These Slimming World Recipes are not only delicious but perfect to enjoy when you are Food Optimising!
With recipes from curries and stir-fries, comfort foods and family-favourites, to slow cooker recipes, traybakes, and desserts, there are plenty of Slimming World friendly recipes here to keep you on track!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Slimming World Recipes
If you are one of the many people following the Slimming World (SW) plan and looking for some meal-time inspiration then you’ve come to the right place!
Before I get into the recipes, here is some handy information for you.
Slimming World recipes are not the only ones I have on my blog, there are 500+ Recipes here – not all of my recipes are SW friendly – just the ones marked as such.
Links to the various recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog will open the same window/tab, so to reach this page again, just hit the back button on your browser.
There will be times when you need to (or want to!) go off plan for a party or celebration, for example, so don’t feel guilty, just count the Syns – even if you go over, enjoy yourself and get back on track the next day.
If you are looking for a specific recipe, please use the search function below. If you can’t find what you are searching for, then please do contact me as I take all reader suggestions on board!
I will be adding to this list of Slimming World recipes over time. So that you can always find them, save and share this post on your favourite social media accounts!
Slimming World Curries
If ordering an Indian takeaway on a Saturday night was a go-to for you before you started the SW plan, you might be missing your favourite curries.
You are not alone. We love curry! And because of that, we have had to find alternative ways of preparing them so that they are Extra Easy and suitable for SW.
This generally means removing the fat (ghee or oil) from a curry recipe. These curries don’t taste exactly the same as their original counterparts…BUT they are a great substitute and we really enjoy them.
Make an onion salad with finely chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, and coriander and enjoy on the side with a poppadom or two! (Sharwood’s Ready to Eat Poppadoms Plain 8 pack, 9g each are 2 Syns each at the time of writing).
- If you enjoy Indian flavours then you are going to love this Keema Matar Pie with a Bombay Potato topping.
- This Slimming World Chicken Tikka Biryani with mango is cooked in one pan and tastes so good!
- I tweaked this Extra Easy Chicken Tikka & Aubergine Rice Pilaf to make it quicker to cook. The chicken is marinated in a spiced yogurt that makes it so tender and is one of those awesome Slimming World chicken recipes with rice that I think everyone should make!
- Make this Slimming World Chicken Curry when you are missing your favourite Chicken Tikka Masala from the Indian takeaway!
- Recipes that I can cook in one dish like this One Pan Chicken Curry Traybake save on washing up and I can just bung it in the oven and forget about it!
- This recipe for Chicken Balti uses a curry paste, but the Syns are minimal per portion (just ½ Syn).
- Chicken Jalfrezi is a spicy curry and this low-fat version tastes great. It is a recipe I tweaked and works out to be 1 Syn per portion.
Chinese Slimming World Recipes
If like me, you love a Chinese at the weekend you might be missing your favourite dishes. Let’s face it, Chinese food from the local takeaway is sky-high in Syns but it doesn’t have to be when you cook them the SW way!
- This recipe for Chinese-Style Pulled Pork is a delicious Asian twist on a barbecue classic and is so easy to make.
- A twist on duck and pancakes – Hoisin Duck Stir-Fry with Vegetables.
- This Sweet and Sour Chicken is a Slimming World friendly version of a Chinese takeaway classic.
- Kung Pao Chicken is a spicy stir-fry and tastes so good. Serve it with rice or noodles.
- This Chinese Chicken Stir-Fry Soup was created when I had the ingredients for a stir-fry, but didn’t fancy a stir-fry! So easy to make too.
- I did make a Chicken & Vegetable Stir Fry to share with you too. Another FREE recipe when Food Optimising.
Slimming World Traybakes & One-Pan Recipes
I love traybakes and one-pan cooking – it usually means less fuss, less mess, and less washing up!
Many one-pan recipes mean throwing everything into/onto a roasting tin; baking tray; sheet pan; skillet; cooking pot; casserole dish; dutch oven; instant pot; slow cooker (delete as appropriate!) and doing its thing.
One-pan cooking means you can usually just forget about it until the cooking time is over (with maybe a stir or adding additional ingredients midway through cooking).
- You can make this Slow Cooker Sausage Stew with Roasted Peppers & Chickpeas in the slow cooker, oven, or on the stovetop – it’s a delicious and comforting dish for the whole family.
- This One Pan Chicken and Vegetables is such a simple recipe and one that I didn’t originally make as a Slimming World recipe, but it totally is as I used skinless chicken thighs and FryLight instead of oil. You could use skinless, boneless chicken breasts if you prefer.
- One Pan Chicken & Chorizo Traybake is a real treat and tastes so good. But you have to count the Syns in the chorizo. Per serving, this chicken traybake is 3½ Syns, but you could reduce this by using less chorizo.
- This Hungarian Chicken Stew is not originally a Slimming World recipe, but simple tweaks have made it completely FREE by using FryLight instead of olive oil and replacing the sour cream with fat-free fromage frais, natural yogurt or Greek yogurt.
Slimming World Food Diary Printable
If you follow Slimming World, you will know that one of the crucial things to your success is keeping a Slimming World Food Diary.
Tracking what you eat at each meal, along with your Healthy Extras, and Syns means you can monitor when things go well – and when they don’t – so can figure out how to improve next time.
I’ve got a free printable Slimming World Food Diary & Meal Planner here which now includes a diary for Extra Easy SP.
Slimming World Beef & Mince Recipes
- Enjoy the flavors of South America with this Brazilian Churrasco Beef served with a Tomato and Sweetcorn Salad and an Aji Sauce made with fresh herbs and chilies.
- This recipe for Italian Meatball Soup with cannellini beans, pasta, and homemade beef meatballs, is a comforting and very filling bowl of yumminess!
