This Santa Jack Skellington Ornament Craft is made with construction paper and is so easy to assemble using a free printable template! Turn a classic Mickey-Head shape into “Sandy Claws” and hang the ornament on your Christmas tree!
This Nightmare Before Christmas craft is fun for all ages. Read on to find out how to make this awesome Santa Jack decoration!
This post is part of Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) – a series of festive recipes, crafts, printables, and more on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
Santa Jack Skellington Ornament Craft
The Nightmare Before Christmas… is it a Halloween movie, is it a Christmas movie? I always say it is both! Jack Skellington – the Pumpkin King, dresses up as Sandy Claws as he is intrigued by Christmas Town… Shenanigans ensue!
There are plenty more Disney ornament crafts on their way to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, so make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (details below) so that you don’t miss the tutorials when they are released!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft.
I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors:
- Black (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- Black String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments if you wish
- Santa Jack Ornament Template – as with [most of] my free printables, this is available in two different sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). You’ll find the downloads below, surrounded by a purple box.
How To Make Santa Jack Ornaments
I’ve got photos to guide you through making this Santa Jack ornament and there is also a slideshow video over on my YouTube channel that you can watch and save to your Playlists for future reference. (Don’t forget to subscribe while you are there!)
Assembling your Jack Skellington ornament is really easy – here is how you do it!
Simply print the template onto the corresponding colored paper or card and cut the pieces out. Alternatively, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored card, especially if you are worried that it won’t go through your printer.
Space out the ears pieces evenly and use a glue stick to attach behind the top of Jack’s head. Then glue on the Santa hat, followed by the fur trim and pompom. Finally, stick Jack’s beard in place.
If you want to add glitter to your ornament – the option is up to you – apply white school glue to the ears, eyes, nose, and mouth and sprinkle over black fine glitter. Shake off excess and leave to dry.
Just one more step which is sticking a loop of black string or ribbon to the back of the ornament. Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Lady and the Tramp Paper Ornaments Craft
- Handmade Maleficent Ornament
- Sleeping Beauty Christmas Ornament Craft
Download Santa Jack Template
- Free Printable Ornament Template – Santa Jack Skellington – A4 Size
- Free Printable Ornament Template – Santa Jack Skellington – US Letter Size
Downloads open in new tab/window
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors: Black, White, Red
- Black Fine Glitter (optional)
- Black String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the Santa Jack ornament template onto corresponding colored papers or cardstock (Link in the blog post). Cut out and set aside.
- Space the ears evenly apart and stick behind the top of the head with a glue stick.
- Glue the red Santa hat between the ears, followed by the fur trim and pompom.
- Add the beard to the bottom of the head.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue to the ears, eyes, nose, and mouth and sprinkle the glitter over. Shake off the excess and leave to dry.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornaments so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Santa Jack Skellington ornament on your tree!
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!