This Alien Christmas Ornament Craft is made with construction paper and is so easy to assemble using a free printable template! Turn a classic Mickey-Head shape into a Toy Story Alien and hang the ornament on your Christmas tree!
This Disney • Pixar Toy Story craft is fun for all ages. Read on to find out how to make this awesome green Alien decoration!
This post is part of Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) – a series of festive recipes, crafts, printables, and more on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
Alien Christmas Ornament Craft
Oooooooooo… The Claw! Those words uttered by the green aliens in the first Toy Story movie (released way back in 1995 – how insane is that?!) are certainly iconic.
I love those cute little green men and I think this Alien Christmas ornament craft is perfect for Toy Story fans everywhere!
And there are plenty more Disney ornament crafts on their way to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, so make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (details below) so that you don’t miss the tutorials when they are released!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft.
I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors:
- Purple (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Neon Green (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- Black String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments if you wish
- Toy Story Alien Ornament Template – as with [most of] my free printables, this is available in two different sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). You’ll find the downloads below, surrounded by a purple box.
How To Make Toy Story Alien Ornaments
I’ve got several step-by-step photos to guide you through making this Alien ornament, and there is also a slideshow video over on my YouTube channel that you can watch and save to your Playlists for future reference. (Don’t forget to subscribe while you are there!)
Assembling your Toy Story ornament is really easy – here is how you do it!
Simply print the template onto the corresponding colored paper or card and cut the pieces out.
Alternatively, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored card, especially if you are worried that it won’t go through your printer. You will have to draw on some of the features (the pupils and mouth).
Use a glue stick to attach the blue piece to the body/face and stick the purple collar on top.
Space the eyes out across the top of the head and stick them down. Then stick the antennae at the middle top.
Finally, glue the ears in place evenly.
If you want to add glitter to your ornament – the option is up to you – apply white school glue to the purple collar and sprinkle over purple fine glitter. Add glue to the antennae and add green glitter. Shake off excess and leave to dry.
You can add glitter to whatever parts of the ornament that you like!
Just one more step which is sticking a loop of black string or ribbon to the back of the ornaments. Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Sleeping Beauty Christmas Ornament Craft
- Handmade Maleficent Ornament
- Lady and the Tramp Paper Ornaments Craft for Christmas
There are more Toy Story character ornaments on their way! Look out for Buzz Lightyear, Woody, and Jessie.
Download Alien Ornament Template
- Free Printable Toy Story Ornament Template – Green Alien – A4 Size
- Free Printable Toy Story Ornament Template – Green Alien – US Letter Size
Downloads open in new tab/window
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors: Lime Green, Blue, Purple, White
- Purple, and Green Fine Glitter (optional)
- Black String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the Alien ornament template onto corresponding colored papers or cardstock (Link in the blog post). Cut out and set aside.
- Using a glue stick attach the blue piece to the large green body/head piece and stick the purple collar on top.
- Glue the eyes in place, followed by the antennae in the middle of the head.
- Finally, space the ears out evenly and glue in place.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue to the antennae and sprinkle green glitter on top. Shake off the excess. Repeat this on the collar using purple glitter. Leave to dry.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornament so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Green Alien ornament on your Christmas tree!
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!