This Jessie Christmas Ornament Craft is made with construction paper and is so easy to assemble using a free printable template! Turn a classic Mickey-Head shape into Cowgirl Jessie’s outfit and hang the ornament on your Christmas tree!
This Disney • Pixar Toy Story craft is fun for all ages. Read on to find out how to make this awesome Jessie decoration!
This post is part of Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) – a series of festive recipes, crafts, printables, and more on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
Jessie Christmas Ornament Craft
Jessie is the yodling cowgirl who made her first appearance in Toy Story 2. My son loved that film when he was a little kid, and we watched it over and over (and over!).
There are plenty more Disney ornament crafts on their way to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, so make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (details below) so that you don’t miss the tutorials when they are released!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft.
I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors:
- White (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Gold (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Red (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Black (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- Black String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments if you wish
- Jessie Ornament Template – as with [most of] my free printables, this is available in two different sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). You’ll find the downloads below, surrounded by a purple box.
How To Make Jessie Ornaments
I’ve got several step-by-step photos to guide you through making these Disney ornaments, and there is also a slideshow video over on my YouTube channel that you can watch and save to your Playlists for future reference. (Don’t forget to subscribe while you are there!)
Assembling your Toy Story ornament is really easy – here is how you do it!
Simply print the template onto the corresponding colored paper or card and cut the pieces out. Print the page with the belt buckle onto dark yellow.
Alternatively, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored card, especially if you are worried that it won’t go through your printer. You will have to draw on some of the embellishments.
Use the photos as a guide for where each piece should go – place them down first and make sure you have them in the correct order before sticking them down with a glue stick.
Start with the large white circle as the base, and then stick the dark yellow semi-circle piece at the bottom, the yellow piece with the squiggly line across it at the top, then stick the white collar piece on the very top over the yellow piece.
Next up is the blue piece on top of the dark yellow, then the cow print piece on top of that.
Jessie’s hat comes next, along with the belt buckle, and finally the Mickey ears at the very back. Make sure they are evenly spaced.
Glitter is optional, but if you have got glitter, then you totally should use it!
Add white glue to the rim of Jessie’s hat and sprinkle white glitter on top. Tap off the excess.
Now carefully squeeze glue following the squiggly line and add red glitter, shaking off the excess again. The final bit of glitter is on the belt buckle using gold.
You can add black glitter to the cow print too if you like. Leave everything to dry.
Just one more step which is sticking a loop of black string or ribbon to the back of the ornaments. Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Sleeping Beauty Christmas Ornament Craft
- Lady and the Tramp Paper Ornaments Craft
- Disney’s Frozen Elsa Christmas Ornament Craft
There are more Toy Story character ornaments on their way! Look out for Green Alien, Buzz Lightyear, and Woody.
Download Jessie Template
- Free Printable Toy Story Ornament Template – Jessie – A4 Size
- Free Printable Toy Story Ornament Template – Jessie– US Letter Size
Downloads open in new tab/window
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors: Yellow, Dark Yellow / Gold, White, Dark Blue, Red
- White, Red, Gold, and Black Fine Glitter (optional)
- Black String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the Jessie ornament template onto corresponding colored papers or cardstock (Link in the blog post). Print the page with the belt buckle on dark yellow, not yellow as listed. Cut out and set aside.
- Use the photos as a guide to which pieces go where, as there are several layers for this ornament. Layer first and then stick down with a glue stick.
- Start with the large white circle as the base, and stick the semi-circle dark yellow piece to the bottom, and the yellow piece with the squiggly line at the top. The white collar piece then goes on top of the yellow piece.
- Then add the blue piece at the bottom, followed by the cow-print piece.
- The hat goes at the top, with the ears evenly spaced on either side behind the hat.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue to the parts you want to add sparkle to and sprinkle the glitter over. Shake off the excess and leave to dry.
- Here are the glitter parts: white hat trim, red squiggly line, gold belt buckle, black cow print.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornaments so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Cowgirl Jessie ornament on your Christmas tree!
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!