This DIY Valentine’s Day Candle Craft is a gorgeous gift to make and give to a loved one or even to make as decor for your home. Using inexpensive materials this pretty (battery-operated) candle can be made in just 15 minutes!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Valentine’s Day Candle Craft
The full list of materials, tools, and instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through before starting this project to ensure that you have everything required and understand the steps and timings involved.
If you love to make homemade gifts this Valentine’s Day Candle Craft could be one for you!
It is a super simple craft that takes just 15 minutes, and suitable for even the most novice of crafters!
If you’re in the USA, the supplies can be bought at your local Dollar Store, and if you’re in the UK, it’s worth checking out the Pound shops for cheap craft supplies.
For safety, the candle is battery-operated, and if there is more than one candle in a pack, you could make several different designs using different ribbons and embellishments.
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
For your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized materials and tools needed for this craft to Amazon below. The full list of supplies, which may include basic crafting items that you already have can be found in the tutorial card at the end of this post.
- Battery Operated Pillar Candle
- Love-themed Stickers – or paper/cardstock embellishments.
- Red Gingham Ribbon
- Burlap Ribbon
Ultimately, what you use to decorate your candle doesn’t matter too much – use our tutorial as a starting guide! If you can’t find red ribbon, use pink; if you can’t find the same stickers, use different ones, or make your own embellishments using craft supplies you have to hand.
More Valentine’s Day Crafts
Here are some more for you to try for Valentine’s Day:
- How To Make a Heart-Shaped Deco Mesh Valentine Wreath
- How To Make Strawberry Sugar Scrub
- Make these cute Love Bear Cards for Valentine’s Day!
I’ve shared lots of great craft ideas on The Purple Pumpkin Blog over the years, in fact, there are 100+ crafts to make and do at home that you can try.
How Do I Make a Valentine’s Day Candle?
Just check out the how-to card below with full materials, tools, instructions and demonstration photos. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- Hot glue gun
- Wrap burlap ribbon around the center of the candle and hot glue into place.
- Wrap gingham ribbon around the center of the burlap ribbon and hot glue into place.
- Hot glue or use stickers' adhesive to center large decorative Valentine sticker to the center of the burlap and ribbon.
- Wrap twine 4-5 times around the top of the candle and again at the bottom of the candle. Tie in knots and trim.
- Add to your holiday décor or give as a gift for Valentine's Day!