This Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe is the ideal, flavorsome dinner for cool autumnal evenings.
Broccoli and Cheese are such perfect, yet underrated partners.
It’s the ultimate comfort food – deliciously creamy, rich, and cheesy!
For more seasonal food, check out The Ultimate List of Autumn Recipes for the Fall Season! Right-click and open a new tab to read next.
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
It’s that time of year again when the leaves start to change color and the weather starts to cool down.
What better way to enjoy a cool autumn evening than with some delicious broccoli cheese soup?
The best part is, that it’s easy to make in your Instant Pot!
In just a few simple steps you’ll have a warm, comforting bowl of soup that will hit the spot.
So get out your Instant Pot and let’s get started!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online. Staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., aren’t always included here as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ALL ingredients with measurements is found on the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Shallots, Red Bell Pepper, Potato, Broccoli Florets (Frozen)
- Dairy – Monterey Jack Cheese, Sharp (Strong) Cheddar, Heavy Cream (Double Cream)
- Garlic Powder
- Chicken Broth/Stock
- Special Equipment:
- Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 – this is the Instant Pot I have
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, that you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Broccoli
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is broccoli, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- 30-Minute Blackened Broccoli Recipe
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Recipe in 30 Minutes
- Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli Penne Pasta
More Instant Pot Recipes
Looking for more dishes to make in your Instant Pot? Check these recipes out next:
- Instant Pot Chicken Lazone with Baby Portobello Mushrooms (Low Carb)
- Instant Pot Chicken Florentine Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala Recipe
How Do I Make Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- ½ large red pepper, diced small, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large yellow potato, chopped small
- 2 cups chicken broth, preferably organic
- 12-oz (340g) bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup heavy cream (double cream)
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot® inner cooking pot and select the “Sauté’ function. Use the “Adjust” button to select the “Normal” (medium) setting.
- Once hot, add the diced shallot, all but 2 tablespoons of the red pepper, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the potatoes and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for another 2-3 minutes or until the potatoes start to develop some color.
- Deglaze the Instant Pot® inner cooking pot by pouring in the chicken broth and gently scraping the bottom with a rubber spatula to release the brown bits. Press the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button to turn off the Sauté function.
- Add the frozen broccoli and cover. Lock the lid into place and make sure the vent is set to “Sealing.” Select the “Manual” setting and adjust the setting to “High,” if necessary. Set cook time to 2 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam before carefully removing the lid.
- Add the cheese, one cup at a time, and stir until completely melted.
- To prevent curdling, temper the heavy cream by adding 2-3 tablespoons of the hot liquid from the Instant Pot® to it before adding it to the soup. Stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as needed. Serve immediately topped with additional shredded cheese and remaining red pepper on top. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 570Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 1103mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 25g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Special Dinner!
You’ve made the soup, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a dinner party or special meal:
- Appetizer: Balsamic Mozzarella Stuffed Grape Tomatoes
- Salad: Rainbow Salad with Zesty Dressing
- Main Dish: Cast Iron Shepherd’s Pie Recipe – A Classic Comfort Food Dish!
- Side Dish: Oven-Roasted Parmesan Green Beans – A Delicious Simple Side Dish
- Beverage: Apple Cider Margarita
- Dessert: Tres Leches Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting & Toasted Coconut
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.