I thought I would start sharing some Slimming World friendly recipes that I prepare for myself and for my family, since I’ve recently gone back to the Slimming World Extra Easy plan. I try to make all my recipes as syn free as I possibly can, making use of all the free foods!
My first recipe is for a Ham, Tomato and Mushroom Omelette that I made for breakfast. The free foods are eggs, ham, tomatoes and mushrooms. I have not made this omelette using cheese, but you could use the cheese as your healthy extra a choice for the day if you wish. I used Frylight 1 cal cooking spray to cook the omelette on one side, and finished it off under the grill. I sprinkled fresh parsley on the top, because, well, I love fresh parsley!
This really is a made to measure omelette – so throw in as much or as little an ingredient you like! And furthermore, since it’s all free foods, I’ve not given weights and measures – cook an omelette to satisfy your hunger at that meal time!
Ham, Tomato & Mushroom Omelette
- large eggs
- dried mixed herbs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Frylight 1 cal oil spray
- mushrooms, chopped
- cherry plum tomatoes, halved
- wafer thin ham, chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl, add a sprinkling of mixed herbs and season with some salt and pepper, put to one side.
- Spray a hot frying pan with the Frylight and fry the mushrooms for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and ham. Continue to fry for a few more minutes.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and move everything around to even out.
- When the omelette has set on the bottom, finish off the cooking on top by placing under a hot grill, and cook until just set.
- Serve immediately with a handful of fresh parsley on top (optional)