Welcome to Day 37 of 100 Days of Disney here on The Purple Pumpkin Blog! Be sure to check out all of the other posts in this series, and if you would like to share your own Disney blog posts or pictures, make sure you check out the #100DaysOfDisney Link Party!
We went for dinner at ‘Ohana at The Polynesian Resort and had the most delicious bread pudding we’ve ever eaten…it’s served with ice-cream and a banana caramel sauce.
This would be a perfect dessert to serve at a luau! I’ve got lots more Luau Party Food recipes for you to try out – right-click and open them in a new tab to read next!
For the Bread Pudding
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 cups french or 'Ohana breakfast bread
Banana Foster Sauce
- 4 oz sugar
- 4 oz brown sugar
- 4 oz corn syrup
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1cup spiced rum
- 1cup banana slices
- In bowl mix eggs, milk , salt, sugar and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cut bread in medium pieces, place on cookie sheet pan put in 350 degree oven.
- Bake bread until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Remove bread and place in egg and milk mixture.
- Place mixture in a greased 10-inch cake pan and bake at 325 degree for 1 hour.
- Let stand 5 minutes, serve hot with ice cream.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and half of heavy cream in a large pan. Bring to a boil and slowly add remaining heavy cream keeping mixture at a steady boil.
- Add spiced rum and flambe.
- Candy will brown slightly; cook 3 minutes until candy forms into a firm ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Add sliced bananas. Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1055Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 253mgSodium: 598mgCarbohydrates: 143gFiber: 2gSugar: 116gProtein: 15g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
I’ve found a recipe for it over on the All Ears Website (there is such a wealth of Disney knowledge over there it’s ridiculous! I’ve taken note of it and I plan to make this very soon, because we’re not going to ‘Ohana this year for dinner which means, we can’t eat this amazing bread pudding!!!
Day 37 of #100DaysOfDisney is done – 63 to go!
Come back tomorrow for another Disney related blog post!
Posts in the #100DaysOfDisney Series…
Disney Make It Monday | Tasty Tuesday | Wednesday Around The World | Theme Park Thursday | Disney Fashion Friday & Disney Merchandise | Saturday Night at the Disney Movies | Disney Sunday Sounds