I’ve saved my personal favourite in this Robinsons SQUASH’D series of recipes created by James Ramsden, author of Love Your Lunchbox, till last. It is a Tropical Noodle Salad with Chicken, and I loved all the different textures in one dish. With flavourful noodles, chicken, mango, peanuts and passion fruit, it is full of wonderful flavour combinations, and I can’t wait to make this one again! Why not check out the recipes for Citrus Salad with Salmon and Avocado and Crudités with Apple & Blackcurrant Dip
SQUASH’D is a 66ml capsule of high concentrated squash. It is available in six flavours: Apple & Blackcurrant, Orange & Peach, Tropical, Citrus, Summer Fruits, Pear & Blueberry. Available in all major supermarkets, RRP £2.49.
James was influenced by the exotic passion fruit and mango flavours of SQUASH’D Tropical when creating this lunch to provide fitness fanatics with plenty of energy. “This meal is full of everything you need to ensure your body is ready for a workout” says Nutritionist Jenny Edelstein from Brain Food. “Noodles will up glycogen stores in the muscles, which will be used during the workout. Mango is one of the most iron-rich fruits, so it supports the flow of oxygen to the muscles, and contains lots of B vitamins for energy. It’s also important to stay hydrated as dehydration may cause muscle cramping and fatigue.”
- 1 large chicken breast
- 500ml chicken stock
- ½ mango
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 nest whole wheat noodles
- 1 chilli
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped peanuts
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Handful of beansprouts
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Add the stock, 2 tbsp soy sauce, lemongrass stick and chilli to a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and poach for 15 minutes before removing the chicken and setting the liquor aside.
- Cook the noodles in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water and toss with the remaining soy sauce and ½ tsp sesame oil.
- Peel the mango and slice it into segments. Scoop out the flesh of the passion fruit and mix it with the sweet chilli sauce, rice vinegar ½ tsp sesame oil and 2 tbsp of the chicken liquor.
- Slice the chicken and add the beansprouts and noodles. Pour over the dressing and garnish with peanuts and coriander.
- Enjoy with a refreshing glass of SQUASH’D Tropical.