This Mayor Christmas Ornament Craft is made with construction paper and is so easy to assemble using a free printable template! Turn a classic Mickey-Head shape into the Mayor of Halloween Town (with both of his faces!) and hang the ornament on your Christmas tree!
This Nightmare Before Christmas craft is fun for all ages. Read on to find out how to make this awesome Mayor decoration!
This post is part of Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) – a series of festive recipes, crafts, printables, and more on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Mayor Christmas Ornament Craft
The Nightmare Before Christmas… is it a Halloween movie, is it a Christmas movie? I always say it is both! Jack Skellington – the Pumpkin King, dresses up as Sandy Claws as he is intrigued by Christmas Town… Shenanigans ensue!
I love this film so much – it’s one of my favorites! I have shared several Nightmare Before Christmas ornaments and now it’s time for the Mayor!
- Santa Jack Skellington Ornament Craft
- Jack Skellington Ornament Craft (Jack’s Suit)
- Sally Skellington Ornament Craft (Sally’s Dress)
- Jack Skellington Christmas Ornament Craft (Jack’s Face)
- Sally Christmas Ornament Craft (Sally’s Face)
- Oogie Boogie Christmas Ornament Craft
There are plenty more Disney ornament crafts on their way to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, so make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (details below) so that you don’t miss the tutorials when they are released!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft.
I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors:
- Silver (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- Black String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments if you wish
- Mayor Ornament Template – as with [most of] my free printables, this is available in two different sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). You’ll find the downloads below, surrounded by a purple box.
How To Make Mayor Ornaments
The Mayor of Halloween Town has TWO faces, and you can make both with this craft! Assembling your Mayor ornaments is really easy – here is how you do it!
Simply print the template onto the corresponding colored paper or card and cut the pieces out.
Alternatively, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored card, especially if you are worried that it won’t go through your printer. You will have to draw on some elements though if you go this route.
Space out the ears pieces evenly and use a glue stick to attach behind the top of both of the heads.
Stick the small hat trim to the hat and stick between the ears. Add the teeth to the happy face.
Using crayons, add some color. Color the Mayor’s rosettes in red, add rosy cheeks to the happy face and outline the mouth with red.
For the sad/worried face color the outer eyes with blue, and the inners with red. Add yellow to the teeth and blue around the mouth.
If you want to add glitter to your ornament – the option is up to you – apply white school glue the Mayor’s ears and hat band and sprinkle over silver fine glitter. Shake off excess and leave to dry. You can add glitter in other areas too if you like.
Just one more step which is sticking a loop of black string or ribbon to the back of the ornaments. Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
I’ve got more Nightmare Before Christmas ornaments on their way, but while you wait, check out the tutorial video over on my YouTube channel.
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Disney’s Frozen Anna Christmas Ornament Craft
- Sleeping Beauty Christmas Ornament Craft
- Toy Story Alien Christmas Ornament Craft
Download Mayor Template
- Free Printable Nightmare Before Christmas Ornament Template – Mayor – A4 Size
- Free Printable Nightmare Before Christmas Ornament Template – Mayor – US Letter Size
Downloads open in new tab/window
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors: Gray, Black, White, Peach
- Silver Fine Glitter (optional)
- Black String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the Mayor ornament template onto corresponding colored papers or cardstock (Link in the blog post). Cut out and set aside.
- Space the ears evenly apart and stick behind the top of each head with a glue stick.
- Stick the gray band to the black hat, then stick between the ears.
- Sick the white teeth to the happy face.
- Add color to each face with crayons: color the Mayor rosettes in red, add rosy cheeks to the happy face and outline the smile with red. Color the teeth of the sad face yellow, and outline the mouth in blue. Add blue to the outer eyes, and red to the inner eyes.
- Stick the rosette in place.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue to the ears and gray band and sprinkle silver glitter over. Shake off the excess and leave to dry.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornaments so that they last longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Mayor Christmas ornament on your tree!
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!