This Cinderella Christmas Ornament Craft is made with construction paper and is so easy to assemble using a free printable template! Turn a classic Mickey-Head shape into Cinder’s iconic blue dress and hang the ornament on your Christmas tree!
This Disney Princess craft is fun for all ages. Read on to find out how to make an awesome Cinderella Christmas decoration!
This post is part of the Create Christmas series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog – a celebration of everything Christmas and Winter. Now in its 8th year, the 2019 series is bigger and better, running from November through December 31st!
Cinderella Christmas Ornament Craft
Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother dressed her up in a pretty blue ballgown, and that’s been replicated on this Christmas ornament!
Make sure you also check out the Prince Charming ornament craft too, so that the two love birds can be together on the Christmas tree!
There are plenty more Disney ornament crafts on their way to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, so make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (details below) so that you don’t miss the tutorials when they are released!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft. I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors:
- Black (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Silver (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- Black String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments if you wish
- Cinderella Ornament Template – as with [most of] my free printables, this is available in two different sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). You’ll find the downloads below, surrounded by a purple box.
How To Make Cinderella Ornaments
I’ve got several step-by-step photos to guide you through making Disney ornaments, and there is also a slideshow video over on my YouTube channel that you can watch and save to your Playlists for future reference. (Don’t forget to subscribe while you are there!)
Assembling Cinderella is really easy – here is how you do it!
Simply print the template onto the corresponding colored paper or card and cut the pieces out.
Alternatively, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored card, especially if you are worried that it won’t go through your printer.
Space out the ears pieces evenly and use a glue stick to attach behind the top of Mickey-Cinderella’s head.
Stick the small light blue piece at the top of the ornament with the black piece just over the top of it to form Cinderella’s choker necklace. Finally, stick the silver/gray bodice piece onto the ornament (it is listed as very light blue, but it gets covered with glitter anyway!).
Glitter is optional, but I think the ornaments look so much nicer when glittered up! Plus it’s a Christmas decoration, and Christmas needs sparkle!
You can add glitter to any parts of the ornament that you like though, but here are my suggestions:
Add white school glue to the choker necklace and sprinkle with black glitter. Tap off the excess. Repeat the process on the bodice using silver glitter. Leave to dry.
Just one more step which is sticking a loop of black string or ribbon to the back of the ornaments.
You can add another circle of construction paper to the back of the ornament to hide your workings if you wish.
Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Oogie Boogie Christmas Ornament Craft
- Toy Story Alien Christmas Ornament Craft
- Sally Skellington Ornament Craft
Download Cinderella Template
- Free Printable Disney Ornament Template – Cinderella – A4 Size
- Free Printable Disney Ornament Template – Cinderella – US Letter Size
Downloads open in new tab/window
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors: Bright Blue, Light Blue, Black, Light Gray/Silver
- Black, and Silver Fine Glitter (optional)
- Black String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the Cinderella ornament template onto corresponding colored papers or cardstock (Link in the blog post). Cut out and set aside.
- Space the ears evenly apart and stick behind the top of the head with a glue stick.
- Glue the small light blue piece to the top of the ornament with the black piece just over the top to form Cinderella's choker necklace. Finally, add the silver bodice.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue to the parts you want to add sparkle to and sprinkle the glitter over. Add black glitter to the choker, and silver glitter to the bodice. Shake off the excess and leave to dry.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- You can add another circle of construction paper to the back of the ornament to hide your workings if you wish.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornaments so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Cinderella Christmas ornament on your tree!
The Create Christmas series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create Christmas from 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!