Get crafty this festive season with this adorable Wood Block Snowman Craft. You’ll need wooden blocks (Jenga blocks are perfect!) paint, ribbon, burlap, and buttons. Be as adventurous as you like with your designs, and get these cute little guys added to your Christmas decorations.
I’ve got more Snowman Crafts & Recipes for you to try out – right-click and open these other activities in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Wood Block Snowman Craft
The full list of materials, tools, and instructions is found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through before starting this project to ensure that you have everything required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Snow is falling, the holiday season is in full swing, and you know what that means- time to craft!
This wintery DIY project is fun for both adults and kids and will have your little ones building memories as they create their very own snowman.
Using wooden craft blocks (or old Jenga game blocks!), some paint, ribbon, and buttons, you can make these cute snowmen in next to no time!
This post is part of Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) – a series of festive recipes, crafts, printables, and more on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
The complete list of supplies, which may include basic crafting items that you already have can be found in the tutorial card at the end of this post. For your convenience, I’ve linked any notable materials and tools needed for this project to Amazon below.
- Wooden Blocks – about the size of a Jenga block
- Burlap Ribbon
- Red Ribbon
- Small Red Buttons
- Small Brown Buttons
- White Acrylic Paint
- Black and Orange Markers
Cheap Craft Supplies
If you’re in the USA, check out your local Dollar Store or Dollar Tree; and if you’re in the UK, the Poundshop, The Range, Wilko, and Baker Ross are great places to shop for cheap and inexpensive craft supplies. The rest of the world reading this – I don’t know every cheap store – sorry! But hunt the ones out in your location for crafting bargains!
More Snowman Crafts
Looking for more snowman crafts? Here are some more for you to check out! Just right-click and open in a new tab to read next!
- “Let It Snow” Snowman Sign Craft using a Cricut
- Easy To Make Snowman Charm Bracelet Craft Using Beads
- Fun & Simple Paper Snowman Bookmark Craft for Kids
I’ve shared lots of great craft ideas on The Purple Pumpkin Blog over the years, in fact, there are 100+ crafts to make and do at home that you can try!
- Check charity shops/thrift stores/garage sales for cheap, old Jenga games to use in crafts like this one. You’ll be amazed at what you can do with these size blocks!
- You can make these snowmen any size you like – just adjust the size and length of the ribbon to fit.
- Colors shown here are just a suggestion – use any color of buttons and ribbons that you like!
How Do I Make Wood Block Snowmen?
Just check out the how-to card below with full materials, tools, and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- Small wood block (such as a Jenga block)
- White Acrylic Paint
- 2.5" wide burlap ribbon
- Natural twine
- ¼" red ribbon
- Small red button
- 2 small brown buttons
- Black and orange markers
- Paint brush
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Paint the entire wood block with white paint. Leave to dry. Apply a second coat if required and let dry.
- Cut the burlap ribbon to 3.5" long.
- Apply a small amount of glue to one end of the block.
- Stick one end of the burlap onto the glue. Wrap the burlap around the block, apply glue down one edge of the burlap, and secure to the other edge of the burlap.
- Cut the twine to 5" long. Tie it around the burlap, halfway up.
- Add glue to the red button. Adhere button to the center of twine, where the knot is.
- Cut the red ribbon to 6" long.
- Apply a dot of glue about halfway down the back of the block.
- Center the ribbon onto the glue.
- The wrap around to the front of the block. Tie the ribbon in the front, making a knot.
- Add two dots of glue to the bottom of the block, then add the two brown buttons.
- Use the black marker to make eyes, then a mouth. Use the orange marker to make a nose. Display where desired!
- To turn the snowman into a hanging ornament, cut a piece of twine to 7", fold it in half, and tie a knot to make a loop. Glue at the top of the woodblock before creating the hat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!