Savory appetizers are the perfect way to start off a delicious meal and these Garlic Parmesan Shrimp with a roasted garlic dip are full of flavor and made for sharing! You may not be able to go out to eat with your significant other, but you can create a 3-course meal to enjoy at home – the best part is, no reservations are required!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
So a date-night at a restaurant may be off the cards at the moment, but there is absolutely no reason why you can’t recreate a restaurant-style meal at home!
Lay the table, light the candles, dim the lights, and start your dinner with this garlic Parmesan shrimp appetizer.
The shrimp themselves are full of wonderful flavors, but the real breakout star is the versatile roasted garlic dip which is made with a whole bulb of garlic.
The easy dip is delicious as written in the recipe card, or it can be customized with your favorite herbs and spices, such as dill or parsley, to create a variety of flavor combinations.
Try it with fresh vegetables, as a tasty sandwich spread, or stir some into your favorite creamy soups or mashed potatoes for an extra pop of flavor.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
For your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online. The full list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Ground Cumin
- Cayenne Pepper – optional if you want a spicy kick to your shrimp.
- Dijon Mustard
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog! I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Shrimp
One of the hero ingredients in this recipe is shrimp, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Gluten-Free Baked Coconut Shrimp with Avocado-Lime Dip
- Cornflake + Coconut Shrimp
- Shrimp Slaw Sandwich with Garlic Lemon Aioli
More Appetizer Recipes
Looking for more appetizer inspo? Check these recipes out next:
- Lemon-Pepper Baked Chicken Wings
- Chinese Boiled Pork Dumplings
- Savory Puff Pastry Bites with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
How Do I Make Garlic Parmesan Shrimp?
Just check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients, instructions, and demonstration photos.
For the Roasted Garlic Dip
- 1 large garlic head
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp organic lemon zest
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Shrimp
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the roasted garlic dip, slice a thin sliver from the head of garlic, just enough so the cloves are exposed. Drizzle the cloves with olive oil and place the whole bulb on a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap tightly.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and roast for 40 minutes, or until the garlic is tender and creamy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- While the garlic is cooling, prepare the shrimp seasoning by combining the olive oil, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, ground cumin, and grated Parmesan cheese in a large glass or another non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add shrimp to the bowl and toss to combine. Transfer the seasoned shrimp to the prepared baking sheet and place in preheated oven to roast for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the shrimp are just firm and pink. Do not overcook.
- While the shrimp is roasting, squeeze roasted garlic cloves into a blender or food processor.
- Add sour cream, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, ground cumin, and cayenne pepper, if using, and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to a small serving bowl.
- Remove shrimp from the oven and sprinkle with lemon juice and fresh parsley.
- Toss to combine when just cool enough to handle.
- Serve immediately with the creamy roasted garlic dip. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the appetizer, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Main Dish: Super Easy Atlantic Cod with Garlic-Herb Butter
- Side Dish: Mashed Potatoes
- Side Vegetable: Simple Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Beverage: Watermelon Moscato Slushie Cocktail
- Dessert: Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!