Spruce up boring mashed potatoes with this simple, yet effective Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe. Using an Instant Pot, this delicious side is ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Mashed potatoes are one of the ultimate comfort foods in my mind, and pair well with so many types of entrées.
With the holiday season underway, these rosemary garlic mashed potatoes are a great side dish option for any festive or weeknight meal.
They take under 30 minutes from start to finish and can be made in your Instant Pot. This recipe is simple, easy to make, and tastes delicious!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It may not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Russet or Maris Piper Potatoes, Garlic, Rosemary
- Dairy – Heavy Cream (Double Cream), Unsalted Butter
- Chicken Broth/Stock – or vegetable broth/stock
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Potatoes
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is potato, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Cuban Mojo Potatoes – A Delicious Side Dish with Chili, Garlic & Lime
- Vichyssoise Recipe- A Chilled Creamy Leek & Potato Soup
- Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
More Instant Pot Recipes
Looking for more dishes to make in your Instant Pot? Check these recipes out next:
- Delicious Instant Pot Pulled Pork Chili Recipe for Cool Autumn Days!
- Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe with Potatoes, Carrots and Green Beans
- Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs with Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce
How Do I Make Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 3 lbs (1.3kg) Russet or Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup heavy cream (double cream)
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- Combine potatoes, garlic, rosemary leaves, and broth in Instant Pot. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 8 minutes.
- .When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and add heavy cream. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or immersion blender until almost smooth, but still slightly chunky. Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with butter and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Make It A Special Dinner!
You’ve made the side dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a holiday dinner party!
- Appetizer: Christmas Brie Crostini Appetizer with Orange-Cranberry Relish
- Soup: One-Pot Easy Beer Cheese Soup Recipe
- Salad: Roasted Broccoli and Bacon Salad with Raisins & Yogurt Dressing
- Main Dish: Apple and Rosemary Stuffed Pork Chops
- Beverage: Pink Grapefruit Martini Cocktail (with Vodka or Gin)
- Dessert: Homemade Bailey’s Chocolate Truffles
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.