This Olaf Christmas Ornament Craft is made with construction paper or cardstock and is so easy to assemble using a free printable template!
Turn a classic Mickey-Head shape into everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf and hang the ornament on your Christmas tree!
This Disney Frozen craft is fun for all ages. Read on to find out how to make this awesome Olaf decoration!
This post is part of Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) – a series of festive recipes, crafts, printables, and more on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
Olaf Christmas Ornament Craft
If your kids love the movie Frozen or the new Frozen 2 they are going to love making this Olaf Christmas ornament craft!
Once you’ve made Olaf, hang him up in your Christmas tree and then you can also make Princess Anna and Queen Elsa! (Coming soon!)
There are plenty more Disney ornament crafts on their way to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, so make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (details below) so that you don’t miss the tutorials when they are released!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft.
I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors:
- Orange (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- White (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Orange crayon, marker or pencil
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- Black String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments if you wish
- Olaf Ornament Template – as with [most of] my free printables, this is available in two different sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). You’ll find the downloads below, surrounded by a purple box.
How To Make Olaf Ornaments
I’ve got several step-by-step photos to guide you through making Frozen Olaf ornaments, and there is also a slideshow video over on my YouTube channel that you can watch and save to your Playlists for future reference. (Don’t forget to subscribe while you are there!)
Assembling your Olaf snowman ornament is really easy – here is how you do it!
Simply print the template onto the corresponding colored paper or card and cut the pieces out.
Alternatively, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored card, especially if you are worried that it won’t go through your printer. You will have to draw Olaf’s face on if you go this route.
Space out the ears pieces evenly and use a glue stick to attach behind the top of Olaf’s head.
Then color Olaf’s carrot nose in orange using a crayon, pencil, or marker pen.
Adding glitter to the Christmas ornament is optional. I think all Christmas decorations look better with glitter… but it’s your choice!
Add white school glue to Olaf’s Mickey ears and sprinkle over white fine glitter. Shake off the excess and leave to dry.
You can also add orange glitter in the same way to Olaf’s nose.
Just one more step which is sticking a loop of black string or ribbon to the back of the ornament. You can glue another head piece to the back to cover the workings.
Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
Download Olaf Ornament Template
- Free Printable Disney Ornament Template – Olaf – A4 Size
- Free Printable Disney Ornament Template – Olaf – US Letter Size
Downloads open in new tab/window
More Christmas Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Handmade Maleficent Ornament | Disney Paper Craft
- Easy No-Sew Felt Christmas Ornament Penguin + Free Printable Pattern
- Sally Skellington Ornament Craft
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors: White
- Orange, and White Fine Glitter (optional)
- Black String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Orange crayon, pencil, or marker pen
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the Olaf ornament template onto white paper or cardstock (Link in the blog post). Cut out and set aside.
- Space the ears evenly apart and stick behind the top of the head with a glue stick.
- Color Olaf's carrot nose with an orange crayon, pencil, or marker pen.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue to the ears and sprinkle white glitter. Shake off the excess and leave to dry. Repeat using orange glitter on the nose.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- Glue a head piece to the back to covering the workings.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornaments so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Olaf Christmas ornament on your tree!
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!