I made this yummy Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry a few days ago for our dinner. I kept it low in calories by only using a few sprays of a one-cal oil spray instead of oil, and using water to help steam the vegetables. I always watch our carb intake with meals, and this too helps with keeping calories low. I also bulk stir fry dishes out with vegetables.
The recipe that I’ve given makes enough for 3 to 4 servings – depending on how much you eat! The total calories for the whole dish is around 700 calories (not including rice or noodles) if you want to add a carb to your dish, I try to keep it to around 40g, rather than what the packet usually recommends as a serving (75g). Check packet for calorie count.
Of course, if you’re not counting calories, disregard info and enjoy this colourful and tasty chicken and vegetable stir fry!
It’s been a while since I posted a recipe so I hope you enjoy!
I’ve got more 50+ Easy Chicken Recipes for you to enjoy – right click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
- 300g skinless chicken breast, visible fat removed, sliced into thin strips
- 300g broccoli florets, sliced
- 100g baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
- 180g mange tout
- 100g red bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- one-cal oil spray
For the marinade
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp black rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- ½ tbsp Chinese five-spice
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and then pour half over the chicken strips. Place in the fridge to marinate for about an hour (more if possible)
- Heat a wok (or large frying pan) until very hot then add a few squirts of the oil spray
- Add the onions, and stir fry for a minute before adding the chilli and garlic
- Add the chicken strips and stir fry for a few minutes until the chicken is cooked through
- Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm in the oven
- Re-heat the wok and spray some more oil spray
- Add the vegetables and stir-fry for a couple of minutes
- Add a splash of water and cover to allow the vegetables to cook through for about 5 minutes
- Place the chicken back in with the vegetables and pour over the other half of the marinade
- Mix everything together to warm through for a minute then serve immediately
- Serve with plain boiled rice or rice noodles (not included in the calorie count)
- If following Slimming World this recipe is FREE when Food Optimising.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 700