I’ve been challenged to create a dish using leftovers and British Lion Eggs, and the food that gets leftover the most in this house is a roast dinner. I’m sure we’re all left with some extra meat, a few veggies and potatoes – instead of just either: a) tossing them out (shame on you!) or b) eating them cold the next day, why not turn them into yummy crustless mini quiches? They are so easy to make!
I’ve used leftover roast chicken and broccoli in these quiches, which are really simple to make and taste great hot or cold – they’re ideal to put in a lunchbox or take on a picnic!
Of course, giving exact measurements of the fillings is tricky, since we’ll all have different volumes of leftovers, but I have given you the egg mixture quantities to make 12 mini quiches; I used a regular muffin tin to make them. I just divided the leftovers into each of the 12 sections of the tin, poured over the egg mixture and cooked for about 25 minutes.
Leftover Roast Chicken Crustless Mini Quiche
Makes 12 mini quiches
- Spray oil or melted butter to grease a 12 cup muffin tin
- 6 British Lion Eggs
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- ½tsp dried thyme
- ½tsp dried rosemary
- 30g Cheddar cheese, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Leftover roast chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- Leftover broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 200°C fan / Gas 7
- Grease each cup (base and sides) of a muffin tin with the spray oil or melted butter.
- In a jug, whisk together the egg, milk, dried herbs and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chopped chicken and broccoli between the 12 muffin cups and then pour the egg mixture over each one.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the eggs are set and the tops of the crustless quiches are golden.
- Eat hot or cold.
You can also check out the leftover recipe ideas from my fellow #ShortcutEggsperts on the Google Hangout we recently held!
I’ve got more 50+ Easy Chicken Recipes for you to enjoy – right click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!