- This hearty Cowboy Pie recipe is made with beef, veggies, and baked beans, and topped with a herby potato mash.
- This Steak Fajita Salad with Black Beans is a delicious twist on a Tex-Mex classic.
- Chilli Con Carne is a classic, family favourite recipe, and this Slimming World version is FREE when Food Optimising!
- This Beef & Bean Hotpot Bake is firmly in the comfort food category.
- By switching the regular bechamel topping for a fat-free yogurt and egg topping means that this Slimming World Beef Lasagne is FREE (but adds 6 Syns if you don’t use the Cheese as a Healthy Extra).
- My family recipe for Greek Cypriot Stuffed Vegetables has been made FREE by switching out olive oil for FryLight. Enjoy it with a salad on the side.
Slimming World Chicken Recipes
I actually have a whole post with Slimming World Chicken Recipes, so if you want just recipes using chicken, then save that post! But I’m also including them in this post too!
- You are going to love this Slimming World Paella Recipe! The Spanish-inspired dish is made with chicken and chorizo and is just 3 Syns per portion.
- This recipe for Chicken Parmigiana & Spaghetti Bake is a Slimming World Friendly version of a classic Italian-American dish.
- Enjoy the delicious flavors of Southern India with this Keralan Chicken Curry.
- This Slimming World Southern-Style Chicken is marinated with herbs and spices and baked-not-fried – making it perfect when you are Food Optimising.
- Simple and delicious Chicken and Vegetable Traybake – it’s FREE and Extra Easy SP too!
- This Slimming World Jambalaya is an easy recipe cooked in one pot and filled with tons of smokey flavours from the Deep South.
- Homemade is best made, and these Slimming World Chicken Nuggets are just 1½ Syns per portion.
- These Lemon Herb Chicken Drumsticks with Smoky-Bacon Greens are delicious and simple and is an Extra Easy SP recipe too.
- Make Cajun Chicken and serve with your choice of Syn-free sides like couscous, rice, and salad.
- This recipe for Lemon and Thyme Chicken Skewers is an oldie on my blog! It uses chicken breast mini fillets, but if you can’t find those, just cut chicken breasts into strips to thread onto skewers.
- Slow Cooker Chili Chicken & Pumpkin Stew is a comforting dish that doesn’t take long to prep at all.
- This Cumin & Cinnamon Couscous with Chicken & Vegetables is quick and easy to make using leftover chicken. Tastes great and is completely FREE when Food Optimising.
- My Leftover Roast Chicken Crustless Mini Quiches recipe is not marked as Slimming World friendly. But I made a quick tweak to the recipe and ta-da, the whole pan is Syn free if you use the Cheddar as a Healthy Extra A. All is explained in the notes section of the recipe.
- I made this Chicken, Spinach + Tomato Hash when I used to do Paleo (yes, I’ve done ALL the diets!) but just swap with the olive oil with FryLight and this recipe is another great option for a SW lunch.
Slimming World Lamb Recipes
- If you enjoy strong bold flavors then this Moroccan Lamb Salad is one for you! It really does pack a flavor punch – and a kick of spice too!
- Youvetsi – Greek Lamb Orzo with Feta is made in one pan, and is really tasty too.
- If you are looking for another slow cooker recipe, why not try these Italian Style Lamb Shanks?
Slimming World Pork Recipes
- Try this Sausage & Bean Bake, which is filled with sausages, bacon, and butter beans in a tomato sauce and topped with potato.
- This Mexican Pork Stew with black beans and vegetables is packed with smoky spicy flavours.
- This recipe for Sausage Minestrone Soup is hearty, filling, and inexpensive to make. It’s a recipe that can easily be tweaked to what you have in your pantry too.
- These low carb Egg and Pork Cups (or you could call them Egg & Pork Pies!) are a tasty make-ahead dish that can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- Bring the Caribbean to your dinner plate with this Easy Jerk Pork, Rice & Peas and Pineapple Salsa.
- This Slimming World Pulled Pork recipe tastes so good and is so easy to make!
Slimming World Fish Recipes
Not many recipes in this category I’m afraid to say, but the recipe I do have is a popular one here on The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Slimming World Fish Pie – made with Philidelphia, but you could use Quark for a FREE version.
Other Slimming World Recipes
These recipes don’t quite have a category to fit into just yet or are not “official” recipes but I’ve made them SW friendly. I’m popping them below so you can find them easily.
- This Chicken and Bacon Risotto is so simple and satisfying to make and is ready in under 40 minutes.
- This Ham & Two Bean Salad is delicious and totally FREE!
- A simple Ham, Tomato & Mushroom Omelette is FREE when Food Optimising.
Slimming World Desserts
Another short category, mainly because I tend to just have fruit and some fat-free Greek yogurt. But I will be trying out some more dessert recipes!
- Apple Betty is a baked dessert, and since I initially shared it Mullerlight yogurts are no longer free (BOO!). So you will need to Syn count that now.
I hope you have found a Slimming World recipe here to tickle your taste buds. There are lots more on their way, so do check back from time to time to try something new!
Disclosure: I am not affiliated with Slimming World in any way other than being an ex-member. This recipe may have been adapted from a Slimming World magazine or book. If you are reading this blog post or printing this recipe, the chances are you already follow SW and know all the ins and outs of how it works. Please check with your consultant, in your member pack, or online at Slimming World’s website for full and up-to-date details about the plan, as it may be updated from time to time in line with the latest nutritional information. I am not a doctor or dietician or providing medical advice and hold no responsibility for the complete accuracy of calorie counts and nutritional information, and where applicable, Syns in Slimming World-friendly recipes. I advise you to check your own resources if you are using recipes to lose weight. All weight-loss programs should be followed on advice from a doctor.