I’ve got a delicious Slimming World lasagne recipe for you today. I’m still going strong on my healthy eating plan, and looking forward to sharing more Slimming World friendly recipes with you over the course of the year. I lost weight this week (the Christmas regain) and this has put me in good stead for the coming week. I’m feeling upbeat and optimistic for the first time in a very long time!
If you’re following the Slimming World plan (and even if you’re not, the recipes are tasty!) you’re going to want to make sure you’re following my blog, or subscribed so that you don’t miss out!
Slimming World Lasagne
I tweaked the recipe from Slimming World to our personal taste – adding our favourite dried herbs (you could use 2 tsps dried mixed herbs if you prefer), and adding in some different vegetables too. I found that the lasagne sheets didn’t cook all the way through – I don’t know if it was our oven, or if we needed to cook the dish for longer than stated in the original recipe. When I make this again, I’m going to pre-cook the pasta first before layering everything together.
I’ve been making healthier toppings for dishes with yoghurt and eggs (like lasagne, and moussaka) for years. It’s not as creamy tasting as a “proper” topping would be, but with the melted cheese you get the satisfaction of a cheesy topping!
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small courgette, cut into bite-sized cubes
- ½ small aubergine, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g passata
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 500g fat free natural yogurt
- 2 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 dried lasagne sheets
- 160g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Add the red pepper, courgettes, aubergines, mushrooms, onion and garlic and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beef mince, and continue to stir fry until browned.
- Add the tomatoes, passata and dried herbs, season well and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs into the yoghurt until smooth. Season well.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Spray a medium-sized rectangular oven proof dish with low calorie cooking spray.
- Spoon half the mince and vegetable mixture into the base and top with half of the lasagne sheets.
- Spread over half of the yogurt mixture and top with the remaining mince. Top with the remaining lasagne sheets, and spread over the remaining yogurt mix.
- Sprinkle the topping with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with the mixed salad.