This Tissue Paper Christmas Wreath is a fun festive craft for all ages. It uses just a few basic craft supplies including a paper plate, ribbon, and tissue paper (of course!).
This post is part of the Create Christmas series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog – a celebration of everything Christmas and Winter. Now in its 8th year, the 2019 series is bigger and better, running from November through December 31st!
I have included links to some products that would be useful in this project.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a small commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases,
Tissue Paper Christmas Wreath
This craft reminds me of my childhood, as I remember making collages with scrunched up pieces of tissue paper as far back as when I was in nursery school!
It’s one of those simple crafts that all ages can enjoy – from kids through to seniors, and if you’re having a family crafternoon, add this tissue paper Christmas wreath to the crafts that you make.
Once you have a base layer of green tissue paper for the wreath, you can decorate it any way you like – with red tissue paper berries like I did; or with stickers, glitter glue, sequins, or foam shapes.
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft.
I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
If you’re enjoying this post, I would love if you shared this on social media – just use the buttons below!
Your shares are how The Purple Pumpkin Blog grows and I am sincerely grateful every time you share something. ♥
More Christmas Crafts
Here are some more fun Christmas crafts for you to make after this one!
- Pipe Cleaner & Pom Pom Reindeer Craft
- Button Star Ornament Craft
- Easy No-Sew Felt Christmas Ornament Penguin
I’ve shared lots of great craft ideas on The Purple Pumpkin Blog over the years, in fact, there are 100+ crafts to make and do at home that you can try.
- Paper plate
- Red ribbon
- Green tissue paper
- Red tissue paper
- White/PVA school glue
- Cut the center out from the paper plate - a job best left to the adults if small children are making this wreath.
- Tie the ribbon around the top of the plate. Leave about a 10cm/4" gap and tie another knot – this is your loop to hang the wreath. Cut off the excess ribbon and save it to tie a bow when the wreath is complete.
- Tear up small squares (about 3cm/1.5") of green tissue paper and scrunch them up loosely. They don't all have to be exactly the same size. If anything, different sizes, and wispy bits make the wreath look a bit more real!
- Apply glue to the front of the paper plate in sections, pressing each piece of scrunched up tissue paper in place. Continue all the way around, covering the ribbon too. Leave to dry for a couple of hours.
- Make some berries by rolling up some smaller pieces of red tissue paper into little balls. Apply to the green layer with glue and leave to dry.
- Tie a bow around the bottom of the hanging loop.
- You’re ready to hang up your wreath for all to see!
The Create Christmas series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and Winter! You can check out Create Christmas from 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!