This Oogie Boogie Christmas Ornament Craft is made with construction paper and is so easy to assemble using a free printable template! Turn a classic Mickey-Head shape into the Boogie Man (complete with bugs!) and hang the ornament on your Christmas tree!
This Nightmare Before Christmas craft is fun for all ages. Read on to find out how to make this awesome Oogie Boogie decoration!
This post is part of Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) – a series of festive recipes, crafts, printables, and more on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Oogie Boogie Christmas Ornament Craft
The Nightmare Before Christmas… is it a Halloween movie, is it a Christmas movie? I always say it is both! Jack Skellington – the Pumpkin King, dresses up as Sandy Claws as he is intrigued by Christmas Town… Shenanigans ensue!
I love this film so much – it’s one of my favorites! I have shared several Nightmare Before Christmas ornaments and now it’s time for the Oogie Boogie!
- Santa Jack Skellington Ornament Craft
- Jack Skellington Ornament Craft (Jack’s Suit)
- Sally Skellington Ornament Craft (Sally’s Dress)
- Jack Skellington Christmas Ornament Craft (Jack’s Face)
- Sally Christmas Ornament Craft (Sally’s Face)
- Halloween Town Mayor Christmas Ornament Craft
There are plenty more Disney ornament crafts on their way to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, so make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (details below) so that you don’t miss the tutorials when they are released!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft.
I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors:
- Black (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- Black String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments if you wish
- Oogie Boogie Ornament Template – as with [most of] my free printables, this is available in two different sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). You’ll find the downloads below, surrounded by a purple box.
How To Make Oogie Boogie Ornaments
Assembling your Oogie Boogie ornament is really easy – here is how you do it!
Simply print the template onto the corresponding colored paper or card and cut the pieces out.
Alternatively, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored card, especially if you are worried that it won’t go through your printer. You will have to draw on some elements though if you go this route.
Space out the ears pieces evenly and use a glue stick to attach behind the top of Oogie Boogie’s head. Then stick the worms on the ears.
If you want to add glitter to your ornament – the option is up to you – apply white school glue to Oogie’s eyes and mouth (and on the stitches too if you like) and sprinkle over black fine glitter. Shake off excess and leave to dry.
Just one more step which is sticking a loop of black string or ribbon to the back of the ornaments. Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
I’ve got more Nightmare Before Christmas ornaments on their way, but while you wait, check out the tutorial video over on my YouTube channel.
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Buzz Lightyear Christmas Ornament Craft
- Sheriff Woody Christmas Ornament Craft
- Disney’s Frozen Elsa Christmas Ornament Craft
Download Oogie Boogie Template
- Free Printable Nightmare Before Christmas Ornament Template – Oogie Boogie – A4 Size
- Free Printable Nightmare Before Christmas Ornament Template – Oogie Boogie – US Letter Size
Downloads open in new tab/window
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors: Green, Light Brown
- Black Fine Glitter (optional)
- Black String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the Oogie Boogie ornament template onto corresponding colored papers or cardstock (Link in the blog post). Cut out and set aside.
- Space the ears evenly apart and stick behind the top of the head with a glue stick.
- Then glue the worms on the ears.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue to the parts you want to add sparkle to and sprinkle the glitter over. Shake off the excess and leave to dry.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornaments so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Oogie Boogie Christmas ornament on your tree!
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!