This Woody Christmas Ornament Craft is made with construction paper and is so easy to assemble using a free printable template! Turn a classic Mickey-Head shape into Sheriff Woody’s outfit and hang the ornament on your Christmas tree!
This Disney • Pixar Toy Story craft is fun for all ages. Read on to find out how to make this awesome Woody decoration!
This post is part of the Create Christmas series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog – a celebration of everything Christmas and Winter. Now in its 8th year, the 2019 series is bigger and better, running from November through December 31st!
I have included links to some products that would be useful in this project.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a small commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases,
Woody Christmas Ornament Craft
If you love Toy Story, then you need to make this Sheriff Woody ornament for your Christmas tree! Make sure you write your name on the back so Woody knows that he has got a friend in you!
There are plenty more Disney ornament crafts on their way to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, so make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (details below) so that you don’t miss the tutorials when they are released!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft.
I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors:
- Gold (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- White (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Red (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- Black String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments if you wish
- Woody Ornament Template – as with [most of] my free printables, this is available in two different sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). You’ll find the downloads below, surrounded by a purple box.
I would love if you shared this post on social media – just use the buttons below!
Your shares are how The Purple Pumpkin Blog grows and I am sincerely grateful every time you share something. ♥
How To Make Sheriff Woody Ornaments
I’ve got several step-by-step photos to guide you through making these Disney ornaments, and there is also a slideshow video over on my YouTube channel that you can watch and save to your Playlists for future reference. (Don’t forget to subscribe while you are there!)
Assembling your Toy Story ornament is really easy – here is how you do it!
Simply print the template onto the corresponding colored paper or card and cut the pieces out. Print the page with the sheriff badge, belt, and buckle onto dark yellow, and not yellow as listed.
Alternatively, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored card, especially if you are worried that it won’t go through your printer. You will have to draw on some embellishments.
Using a glue stick, stick the blue piece onto the yellow body piece, and then the red neckerchief to the top.
Add white school glue to the pieces you want to add glitter to (glitter is optional, but highly recommended because: Christmas!) and sprinkle glitter on top. Shake off the excess and leave to dry.
Here are the glitter pieces as a guide (but you can add glitter where ever you like!):
red neckerchief, gold or white shirt buttons, gold belt buckle, black cow print, and gold sheriff badge.
Add the belt and buckle, and place the cow print pieces on either side of the neckerchief.
Add the Mickey ears to the top of the head, evenly spaced apart, and finish off with Woody’s cowboy hat and sheriff badge.
Just one more step which is sticking a loop of black string or ribbon to the back of the ornaments. Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Disney’s Frozen Elsa Christmas Ornament Craft
- Disney’s Frozen Olaf Christmas Ornament Craft
- Sleeping Beauty Christmas Ornament Craft
There are more Toy Story character ornaments on their way! Look out for Buzz Lightyear, Green Alien, and Jessie.
Download Woody Template
- Free Printable Toy Story Ornament Template – Sheriff Woody – A4 Size
- Free Printable Toy Story Ornament Template – Sheriff Woody – US Letter Size
Downloads open in new tab/window
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors: Dark Blue, Yellow, Dark Yellow, Red, Brown, White
- Gold, Red, and White Fine Glitter (optional)
- Black String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the Woody ornament template onto corresponding colored papers or cardstock (Link in the blog post). Print the page with the sheriff badge, belt, and buckle onto dark yellow, and not yellow as listed. Cut out and set aside.
- Use the photos as a guide to as there are several layered pieces. Place them first then stick them down with a glue stick.
- The blue piece goes at the bottom of the large yellow shirt piece, and the red neckerchief goes at the top.
- The belt and buckle goes over the blue pants and the cow print vest on either side of the neckerchief.
- Add the Mickey ears evenly at the top of the ornament.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue to the parts you want to add sparkle to and sprinkle the glitter over. Shake off the excess and leave to dry.
- Here are the parts to add glitter to, but you can add it to wherever you like!
- Red neckerchief, gold or white shirt buttons, gold belt buckle, gold sheriff badge, black cow print.
- When the glitter is all dried, glue Woody's cowboy hat in place.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornaments so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Woody ornament on your Christmas tree!
The Create Christmas series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and Winter! You can check out Create Christmas from 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!