Adding fruit to classic salads is an underrated technique that should be adopted by cooks everywhere! This beautiful Strawberry Feta Salad provides a stunning combination of flavors that takes your traditional salad dish to another level. The simple ingredients include romaine, arugula, strawberries, Feta, and pecans all delicately drizzled with a reduced balsamic vinegar glaze.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Strawberry Feta Salad
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading all the way through for any tips or substitute suggestions, to ensure that you have any specialized ingredients and equipment required and that you understand the steps and timings involved.
If you enjoy trying new salad combinations, you simply have to try this Strawberry Feta Salad! It works perfectly as a light lunch, as an appetizer/starter for a dinner party, or as a side dish.
The combination of fresh, sweet strawberries and a rich balsamic glaze gives this light and refreshing salad an almost dessert-like quality. However, the peppery arugula and the salty Feta cheese balance out the sweetness, while the pecans add a satisfying crunch.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Romaine Lettuce, Arugula (Rocket), Strawberries.
- Dairy – Feta Cheese.
- Pecan Halves
- Balsamic Vinegar
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Strawberries
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is strawberries, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
- Strawberry Caprese Skewers Appetizer
- Chicken Strawberry Salad with Feta and Pecans & Homemade Dressing
More Salad Recipes
Looking for more salads to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
- Niçoise Salad with Seared Ahi Tuna, Green Beans, Eggs, & Potatoes
- Fresh & Fruity Rice Salad (Empire Rice Salad) – A Real Crowd-Pleaser!
How Do I Make Strawberry Feta Salad?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 1-pint (350g) fresh strawberries, trimmed and quartered
- 3 oz (85g) Feta cheese
- ½ cup pecan halves
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Add the Romaine lettuce, arugula, strawberries, Feta cheese and pecans to a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and drizzle with the olive oil. Gently toss to combine and set aside.
- To make the balsamic glaze, heat the balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring continually, until the liquid is reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly before drizzling over the salad. Transfer the salad to individual salad bowls and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 4gSugar: 16gProtein: 6g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
This salad would work as a light main dish, as a side dish, or even as a starter before a meal.
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Soup: Gluten-Free Gazpacho Recipe with Chickpea “Croutons”
- Main Dish: Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken Breasts with Sweet Potato & Broccoli
- Beverage: Fresh Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade – Summer Mocktail or Cocktail Mixer!
- Dessert: Classic Carrot Cake Recipe with Chopped Pecans
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.