Another recipe today from the Halloween get together last week using pumpkin flesh from my carvings this year and lots of spice! I cooked this in the slow cooker, but there is no reason why you can’t make it on the hob.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin + Apple Soup
- 1 medium sized pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed and cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Milk or cream to serve (optional)
- Turn your slow cooker to high.
- Place the prepared pumpkin, potato, onion, apples and garlic into the slow cooker.
- Pour over the vegetable stock.
- Sprinkle over the spices and give everything a stir.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Using a hand held blender, whizz everything until smooth and season if desired, with salt and pepper.
- Turn slow cooker to low until ready to serve.
- You can thin the soup out with milk or cream.