Recipes Chicken Recipes, COOK, Food + Drink, Indian Recipes, Low Calorie Recipes
Another low-cal curry recipe for you today – Chicken Balti. I made this last week – easy and quick to make since it uses jarred balti paste, so no faffing with spices!
Author: The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- 4 small chicken breasts, cubed (about 165g each, boneless & skinless)
- 6 new potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp balti curry paste
- small bunch fresh coriander
- freshly ground black pepper
- one calorie oil spray (e.g., FryLight)
- Heat a frying pan then spray with a few squirts of your low calorie oil spray. Stir fry the chicken for a few minutes until white.
- Add the potatoes, onion, garlic and ginger and fry for about 4 minutes until everything is turning golden.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and curry paste and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. The sauce will also thicken.
- Stir in some coriander, reserving some for garnish.
- Serve with rice if you wish (not included in calorie count)