Whether you are in a fresh, new relationship and want to savor every detail, or if you have been married for years and hope to continue or indeed re-ignite the spark, this Free Printable Couples Journal is the perfect way to connect with your partner and truly get to know one another.
If you enjoy printable journals, make sure you check out the ones available in my shop – Purple Pumpkin Printables
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Free Printable Couples Journal
Looking for something fun and interactive to do with your partner for Valentine’s Day? This free printable couples journal is perfect!
Provided with guided prompts, this journal will help you get to know your partner better while having some fun. Print it out and get started today!
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
Who is the journal for?
Absolutely any couple, at any stage of their relationship. It is a fabulous and innovative way to build solid communication foundations for new couples or a thoughtful and empathetic way to reconnect those in longer-term relationships.
What does the journal do?
The free printable couples journal offers you and your partner the ultimate opportunity to take time out from your busy and often hectic lives, to dedicate to each other.
Each carefully thought out page of the journal is a new way to engage with one another, to learn so much about each other, and to note down special memories that you share.
These precious memories may otherwise become vague over time or even be forgotten completely.
How can it help us?
The hustle and bustle of day-to-day life does not make cultivating a relationship easy, but this free printable journal for couples gives you the opportunity to put time aside each week to sit together and chat about what to write about in the next thought provoking subject of the journal.
You could even make this journaling time extra special. Perhaps discuss it over a romantic picnic in your favourite place, over dinner at a special restaurant, or during a walk along the beach.
The key is to make this time about the two of you.
A large percentage of relationships that break down do so due to partners growing apart. Marriages and relationships need constant work and attention to thrive, and this couple’s journal costs nothing except a bit of time and effort.
This free printable journal is also a great way to get to know more about each other.
Certain topics may be introduced that you wouldn’t normally discuss but that really shows a different and fascinating side to your partner that you never knew was there!
In turn, it also gives you the opportunity to share thoughts and feelings that perhaps you wouldn’t under normal day-to-day circumstances.
What else is in the journal?
As you progress through the journal you will find 10 prompts to get you started, and beautiful and inspiring quotes, each providing excellent “ice breaker” opportunities for your journaling sessions as you can discuss how each quote makes you feel as an individual.
The whole process is about connecting with each other and validating your partner’s thoughts and feelings, and of course them in turn, validating yours.
You will also find plenty of blank pages, which you can fill with information personal to your relationship.
These can include things you would both like to work on and improve, your hopes and dreams for the future, both personal and shared, and of course any lovely, entertaining, or special moments or memories that you would like immortalized in your journal.
You’ll be amazed how good you feel as well as how your relationship improves when the lines of communication are open and positive.
How do I use the couples journal?
- Download the free printable file to your device – you’ll find the link a little further down the page in a purple box.
- Using a printer, simply print as many of the couples journal as you need onto white paper.
- The pages are not numbered so you can organize them in any order that you like, and print off as many of each pages as you like too. (That’s the beauty of printable journals!)
- Once printed, you can keep the sheets loose, punch holes and keep them in a ring binder, or create your own book and use a binding machine to secure the pages together. They’re pretty inexpensive, and if you print a lot of your journal pages, the machine ends up paying for itself!
- You can create a book with one person journaling on the left side and the other on the right.
- You can each take a part of a single page collectively write with different colored pens.
- To make your journal even more special, add photos, tickets, receipts, poems, cards and other items that you want to remember.
- Read through the first page of the journal as it gives you a quick guide on how to use it to is potential (you may even think of things we haven’t!)
Download Free Printable Couples Journal
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for more awesome printables and products!
More Valentine’s Day Printables
Looking for other Valentine printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Animals Coloring Sheets
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Book
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Word Scramble
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Word Search
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Mazes
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!