Lady and the Tramp is a beloved Disney movie and if you love these adorable dogs, then you simply must make this paper ornaments craft for your Christmas tree! They are made from construction paper and so easy to assemble using a free printable template of the cute canine couple in the classic Mickey-Head shape.
This Disney craft is fun for all ages – read on to find out how to make these awesome Lady and the Tramp Christmas decorations!
This post is part of the Create Christmas series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog – a celebration of everything Christmas and Winter. Now in its 8th year, the 2019 series is bigger and better, running from November through December 31st!
I have included links to some products that would be useful in this project.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a small commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases,
Lady and the Tramp Paper Ornaments Craft
Lady and the Tramp is such a classic Disney film, isn’t it? When the upper-middle-class American cocker spaniel named Lady meets a street-smart, stray schnauzer called Tramp, they embark on many adventures, including that iconic scene where they share a plate of spaghetti and meatballs in the alley outside Tony’s!
The 1995 animation has had a live-action remake for the launch of Disney+ (which I can’t view at the moment as it’s not yet available in the UK), so it feels right to be sharing these lovely Christmas ornaments inspired by Lady and the Tramp!
There are plenty more Disney ornament crafts on their way to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, so make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (details below) so that you don’t miss the tutorials when they are released!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft. I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors:
- Light Blue
- Dark Gray
- Light gray
- Red Orange
- Yellow Orange
- Gold or Dark Yellow
- Blue (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Red (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Gold (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- Black String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments if you wish
- Lady and the Tramp Ornament Template – as with [most of] my free printables, this is available in two different sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). You’ll find the downloads below, surrounded by a purple box.
I would love if you shared this post on social media – just use the buttons below!
Your shares are how The Purple Pumpkin Blog grows and I am sincerely grateful every time you share something. ♥
How To Make Lady and the Tramp Ornaments
I’ve got several step-by-step photos to guide you through making these Disney ornaments, and there is also a tutorial video over on my YouTube channel that you can watch and save to your Playlists for future reference. (Don’t forget to subscribe while you are there!)
Assembling Lady and the Tramp is really easy – here is how you do it!
Simply print the template onto the corresponding colored paper or card and cut the pieces out. The template has the pieces for both of the ornaments, so where it gives two colors, you need to print on both of these colors to make the pair of dogs.
If you want to make just Tramp, his colors are gray with a red collar. If you want o make just Lady, she has a blue collar and is red-orange, yellow-orange, and tan.
Alternatively, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored card, especially if you are worried that it won’t go through your printer. You may have to add some details back in such as the lines on the collar.
Space out the ears pieces evenly and use a glue stick to attach at them to the top (back) of the head.
Using the photos as a guide, stick the fur pieces, following by the collar and tag. Leave to dry.
If you want to add glitter to your ornament (the option is up to you) apply white school glue to the center of the tag and the line above it, then sprinkle with gold glitter. Shake off the excess.
Then add glue to the rest of the collar and use blue glitter for Lady and red glitter for Tramp. Shake off the excess and leave to dry.
Just one more step which is sticking a loop of black string or ribbon to the back of the ornaments. Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!Lady and the Tramp is a beloved Disney movie and if you love these adorable dogs, then you simply must make this paper ornaments craft for your Christmas tree! #Disney #Christmas #Crafts
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Disney’s Frozen Olaf Christmas Ornament Craft
- Disney’s Frozen Anna Christmas Ornament Craft
- Disney’s Frozen Elsa Christmas Ornament Craft
Download Lady and the Tramp Template
- Free Printable Disney Ornament Template – Lady and the Tramp – A4 Size
- Free Printable Disney Ornament Template – Lady and the Tramp – US Letter Size
Downloads open in new tab/window
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors: Light Blue, Dark Gray, Light Gray, Red, Red-Orange, Yellow-Orange, Tan, Gold or Dark Yellow
- Red, Blue, and Gold Fine Glitter (optional)
- Black String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the Lady and the Tramp ornament template onto corresponding colored papers or cardstock (Link in the blog post). Where two colors are listed, print on both colors. Cut all the pieces out.
- Space the ears evenly apart and stick behind the top of the head with a glue stick.
- Using the pictures as a guide, stick on the fur pieces, followed by the collar and tag pieces.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue to the parts you want to add sparkle to and sprinkle the glitter over. Shake off the excess and leave to dry. Add gold glitter to the middle of the tag and the loop. Add blue glitter to Lady's collar, and red glitter to Tramp's collar.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- You can add another large circle of the corresponding color to the back to cover your workings.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornaments so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Lady and the Tramp ornaments on your tree!
The Create Christmas series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and Winter! You can check out Create Christmas from 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!