This recipe for homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte is so easy and you can enjoy it anytime. It’s like pumpkin pie and coffee in a mug, and who doesn’t love that! You can serve this on it’s own, or with crunchy cookies, or Biscotti. It’s a great after dinner drink, or dessert drink, and if you have guests, they’re sure to love this. It’s also a great surprise around the campfire. This one will definitely be a favorite!
I’ve got more Pumpkin Recipes for you to try – right click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
It’s that time of year when the leaves start turning from bright greens to rusty browns; when the days start getting shorter and a little bit cooler; and when Starbucks starts selling pumpkin spice lattes! That right there is the sure sign that autumn is here right? You start seeing pumpkin flavoured EVERYTHING!
Now, you either love or hate pumpkin spice lattes, but me, I love this basic hot beverage! (Basic, if you didn’t know, is a term used to mock PSL and other things that are considered too mainstream. As a woman in her 40s, this sort of nonsense just makes me cackle! Just enjoy what you enjoy!)
If you have never drunk this iconic fall drink, and love pumpkin pie, then you are missing out! This is like a slice of pumpkin pie dunked in coffee – whipped cream and all!
Ingredients used in Pumpkin Spice Latte
To make your own PSL you are going to need:
- Milk – use your preferred choice – whole, soy, almond etc.,
- Canned Pumpkin – which you can actually find in UK supermarkets these days. We’ve come so far!
- Sugar – both brown and white
- Spices – cinnamon and nutmeg (or you could use pumpkin pie spice if you have that in your pantry)
- Freshly Brewed Coffee – dark roast or espresso
- Whipped Cream – buy a can of the stuff, or whip up fresh cream if you’re feeling fancy
- Cinnamon Sugar – mix two tablespoons of cinnamon, and one tablespoon of sugar until blended in a small dish.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice: It is really easy to make yourself with individual spices that all supermarkets should sell. To make one teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, mix together: ¼ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp ginger, ⅛ tsp allspice, and ⅛ tsp nutmeg. Use in recipes as required.
How do you make homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte?
This delicious spiced beverage is simple to make, and what’s great about it, is that you can easily scale it up to serve a crowd at a party. I haven’t tried it myself, but I bet you could leave this warming in a slow cooker, making it a self-serve pumpkin spice latte punch!
You’ll find the full printable recipe at the end of this post, but basically (ha!) you put the milk, pumpkin, sugars, and spices into a saucepan on medium-high heat and bring to the boil, then turn down to simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
Grab your pot of coffee and pour some of that into the pumpkin mix, and continue to stir until everything is combined.
Distribute the latte between your coffee mugs, add the whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar – enjoy! (Cinnamon sugar is really easy to make too, just use 2 parts ground cinnamon to 1 part sugar.)
This recipe uses American cup measurements. Since I use this type of measurement often, I find it handy to have a set of measuring cups in the kitchen.
Prepare A Pumpkin-themed Meal!
Pumpkin has a mild flavor and that makes it a very versatile ingredient to use in both savory and sweet recipes. In case you didn’t know, I love pumpkins – yeah I’m weird! I love how they look, I love cooking with them, and I love decorating with them in autumn and for Halloween.
This spiced pumpkin latte can be enjoyed not only as a beverage on its own, but it can also be a delicious dessert drink. I thought I’d share some dishes that would make a great pumpkin-themed meal. Check out these recipes:
- Appetizer: Slow Cooker Pumpkin & Apple Soup
- Main Dish: Slow Cooker Beef, Bean & Pumpkin Chilli con Carne
- Side Dish: Homemade Guacamole (no pumpkin, but goes with chili!)
- Side Dish: Hot Mexican Rice Salad (no pumpkin, but goes with chili!)
- Beverage: Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice
- Dessert: Spiced Pumpkin & Walnut Tea Loaf
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.
Yummy Cookies to Eat With PSL!
Need a cookie recipe to go with your pumpkin spiced latte? Here are some of my favorites:
More Autumn Drink Recipes
Want more fall drinks to try? Here are some recipes to take a look at:
- 4 cups of Milk - whole, soy, almond; your choice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh brewed dark roast coffee or espresso
- Whipped cream for topping
For Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Add the milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, white sugar, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg to a heavy saucepan and bring to the boil on a medium-high heat. Turn down to a simmer for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add coffee and continue to heat stirring until mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Remove from heat and pour into coffee mugs.
- Top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- To make cinnamon sugar, mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl until blended.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 51gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 3gSugar: 34gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 10g
This site uses an outside source (Nutritionix) to provide estimated nutrition. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.