Surprise and delight the Disney enthusiast in your life by making these Mickey Mouse Valentine’s Day Cookies. What could be more romantic than Mickey Mouse-shaped sugar cookies drizzled with icing and sprinkles? Love must be in the air!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mickey Mouse Valentine’s Day Cookies
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I have the perfect cookie recipe for you!
These Mickey Mouse sugar cookies are baked with sprinkles in the cookie dough, then topped with icing and more sprinkles!
They are so festive and fun, perfect for your sweetheart!
Plus, they are really easy to make so don’t worry if you’re not a baking pro. Ready to get started? Let’s go!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It may not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Dairy – Unsalted Butter, Whole Milk
- Pure Vanilla Extract – always buy good vanilla as it really does make a flavor difference.
- All-Purpose Flour – also known as Plain Flour.
- Wilton Valentine’s Day Nonpareils
- Powdered Sugar – also known as Icing Sugar or Confectioners Sugar.
- Clear Vanilla Extract
- Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter – these cookies were cut with a 2-inch cutter
- Disposable Piping Bag
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Cookie Recipes
Want to make more cookies? Here are some recipes for you:
- Decorated Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies
- Iced Cherry Almond Cookies
- Jungle Cruise Cookies – Chocolate Coconut Cookies with Macadamia Nuts
More Disney Recipes
Looking for more Disney-themed to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Mickey & Minnie Hot Cocoa Bombs for Disney Lovers!
- Make Awesome Cookies & Cream Mickey Mouse Milkshakes!
- Mickey Mouse Pretzel Rods – A Fun Disney Snack!
How Do I Make Mickey Mouse Valentine’s Day Cookies?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
For the Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup Valentine’s Day nonpareils
- 1 (2") Mickey Mouse cookie cutter
For the Icing
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 3-5 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp clear vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp Valentine’s Day nonpareils
- 1 disposable piping bag
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 and line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the butter, sugar, and almond extract into a large bowl and beat until creamy.
- Sift or whisk the flour and salt into a bowl to combine.
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until a dough forms.
- Mix in the ¼ cup of Valentine’s Day sprinkles into the dough.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll the dough into ¼"/½cm thick rectangle.
- Use a 2-inch Mickey Mouse cookie cutter to cut out 36 Mickey-shaped cookies. Re-roll dough as required.
- Place the Mickey Mouse cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- Whisk the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla together in a small bowl until combined and smooth.
- Spoon the icing into a piping bag and cut the tip off the end.
- Drizzle lines of the icing across the cookies.
- Sprinkle the nonpareils on top and allow the icing to harden before enjoying!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Special Dinner!
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a special meal or dinner party:
- Appetizer: Strawberry Caprese Skewers Appetizer
- Soup: Instant Pot Creamy Asparagus Soup Recipe
- Salad: Roasted Fennel and Grapefruit Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Main Dish: Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Recipe in 30 Minutes
- Side Dish: Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
- Beverage: Lemon Herb Vodka Spritzer
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.