So, you’re looking for the best Slimming World Chicken Recipes? Well, look no further! I’ve got lots of delicious recipes using chicken that are perfect when you are Food Optimising!
From chicken curries and chicken stir-fries to slow cooker recipes and easy, fuss-free one-pan tray bakes, the Slimming World friendly recipes you’ll find here can be enjoyed by the whole family, and not just those following the SW plan!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Slimming World Chicken Recipes
If you are one of the many people following the Slimming World (SW) plan and looking for some meal-time inspiration then you’ve come to the right place.
Chicken is probably the meat that we cook with the most. It is such a versatile ingredient that goes well in a variety of different dishes and cuisines.
But before I get into the recipes, here is some handy information for you.
Slimming World chicken recipes are not the only ones I have on my blog, there are 500+ Recipes here including more SW-friendly recipes for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.
If you are looking for a specific recipe, please use the search function below. If you can’t find what you are searching for, then please do contact me as I take all reader suggestions on board!
TIP! Links to the various recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog will open in the same window/tab, so to reach this page again, just hit the back button on your browser.
I will be adding to this list of Slimming World chicken recipes over time, so make sure that you save and share this post on your social media accounts so you can always find it!
Can I Eat Chicken on Slimming World?
Yes, you can eat chicken when following the Slimming World Food Optimising plan.
How Many Syns are in Chicken?
According to Slimming World’s Food Optimising book that comes with your membership, chicken is a FREE food. The book says:
Very lean (or trimmed) cuts of meat and poultry when cooked without oil or fat, are FREE! No weighing, no counting… no kidding!
So make sure you remove all skin and visible fat from chicken – be that the breasts, thighs, legs, or wings, and if you add fat, make sure you count the fat as Syns.
As a guide, a level tablespoon of olive oil is 6 Syns at the time of writing. Always check your member pack or online for the most up to date Syn values. Use measuring spoons to get accurate measurements.
If you buy chicken mince it must be 5% fat or less to be free, otherwise, you have to count the Syns.
Most of the time, skinless, boneless chicken breasts are my best friend for easy Slimming World chicken recipes!
About the Chicken Recipes
Some of these chicken recipes have been adapted from an official SW magazine or from SW books. I usually adapt the recipes to suit my family’s personal tastes.
This might be leaving out an ingredient (e.g., mushrooms) or adding extra ingredients (e.g., more chilies or spices), or making tweaks to the way it is made.
And some of these recipes using chicken are of my own creation.
As a family, we are all trying to eat healthier and lose some weight, so you can rest assured that any changes I make are going to be Slimming World friendly.
So for example, I would not replace skinless chicken breast (Free) with chicken with the skin on (not Free) or add olive oil to a recipe without including the Syn count.
All of the Slimming World friendly recipes I share on The Purple Pumpkin Blog have been made by me and tried and tested by my family.
The photos might not always be as fancy as others on my blog and there may not always be step-by-step pics. This is generally because I literally cook dinner and take a few quick snaps to share. I’m using this as a way to keep myself motivated and on-track and to share some yummy Slimming World friendly recipes with you!
About Slimming World
Slimming World’s Food Optimising plan is a healthy, flexible approach, based on everyday foods, to help people lose weight without ever going hungry. It’s a practical, family-friendly plan that fits easily into everyday life and doesn’t require complex weighing and measuring or obsessive calorie counting. – Slimming World
Disclosure: I am not affiliated with Slimming World in any way other than being a member and following their Food Optimising plan.
If you are reading this blog post then chances are you already follow SW and know all the ins-and-outs of how it works. Please check with your consultant, in your member pack, or online at Slimming World’s website for full details about the plan.
I am not a doctor or dietician, or providing medical advice and hold no responsibility for the complete accuracy of calorie counts and nutritional information. And where applicable, Syns in Slimming World friendly recipes. I advise you to check your own resources if you are using recipes to lose weight. All weight-loss programs should be followed on advice from a doctor.
Slimming World Food Diary Printable
If you follow Slimming World, you will know that one of the crucial things to your success is keeping a Slimming World Food Diary.
Tracking what you eat at each meal, along with your Healthy Extras, and Syns means you can monitor when things go well – and when they don’t – so can figure out how to improve next time.
I’ve got a free printable Slimming World Food Diary & Meal Planner here which now includes a diary for Extra Easy SP.
Slimming World Chicken Curries
If ordering an Indian takeaway on a Saturday night was a go-to for you before you started the SW plan, you might be missing your favourite chicken curries.
You are not alone. We love curry! And because of that, we have had to find alternative ways of preparing them so that they are Extra Easy and suitable for SW.
This generally means removing the fat (ghee or oil) from a curry recipe. These chicken curries don’t taste exactly the same as their original counterparts…BUT they are a great substitute and we really enjoy them.
Make an onion salad with finely chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, and coriander and enjoy on the side with a poppadom or two! (Sharwood’s Ready to Eat Poppadoms Plain 8 pack, 9g each are 2 Syns each at the time of writing).
- This Slimming World Chicken Tikka Biryani with mango is cooked in one pan and tastes so good!
- Make this Slimming World Chicken Curry when you are missing your favourite Chicken Tikka Masala from the Indian takeaway!
- I tweaked this Extra Easy Chicken Tikka & Aubergine Rice Pilaf to make it quicker to cook. The chicken is marinated in a spiced yogurt that makes it so tender and is one of those awesome Slimming World chicken recipes with rice that I think everyone should make!
