If you have ever wanted to make your own ice cream but don’t have a specialized machine, then you are going to LOVE this No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream recipe! With just three ingredients, it is ready in as little as 4 hours. Use your homemade ice cream to make milkshakes, ice cream sodas, and floats, or just eat it from the tub with a spoon!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved.
I have an ice cream maker, it’s just a cheap one but I don’t think we actually ever used it! It’s probably in the back of the cupboard somewhere, or maybe even donated during a declutter.
Unless you are an ice cream fiend who wants to make a lot of ice cream, buying a decent machine is going to cost you a fair bit, plus you need to make sure you plan ahead of time to freeze components of the machine (depending on the model) so that you can use it.
So essentially, saying all that, if you want to make ice cream at home and don’t have an ice cream machine you can totally make this no-churn vanilla ice cream without any fancy equipment!
Then once you’ve made your own ice cream at home, you can enjoy with topped with your favorite toppings, or use it in milkshakes, ice cream sodas, ice cream floats, ice cream sandwiches and more!
Or why not toast some marshmallows and make marshmallow ice cream next?
This recipe uses American cups. They’re a handy piece of kitchen equipment to have along with a kitchen food scale. Having both in your kitchen means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog as I use both cups and weighted measures.
More Dessert Recipes
Looking for more desserts to make? Check these recipes out next:
How Do I Make No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients, instructions, and demonstration photos. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cups heavy cream (double cream)
- 14oz /397g (can) sweetened condensed milk
To Serve, Optional
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Chopped nuts
- Chocolate syrup
- Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and carefully scrape out the seeds with a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Using an electric hand mixer whisk the cream at high speed until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to overbeat as it can split and turn into butter.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla bean seeds and fold to combine.
- Pour mixture into a bread pan or freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove from freezer and let soften for a few minutes before transferring to individual serving bowls.
- Serve as is or add your preferred toppings. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 834Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 35gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 202mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 0gSugar: 76gProtein: 14g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Appetizer: Cucumber Feta Watermelon Skewers Party Appetizer with Balsamic Glaze
- Main Dish: Greek Steak Salad with Feta & Kalamata Olives
- Side Salad: Roasted Artichoke Mozzarella Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Beverage: Banana Colada – A Tropical Rum Banana Cocktail for Parties
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!