Wow, your friends at your gatherings and get-togethers this summer by serving this imaginative and edgy Lemon Herb Vodka Spritzer. Combine lemon, mint, basil, thyme, ginger, sparkling water, and vodka to create this funky beverage. Simply leave out the vodka for the drivers or non-drinkers in the group to create a herbaceous lemony mocktail.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Lemon Herb Vodka Spritzer
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading all the way through for any tips or substitute suggestions, to ensure that you have any specialized ingredients and equipment required and that you understand the steps and timings involved.
This refreshing spritzer is full of fantastic flavors, including lemon, fresh herbs, and ginger. Its bright fruity flavor pairs perfectly with the warm earthiness of the culinary herbs and freshly grated ginger for a truly interesting combination. One taste and this is sure to become a new warm-weather favorite!
We’ve paired the herby lemonade with vodka in this summer cocktail, but you could also try it with gin or even a dry white wine.
Ingredients Used In This Cocktail
For your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe to Amazon below.
- Fresh Produce – Lemons, Mint, Basil, Thyme, Ginger
- Honey – buy local if you can
- Sparkling Water
- Vodka – use your preferred brand
More Vodka Cocktails To Make
Want to make more vodka cocktails? I think you’re going to love these ones:
- Refreshing Watermelon Vodka Slush Cocktail with Lime
- Skittles Vodka Cocktail + How To Infuse Vodka with Skittles Candy
- Cinnamon & Cumin-Infused Cranberry Vodka Spritzer Cocktail
Lemon Herb Vodka Spritzer Variations
I like to try and give variations on the cocktails shared on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, like how to turn the cocktail into a mocktail so that non-drinkers (and kids if suitable) can enjoy the drink too!
Virgin Lemon Herb Spritzer Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
So that non-drinkers can enjoy a Lemon Herb Spritzer, all you need to do is leave out the vodka! Simple!
Frozen Lemon Herb Vodka Spritzer
Want to turn this vodka spritzer into a frozen slushie? Easy! Put the prepared cocktail in a blender with a generous amount of crushed ice – then blend till smooth. Serve with a straw, and watch out for brain freeze! You could do the same with the mocktail version too.
Lemon Herb Vodka Spritzers For a Crowd!
Want to make a big batch of Lemon Herb Vodka Spritzer for a party or gathering? It’s so easy!
The recipe serves four, so simply double, triple, quadruple, or more, the original measurements to get exactly how much you need!
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence. Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make Lemon Herb Vodka Spritzer?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, any pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- 2 Tbsp honey, preferably local
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, washed and torn into pieces
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, washed and torn into pieces
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest, preferably organic
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 tsp ginger, finely minced
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 4 oz vodka
- Add honey and water to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until honey dissolves.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5-10 minutes before pouring into a pitcher. Add fresh lemon juice, fresh herbs, ginger, and lemon slices.
- Add vodka, and stir gently to combine.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill. for 1-2 hours.
- Immediately before serving, pour sparkling water into the pitcher and stir to combine. Pour into glasses filled with ice and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- For a non-alcoholic version, omit the vodka.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
The beverage is covered, but what about other dishes to make this recipe into a full meal? Here are my suggestions!
- Appetizer: Garlic Parmesan Shrimp with Roasted Garlic Dip
- Main Dish: 5-Ingredient Herb Mustard Sirloin Steak Recipe
- Side Dish: Roasted Artichoke and White Bean Salad with Swiss Chard
- Dessert: 5-Ingredient Baked Balsamic Peaches with Maple Whipped Cream
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.