Here is the first of my Slimming World recipes. I prepared and ate this for lunch yesterday. I flavoured cous cous with some herbs and spices and added some veggies and left over chicken. A very quick and easy lunch and best of all – it’s all free food!
I’ve got more 50+ Easy Chicken Recipes for you to enjoy – right click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
- dried couscous
- chicken or vegetable stock cube
- dried mint
- dried chilli flakes
- ground cumin
- ground cinnamon
- frozen peas
- cherry plum tomatoes, chopped
- cooked chicken, diced
- spring onions, sliced
- lemon juice (optional)
- Place the couscous in a bowl and crumble in the stock cube and herbs and spices to your liking.
- Add the frozen peas and then pour enough boiling water to just cover the couscous mixture. Stir.
- Place a lid on the bowl (or cover with clingwrap) and leave to steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Uncover the couscous and if all the liquid has been absorbed, fluff up with a fork and stir in the tomatoes, chicken and spring onions.
- Serve warm or cold and add a squeeze of lemon juice if you wish.
Disclaimer: Please remember, I’m not a dietitian I follow and tweak recipes, or create my own. Calorie counts (if applicable) are worked out using resources online. Always check with your doctor before going on any weight loss programme.