- Recipes that I can cook in one dish like this One Pan Chicken Curry Traybake save on washing up and I can just bung it in the oven and forget about it!
- This recipe for Chicken Balti uses a curry paste, but the Syns are minimal per portion (just ½ Syn).
- Chicken Jalfrezi is a spicy curry and this low-fat version tastes great. It is a recipe I tweaked and works out to be 1 Syn per portion.
Know someone who is following Slimming World and would love to try these recipes? Why not forward it onto them by email or WhatsApp?
Recipes Using Cooked Chicken
If you’ve cooked a roast chicken for Sunday lunch and have leftovers, why not use them in one of these tasty recipes?
- This Chicken and Bacon Risotto is so simple and satisfying to make and is ready in under 40 minutes.
- This Cumin & Cinnamon Couscous with Chicken & Vegetables is quick and easy to make using leftover chicken. Tastes great and is completely FREE when Food Optimising.
- My Leftover Roast Chicken Crustless Mini Quiches recipe is not marked as Slimming World friendly. But I made a quick tweak to the recipe and ta-da, the whole pan is Syn free if you use the Cheddar as a Healthy Extra A. All is explained in the notes section of the recipe.
- I made this Chicken, Spinach + Tomato Hash when I used to do Paleo (yes, I’ve done ALL the diets!) but just swap with the olive oil with FryLight and this recipe is another great option for a SW lunch.
I would love if you shared this post on social media – just use the buttons below!
Your shares are how The Purple Pumpkin Blog grows and I am sincerely grateful every time you share something. ♥
Slimming World Chicken Tray Bake Recipes
If you want some easy Slimming World chicken recipes, I don’t think you can get much easier than a one-pan recipe. It usually means less fuss, less mess, and less washing up!
Many one-pan recipes mean throwing everything into/onto a roasting tin; baking tray; sheet pan; skillet; cooking pot; casserole dish; dutch oven; instant pot; slow cooker (delete as appropriate!) and doing its thing.
One-pan cooking means you can usually just forget about it until the cooking time is over (with maybe a stir or adding additional ingredients midway through cooking).
- Simple and delicious Chicken and Vegetable Traybake – it’s FREE and Extra Easy SP too!
- This One Pan Chicken and Vegetables is such a simple recipe and another “not marked as SW” recipe, but it totally is as I used skinless chicken thighs and FryLight instead of oil. You could use skinless, boneless chicken breasts if you prefer.
- One Pan Chicken & Chorizo Tray Bake is a real treat and tastes so good. But you have to count the Syns in the chorizo. Per serving, this chicken traybake is 3½ Syns, but you could reduce this by using less chorizo.
- Hungarian Chicken Stew was once a firm family favourite, and a recipe I wanted to include here as it’s cooked in one pan on the hob, rather than in the oven. The chicken is browned off first then everything is tossed in and left to simmer. This is not originally a Slimming World recipe, but simple tweaks have made it completely FREE by using FryLight instead of olive oil and replacing the sour cream with low-fat fromage frais, natural yogurt or Greek yogurt.
Slimming World Chinese Recipes
Let’s face it, Chinese food from the local takeaway is sky-high in Syns, and if like me, you love a Chinese on the weekend you might be missing your favourite dishes.
BUT, you don’t have to with these SW friendly recipes!
- This Sweet and Sour Chicken is a Slimming World friendly version of a Chinese takeaway classic.
- Kung Pao Chicken is a spicy stir-fry and tastes so good. Serve it with rice or noodles.
- This Chinese Chicken Stir-Fry Soup was created when I had the ingredients for a stir-fry, but didn’t fancy a stir-fry! So easy to make too.
- I did make a Chicken & Vegetable Stir Fry to share with you too. Another FREE chicken recipe when Food Optimising.
Slow Cooker Slimming World Recipes
Now, admittedly I don’t have many slow cooker chicken recipes, but Slow Cooker Chili Chicken & Pumpkin Stew is a comforting dish that doesn’t take long to prep at all.
Why not give the chicken its spice rub and chop all the veggies the night before (place in airtight containers in the fridge) and in the morning just dump all the ingredients into your slow cooker and set it on low for the day.
By dinner time all you have to do is cook some rice (use microwave rice if you like, I won’t tell!) and dish dinner up.
Other Chicken Recipes
These last few recipes use different cuts of chicken and don’t quite fit into the other categories above!
- This Slimming World Jambalaya is an easy recipe cooked in one pot and filled with tons of smokey flavours from the Deep South.
- Homemade is best made, and these Slimming World Chicken Nuggets are just 1½ Syns per portion.
- These Lemon Herb Chicken Drumsticks with Smoky-Bacon Greens are delicious and simple and is an Extra Easy SP recipe too.
- Make Cajun Chicken and serve with your choice of Syn-free sides like couscous, rice, and salad.
- This recipe for Lemon and Thyme Chicken Skewers is an oldie on my blog! It uses chicken breast mini fillets, but if you can’t find those, just cut chicken breasts into strips to thread onto skewers.
I hope you have found a Slimming World chicken recipe here to tickle your taste buds. There are lots more on their way, so do check back from time to time to try something new!
Or better yet, join The Pumpkin Patch and you’ll be notified when new recipes are posted!