It’s pumpkin season, and our Pumpkin Pie White Russian, made with Kahlua, vodka, and pumpkin spice coffee creamer, is the epitome of fall in a glass!
Imagine combining the classic White Russian cocktail with cozy pumpkin spice vibes—the perfect drink to welcome the fall season or to enjoy at Halloween parties.
This delicious blend of coffee flavors and pumpkin pie spice will become your favorite White Russian cocktail recipe for this time of year.
A dash of festivity and a lot of flavor await you in this tantalizing cocktail with a fall twist!
Don’t have time for this cocktail recipe now? Tap the share icon in the bottom right of the screen, then tap the heart icon ♥ to save it for later!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
While you may prefer to skip to the recipe card, we suggest reading the entire blog post to avoid missing valuable tips and substitution suggestions and to ensure you have the necessary ingredients, equipment, and understanding of the steps and timings.
Pumpkin Pie White Russian
What’s not to love about Kahlua?
This coffee liqueur is the backbone of our Pumpkin Pie White Russian, adding that much-beloved coffee flavor to the mix.
But we’re not stopping there!
A blend of vodka and pumpkin spice coffee creamer takes this classic cocktail to new heights.
Pumpkin creamer adds perfect pumpkin flavor and a creaminess usually brought by heavy cream in a classic White Russian recipe.
For dessert, the warm spices in Pumpkin Spice Cookies complement the flavors of the cocktail.
And you can’t beat the pairing of coffee with chocolate, so set up a Chocolate Charcuterie Board at your next gathering!
Another fall favorite—apples—are a winning combination with the sweet cocktail.
The post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween! Check out Crafty October from 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 for tons of awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!
Pumpkin Spice White Russian Cocktail
This delightful cocktail is a perfect fall drink for different occasions…
It’s a great Thanksgiving cocktail to enjoy with family and friends at your Thanksgiving table.
It would make the perfect fall drink at an autumn-themed dinner party—or enjoy it just because you’re in the mood for amazing pumpkin spice goodness! (Move over Pumpkin Spice Latte!)
Why not upgrade your Halloween Party by serving a Pumpkin White Russian in old-fashioned rocks glasses filled with ice cubes and garnished with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and a cinnamon stick?
The added flavor will make it a seasonal cocktail your guests will forget!
It’s an easy recipe, requiring just a handful of ingredients, and it makes perfect sense for coffee lovers and fans of seasonal flavors alike.
Cocktail Ingredients & Equipment
Ingredients For Pumpkin Pie White Russian
- Kahlúa – A coffee liqueur brand crafted in Veracruz, Mexico. This beloved beverage blends rum, sugar, and high-quality arabica coffee.
- You can use other coffee liqueurs in this festive cocktail. However, they may offer different flavor profiles.
- Tia Maria, for example, has a slightly bitter taste with notes of vanilla, caramel, and Jamaican rum.
- Amarula blends real marula fruit with rich notes of Ethiopian coffee.
- Sheridan’s is a two-part cocktail that comes in a very unique bottle. Use the black liqueur with coffee and whiskey flavors in this cocktail. (The white liqueur is milk white chocolate flavor).
- Vodka – Use your preferred brand of vodka in this tasty fall cocktail. If you can find Pumpkin Vodka, it would work so well in this cocktail.
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer – This is one thing I wish we could bring home from the USA when we visit, but it is a fresh product, so we have to make our own when we are back home in the UK! Check our recipe below.
- Maraschino Cherries
- This cocktail is shaken, but don’t worry if you don’t have a large cocktail shaker…
- You can use a container with a tight-fitting lid, like a mason jar, or the cup on a blender or smoothie maker.
- Cocktail Glasses
- Cocktail Skewers – for skewering cherries and other cocktail fruits
No time to read now? Tap the buttons below to save the cocktail to your Pinterest boards or Facebook page for later!
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
Okay, so you can’t buy this ingredient where you live, but you can buy the ingredients to make it? Problem solved!
- 1 cup Cream (heavy, double, or half and half – your personal preference)
- 2 Tbsp Canned Pumpkin Puree – NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup – buy the good, 100% stuff, anything less is just made up of flavorings and corn syrup.
- ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract – always buy good vanilla, as it makes a flavor difference.
