If you love one-pan recipes then you will love this Roast Chicken and Vegetable Traybake! It’s such a simple dish to make and is totally customizable to your tastes. Use your favorite veggies, or switch up the herbs and spices for different flavors every time you make it! It’s FREE on Slimming World and is perfect for the whole family to enjoy too!
I’ve got lots of great Slimming World Chicken Recipes for you to enjoy – right-click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Chicken and Vegetable Traybake
When you want to make a quick and simple dinner, I don’t think you can go too wrong with a one-pan recipe.
I love recipes that can be prepared and cooked in one pan. I love how easy they are to prepare – being able to toss all the ingredients into/onto a sheet pan/baking tray/casserole dish/skillet – and cooking all at once, means minimal prep time, and minimal messing around in the kitchen.
It also means less washing up, which is marvelous if you are old school like us and don’t have a dishwasher!
For this recipe, it is as simple as tossing some cuts of chicken and vegetables into a baking tray (or sheet pan or casserole dish – whatever you have that is ovenproof!) and adding some herbs and spices before placing in the oven to cook.
You can add sides if you want too, but the beauty of one-pan recipes is that you don’t have to because the whole meal is ready in the one pan.
Yes, this is another Slimming World friendly recipe, but it is also a great one for the whole family to enjoy together too.
This chicken and vegetable traybake recipe serves 4 and is Free when Food Optimising on Slimming World.
This recipe (in its original form as listed in the recipe card) is also Extra Easy SP.
About Slimming World
Slimming World’s Food Optimising plan is a healthy, flexible approach, based on everyday foods, to help people lose weight without ever going hungry. It’s a practical, family-friendly plan that fits easily into everyday life and doesn’t require complex weighing and measuring or obsessive calorie counting. – Slimming World
Disclosure: I am not affiliated with Slimming World in any way other than being a member and following their Food Optimising plan.
If you are reading this blog post or printing this recipe (which you’ll find at the end of this post) the chances are you already follow SW and know all the ins-and-outs of how it works. Please check with your consultant, in your member pack, or online at Slimming World’s website for full details about the plan.
I am not a doctor or dietician, or providing medical advice and hold no responsibility for the complete accuracy of calorie counts and nutritional information. And where applicable, Syns in Slimming World friendly recipes. I advise you to check your own resources if you are using recipes to lose weight. All weight-loss programs should be followed on advice from a doctor.
Slimming World Food Diary Printable
If you follow Slimming World, you will know that one of the crucial things to your success is keeping a Slimming World Food Diary.
Tracking what you eat at each meal, along with your Healthy Extras, and Syns means you can monitor when things go well – and when they don’t – so can figure out how to improve next time.
I’ve got a free printable Slimming World Food Diary & Meal Planner here which now includes a diary for Extra Easy SP.
More Slimming World Friendly Recipes
Want a few Slimming World recipes to try next? Here are some of my favourites:
- Slimming World Chicken Nuggets
- Slimming World Jambalaya Recipe
- Cowboy Pie Recipe – Slimming World Friendly!
I’ve got lots of great Slimming World Recipes for you to enjoy – right-click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one.
Know someone who is following Slimming World and would love to try this recipe? Why not forward it onto them by email or WhatsApp?
- This recipe uses chicken legs which is the thigh and drumstick still attached to each other.
- You could use different cuts of chicken – just the thighs or just the drumsticks, or even joint a whole chicken and use that.
- If you are following Slimming World, however, make sure that the chicken is skinless and has any visible fat removed to make it FREE.
- This is the kind of chicken recipe that you can adapt quite easily using a variety of different vegetables, and herbs and spices.
- However, if you are making this as an Extra Easy SP meal on SW, then make sure that the vegetables you use are Speed Free Food (check your member pack for the up-to-date free food list).
- This dish is a mixture of roasting and steaming which helps to keep the chicken nice and moist and also helps to cook the vegetables too.
- I used butternut squash, bell peppers, red onions, and courgettes/zucchini and a chili spice mix – Santa Maria Chili Explosion which is available online and in Tesco too.
- But you could just use some salt and red chili flakes instead.
- Or you could use your favourite herbs and spices!
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and chopped - any colour you prefer
- 4 red onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 courgettes/zucchini, thickly sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless chicken legs*
- Santa Maria Chili Explosion**
- 1 chicken stock cube crumbled into
- 200ml hot water
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Place the squash, peppers, onions, courgettes, and garlic into a large roasting pan. Spray with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Toss together.
- Place the chicken legs in and around the vegetables in the pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken with the Chili Explosion spice mix and salt and black pepper - use to your personal preference.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pan and roast for 40-60 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
*Or you could use 4 skinless chicken thighs and 4 skinless chicken drumsticks if you prefer.
**if you can't find the Santa Maria Chili Explosion mix you can use regular dried chili flakes instead.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 621Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 282mgSodium: 864mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 6gSugar: 12gProtein: 63g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes.