock (Link in the blog post). Cut out and set aside.
- Space the ears evenly apart and stick behind the top of the head with a glue stick.
- Glue the yellow necklace at the top of the ornament, followed by the blue bra top just under it.
- Place the turquoise pants and the bottom and place the light turquoise piece on top.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue to the parts you want to add sparkle to and sprinkle the glitter over. Add gold glitter to the necklace and light blue glitter to the pants. Shake off the excess and leave to dry.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornaments so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Jasmine Christmas ornament on your tree!
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!