Pumpkin Pie Cocktail, anyone? If you’re yearning for the comforting flavors of pumpkin pie but also want a little kick, you’ve stumbled upon the perfect drink!
Pumpkin Pie Cocktail
When the fall season breezes in, so does our craving for warm spices, creamy textures, and all things pumpkin.
Why settle for the standard Pumpkin Spice Latte when you can elevate your autumn with this delicious cocktail?
There’s nothing quite like sipping on this creamy, spiced concoction to warm your soul and tantalize your taste buds!
This Pumpkin Pie Cocktail recipe is bound to become your new fall favorite, perfect for Thanksgiving dinners or just a cozy evening by the fire.
Don’t have time for this cocktail recipe now? Tap the share icon in the bottom right of the screen, then tap the heart icon ♥ to save it for later!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
While you may prefer to skip to the recipe card, we suggest reading the entire blog post to avoid missing valuable tips and substitution suggestions and to ensure you have the necessary ingredients, equipment, and understanding of the steps and timings.
Best Pumpkin Cocktail
One sip of this pumpkin pie cocktail will transport you straight into a seasonal wonderland.
The creamy blend of Baileys Pumpkin Spice and Salted Caramel Liqueur gives this drink its soul-warming depth.
The creamy drink’s pumpkin flavor is ideal for serving at a Halloween party, but you don’t need to wait for a special occasion to enjoy this pumpkin pie cocktail.
Whether it’s a cocktail hour with friends on a weekday or you’re hosting a themed fall party, this drink fits the bill.
It’s an easy recipe that takes a few minutes to blend up, so it’s also perfect for those bad days when you just need a good measure of comfort!
Cocktail Ingredients & Equipment
Ingredients For Pumpkin Pie Cocktail
- Baileys Pumpkin Spice – Seasonal variation of Baileys with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves flavors. Enjoy over ice, in a spice latte, or over a delicious dessert.
- Salted Caramel Liqueur
- Heavy Cream (Double Cream)
- Caramel Sauce
- Canned Pumpkin Pie Filling – This product comes with a pumpkin pie spice blend, so adding extra is unnecessary.
- Simple Syrup – For rimming glasses. You can buy this ready-made, but it is easy to make yourself.
- To make simple syrup, place equal measures of sugar and water in a pan and stir over medium heat.
- By the time it simmers, the sugar is dissolved, and that’s it. For a thicker syrup, simmer to reduce.
- When the syrup has cooled, use it in cocktails as required.
- Store it in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- Salt or Sugar – An optional extra for the glass rim.
- Whipped Cream – For garnishing the drink. Add a dash of ground cinnamon or nutmeg for a spiced kick.
- This cocktail is made in a blender. You ideally need one that can crush ice. We love our Ninja Blender for doing that job superbly!
- Fine Mesh Strainer – for straining the cocktail into glasses.
- Old Fashioned (Rocks) Glasses – or any kind of cocktail glasses you have.
- Rimming Dish – Or saucers for rimming the glasses with salt or sugar.
No time to read now? Tap the buttons below to save the cocktail to your Pinterest boards or Facebook page for later!
We love Pumpkin Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog (obviously, right?!), and this seasonal drink is just another one to add to the list!
With its creamy, sweet taste, the decadent pumpkin pie cocktail is ideal as a dessert.
The original recipe adds whipped cream on top and a salted rim for that delicious sweet-salt flavor.
But why not go the extra mile and turn it into a boozy pumpkin milkshake!
And if you’re going the extra mile, why not add a graham cracker rim? Just dip the rim of the glass in simple syrup, then into crushed graham crackers.
Or, as an alternative, make some pumpkin spice sugar and add that to the sticky rim of your cocktail glass.
More Fall Cocktails To Make
Hosting a fall gathering, or just need a cocktail to enjoy out on the deck on a cool autumn evening? Try one of these recipes:
Pumpkin Pie Cocktail Variations
Here are some variations of the original cocktail recipe you might like to try.
Spiced Rum Pumpkin Pie Cocktail Recipe: Swap out the Salted Caramel Liqueur for Dark Rum, and add a dash of nutmeg and a cinnamon stick stirrer.
Decadent Pumpkin Pie Martini Recipe: Shake Vanilla Vodka instead of the Salted Caramel Liqueur with the other ingredients and plenty of ice. Pour into chilled martini glasses and enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Mocktail with Non-Alcoholic Spirits
For non-drinking adults who would still like to enjoy the taste of alcohol in their mocktail, you could try non-alcoholic alternatives.
In the UK, try Lyre’s, which is also available on Amazon in the UK and Amazon.com.
Other brands include Strykk (UK) and Ritual (US & Canada). Non-alcoholic spirits are a growing trend, so be on the lookout in your local stores and online.
- Replace the Baileys and salted caramel liqueur with these suggested non-alcoholic spirits:
Follow the recipe card using the non-alcoholic alternatives listed above instead of the alcoholic ones.
Frozen Pumpkin Pie Cocktail
Want to turn this seasonal beverage into a frozen slushie? Here’s how!
Put all the ingredients in a blender with a generous amount of ice – then blend till smooth.
Serve with a straw, and watch out for brain freeze!
You can do the same with the mocktail version, too.
Big Batch of Pumpkin Pie Cocktail
Want to make a big batch of pumpkin pie cocktails for a party or gathering? The easiest way is to multiply the ingredients on the recipe card.
The recipe makes 2 cocktails, so for 6 drinks, multiply the recipe by 3; for 12 drinks, multiply the recipe by 6, and so on.
Add plenty of ice to your serving container to keep the cocktail chilled.
Provide caramel sauce, rimming salt/sugar, and whipped cream for guests to assemble their cocktail.
Setting Up Your Cocktail Bar
When setting up your cocktail bar or serving area, you could include the following:
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence.
Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make A Pumpkin Pie Cocktail?
The printable recipe card is below. Any demonstration photos on the recipe card are not printed out to save ink.
We appreciate it when you review the recipe and leave a star rating to share your experience with others!
For Glass Rim
- Simple Syrup
- Coarse Salt or Sugar
For the Cocktail
- 3 oz Pumpkin Spiced Baileys
- 2 oz Salted Caramel Liqueur
- 4 oz Heavy Cream (Double Cream)
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 2 Tbsp Caramel Sauce
- Ice Cubes
- Whipped Cream
- To rim the glasses, pour the simple syrup into a small shallow dish and the salt or sugar into a separate shallow dish. Dip each glass into the syrup and then into salt or sugar to coat the rim. Set them aside.
- Place the Baileys Pumpkin Spice, Salted Caramel Liqueur, heavy cream, and pumpkin pie filling into a blender. Blend on medium speed until fully combined.
- Pour caramel sauce into the inside of each glass and add ice.
- Pour the cocktail mixture into the glasses and top with whipped cream. Cheers!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 682Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 486mgCarbohydrates: 117gFiber: 2gSugar: 110gProtein: 3g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Dinner Party Menu Suggestions!
The beverage is covered, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a dinner party or special meal:
- Appetizer/Starter: Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Soup: Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Salad: Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese Salad With Balsamic Glaze
- Main Dish: Lemon Pepper Roasted Chicken
- Side Dish: Honey-Roasted Curried Carrots
- Dessert: Spiced Rhubarb And Apple Crumble
The post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog and is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween! You can check out Crafty October from 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 for awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!