For a lighter version of the creamer in this cocktail, make it with whole milk or dairy-free alternatives like almond milk or oat milk. Coconut milk will likely change the flavor into something more tropical-tasting, so you may want to avoid using it here.
More Seasonal Cocktails To Make
For more Autumn/Winter cocktails, try these:
Pumpkin Pie White Russian Variations
Let’s talk variations. What’s a good thing if you can’t switch it up in different ways?
Virgin Pumpkin Pie White Russian (Non-Alcoholic)
For non-drinkers, follow the recipe card using the non-alcoholic alternatives listed below instead of the alcoholic ones.
- Remove the vodka, and replace the Kahlua with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup and cooled brewed coffee.
I recommend adding the syrups to your taste as they may add the sweetness you may not necessarily get from alcoholic liqueurs.
Mocktails with Non-Alcoholic Spirits
For adults who would still like to enjoy the taste of alcohol in their mocktail, you could try non-alcoholic alternatives.
In the UK, try Lyre’s, which is also available on Amazon in the UK and Amazon.com.
Other brands include Strykk (UK) and Ritual (US & Canada). Non-alcoholic spirits are a growing trend, so be on the lookout in your local stores and online.
- Instead of vodka, try using Lyre’s Spiced Cane Spirit which is actually a spiced rum substitute.
- You could also try Strykk Not Vanilla Vodka to add extra fall flavors to the non-alcoholic cocktail.
- Instead of Kahlua, use Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup and cooled brewed coffee.
Follow the recipe card using the non-alcoholic alternatives listed above instead of the alcoholic ones.
Frozen Pumpkin Pie White Russian
Want to turn this coffee cocktail into a frozen slushie? Here’s how!
Put all the ingredients in a blender with a generous amount of ice* – then blend till smooth.
Serve with a straw, and watch out for brain freeze!
You can do the same with the mocktail version too.
Big Batch Cocktails
Want to make a big batch of Pumpkin Pie White Russians for a party or gathering? It’s easy – here’s how!
If you use the same measuring container (glass, cup, jug, etc.) for the “1 part”, the ratios will be correct, and you can make as much as you need to.
To make Pumpkin White Russians for a crowd, mix together:
- 2 parts Kahlua
- 1 part Vodka
- 3 parts Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
Add plenty of ice* to your serving container to keep the cocktail chilled.
*For additional coffee flavor, make ice cubes using cooled, brewed coffee and use them in your coffee-flavored cream cocktails.
While it’s best to enjoy the cocktail fresh to savor its flavors, you may have some left at the end of your party—don’t let it go to waste!
- Transfer it to an airtight pitcher or container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- Or, to make it last longer, turn it into Pumpkin Pie Spice White Russian Granita!
- Granita is a semi-frozen dessert made from sugar, water, and various flavorings. Originally from Sicily.
- Transfer the cocktail to a shallow freezer-safe container and place it in the freezer for 6 hours (or overnight). You can add some simple syrup or another sweetener if desired.
- Use a fork to break the frozen cocktail into small pieces. Serve and enjoy!
- Or pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Use the cocktail cubes to chill and flavor future cocktails without diluting the drink.
Setting Up Your Cocktail Bar
When setting up your cocktail bar or serving area, you could include the following:
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence.
Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make A Pumpkin Pie White Russian?
The printable recipe card is below. Any demonstration photos on the recipe card are not printed out to save ink.
We appreciate it when you review the recipe and leave a star rating to share your experience with others!
- 4 oz Kahlua
- 2 oz Vodka
- 6 oz Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
- Maraschino cherries with stems
- Pour Kahlua into two glasses filled with ice.
- Pour Vodka and pumpkin spice creamer into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well for 15-30 seconds to combine.
- Strain into glasses, and garnish with a cherry. Cheers
- Rim the glass with cinnamon sugar or crushed Graham crackers for an extra festive touch.
- Adjust the amount of creamer to your desired level of sweetness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 1g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Dinner Party Menu Suggestions!
The beverage is covered, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a dinner party or special meal:
- Appetizer: Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Soup: 15 Bean Soup
- Salad: Waldorf Salad
- Main Dish: Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Side Dish: Cauliflower Cheese Casserole with Bacon
- Dessert: Pumpkin Earthquake Cake with Chocolate Chips
The post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog and is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween! You can check out Crafty October from 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 for awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!