I’ve mentioned on my blog before, my love for tray bakes…one pot cooking is just awesome because you just throw it all in and forget about it.
I made this very tasty Chicken & Chorizo Tray Bake for dinner last week and we yummed it up!
I’ve got more 50+ Easy Chicken Recipes for you to enjoy – right click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
I’m a herb and spice queen and seem to have every type there ever was in my kitchen cupboards, so for me, the only extra thing I had to worry about buying for this recipe was the chorizo. I bought tiny little chorizo sausages, which I cut in half lengthways and put in the dish. You can buy ready prepared pieces, or a bigger chorizo that you can slice up. The other speciality ingredients, (and I use that term in the loosest possible way, since they’re not hard to find in the supermarket) are sweet smoked paprika and dried oregano. All the other ingredients you probably already have knocking around – chicken, potatoes, bell pepper, tinned tomatoes, onions and garlic.
This is a two step throw it in the pan and forget about dish (until the timer bell goes off on your cooker!) as these veg take a little longer than the chicken, but it’s easy enough!
- 2 medium white onions, cut into wedges
- 2 medium red onions cut into wedges
- 500g new potatoes, quartered lengthways
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tins canned chopped tomatoes
- 100g chorizo, sliced or chopped
- 8 chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1-2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1-2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- one-calorie oil spray (e.g., Fry Light)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6
- Put the potatoes, onions, garlic, and tomatoes in a roasting tin and season with salt and pepper. Spray with a couple of squirts of one-calorie oil spray and toss together. Roast for 20 minutes
- Mix the paprika and oregano together in a bowl
- Cut some slits into the flesh of the chicken then rub the spice mixture over the chicken
- Scatter the chorizo and pepper slices over the vegetables and mix everything together before placing the chicken thighs on top. Return to the oven for 40 minutes
- Partway through cooking, baste the chicken with the juices
- Serve when the chicken is cooked through and the chicken is golden and crisp
- If you are following Slimming World this recipe has 3.5 Syns per serving.
- You can reduce the Syns by using less Chorizo which is (at time of writing) 14 Syns for 100g Chorizo. Please check your SW pack or online for latest values.