Warming and spicy, just like a bonfire on a chilly autumnal evening, this Campfire Cocktail is made using Fireball Whiskey, Bourbon, and Rum and is cleverly layered to represent glowing embers!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Whether you’re camping in the woods or just hanging out in your backyard, this Campfire Cocktail is the perfect drink to keep you warm!
It’s made with Fireball, bourbon and rum, cranberry juice, peach juice, and grenadine.
Perfect for sipping by the fire while telling ghost stories or singing campfire songs!
Ingredients Used In This Cocktail
For your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe to Amazon below.
- Fireball – a cinnamon-flavored whisky
- Bourbon – brands include Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey, and Jim Beam; use your preferred brand
- Rum – brands include Bacardi, Captain Morgan, and Dead Man’s Fingers; use your preferred brand
- Cranberry Juice
- Peach Juice
- Grenadine – a red syrup made with pomegranate
This cocktail is shaken, but don’t worry if you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you could just use a container with a tight-fitting lid – like a mason jar or even the cup on a blender or smoothie maker.
More Cocktails To Make
Want to make more cocktails? I think you’re going to love these ones:
- Texas Margaritas with Raspberry Liqueur & Jalapeños!
- Totally Tropical Whiskey Sour Cocktail with 2 Kinds of Whiskey!
- How To Make Classic Margaritas on the Rocks
Cocktail Party Appetizers
If you want to serve some appetizers with your drinks, check out these recipes:
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon – Holiday Appetizer Recipe
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers Recipe For A Crowd
- 7 Layer Dip Cups – An Easy Tex-Mex Appetizer for Parties!
For more seasonal food, check out The Ultimate List of Autumn Recipes for the Fall Season! Right-click and open a new tab to read next.
Campfire Cocktail Variations
I like to try and give variations on the cocktails shared on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, like how to turn the cocktail into a mocktail so that non-drinkers (and kids if suitable) can enjoy the drink too!
Virgin Campfire Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
So that non-drinkers can enjoy a Campfire Mocktail we simply remove the alcohol from the cocktail recipe and replace it!
Follow the recipe card instructions replacing the ingredients as below:
- 1 tsp Grenadine
- 1 oz Spiced Brown Sugar Syrup – to replace the rum
- 2 oz Cranberry Juice
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice – to replace the Fireball, and Bourbon
- 2 oz Peach Juice
I love the Monin brand of syrups as there are lots of flavors and they are a very versatile ingredient that can be used in cocktails, mocktails, coffee, cocoa, shakes, smoothies, and more.
I haven’t made the mocktail version, so I recommend adding the syrups to taste as they may add a sweetness that you may not necessarily get from alcoholic liqueurs.
For adults who would still like to enjoy the taste of alcohol in their mocktail, you could try non-alcoholic alternatives. In the UK, try Lyre’s, which is also available on Amazon in the UK and Amazon.com. There are other brands, but this one was more widely available.
Simply use the non-alcoholic alternatives instead of the alcoholic ones in the recipe card.
Frozen Campfire Cocktail
Want to turn this beverage into a frozen slushie? Easy! For the red layer, put the grenadine, rum, and cranberry juice into a blender with a generous amount of ice – then blend till smooth. Pour into a glass. For the orange layer, put the Fireball, bourbon, and peach juice into the blender with ice and blend till smooth. Pour on top of the red layer. Serve with a straw, and watch out for brain freeze! You could do the same with the mocktail version too.
Campfire Cocktail For a Crowd!
Want to make a big batch of this spiced cocktail for a party or gathering? It’s so easy!
You can serve it as a completely mixed drink, or mix the layers separately and pour it into your serving container.
As long as you use the same measuring container (glass, cup, jug, etc.,) for the “1 part”, the ratios will be correct and you can make as much as you need to.
To make a big batch of Campfire Cocktail, mix together:
- 1 part Grenadine
- 1 part Rum
- 2 parts Cranberry Juice
- 1 part Fireball Liquor
- 1 part Bourbon
- 2 parts Peach Juice
Make sure you add plenty of ice to your serving container of choice to keep the cocktail chilled. And you can add some fruit garnish in there too such as maraschino cherries, peach slices, lime slices, and mint leaves.
Or why not skewer the fruit onto cocktail picks for guests to garnish their drink?
When setting up your bar serving area, you could include:
- Ice Bucket (filled with ice!)
- Cocktail Glasses
- Cocktail Napkins
- Cocktail Swizzle Sticks/Stirrers
- Cocktail Straws
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence.
Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make A Campfire Cocktail?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1 tsp Grenadine
- 1 oz Rum
- 2 oz Cranberry Juice
- 1 oz Fireball Liquor
- 1 oz Bourbon
- 2 oz Peach Juice
- Maraschino Cherries
- Lime Slices
- Mint Leaves
- To make the first layer, pour the Grenadine into an empty glass and then add ice. Set aside.
- Place the Rum and Cranberry Juice into a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake for 15 seconds to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the glass.
- To make the second layer, place the Fireball, Bourbon, and Peach Juice into a cleaned cocktail shaker with ice, and shake for 15 seconds to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the glass and garnish as desired. Enjoy!
Make It A Party!
The beverage is covered, but what about other dishes to create a full menu for a dinner party or special meal?
- Appetizer: Sweet and Savory Spiced Pecans Recipe
- Soup: Curried Butternut Squash Soup – Slow Cooker Recipe
- Salad: Roasted Golden Beet Salad with Goat Cheese
- Main Dish: Grilled Lamb Loin Chops with Herbes de Provence Crust
- Side Dish: Tri-Color Roasted Rosemary Potatoes Recipe – A Quick Side Dish
- Dessert: Blueberry Lemon Muffins Recipe For Lunch Boxes or Afternoon Tea!
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.