Whether you are a huge sports fan, and watch sports week in, week out; or just like to watch the big sporting events – Super Bowl Sunday, FA Cup Final, and Wimbledon, to name a few – in my mind it’s always a good excuse for a get-together with family and friends.
The huge sporting events, for me, are an even better excuse to have a full on par-tay! And this year we have the Winter Olympics, the Commonwealth Games, and the World Cup. Plenty of opportunities to celebrate and to cheer your favourite teams/players to victory.
So you don’t have to worry about what food to provide for guests, I’ve rounded up a selection of Game Day Recipes that you can pick and choose from to feed a crowd. You could go down the buy stuff ready made from the supermarket route, but I think it’s nice to make at least one or two dishes from scratch. And with 45 recipes to check out, I know there will be something that tickles your taste buds!
Game Day Recipes
A couple of years ago I shared 25 Snacks & Dips for Super Bowl Sunday, as American Football (as we call it, here in the UK) has grown in popularity. My sister and brother-in-law are huge fans, and have gone to lots of games over the past few years when teams have played in the UK. With Super Bowl Sunday approaching I thought it was time to add onto that post, and create a new one.
But this time around, I’ve rounded up 45 delicious recipes including appetisers, main dishes, burgers, dips, snacks and desserts that would work well when you have a few (or more!) friends and family over to watch *insert name of your favourite sport*!
These recipes are from my blog, as well as from other fab food bloggers. I have made all of the recipes open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place on this huge list!
I’ve also included recipes for those with special dietary requirements including vegetarian, paleo, whole 30, low fat, and gluten free.
- Walking Tacos/Taco Bar
- Jerk Hamburgers with Pineapple Relish
- Coca-Cola Chocolate Cake
- Quick & Easy One-Pan Cheeseburger Sliders
- Roasted Rosemary & Chilli Almonds
- Salsa Fresca
- Corn Dog Muffins
- Corn Dogs
- Char Siu Chicken Wings
- Baked Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Black Bean, Sweetcorn & Avocado Salsa
- Hawaiian Pulled Pork
- Candied Cinnamon Pecans
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to this me. It doesn’t cost you anything more but it helps keep the lights on over here!
- Secret Ingredient Fajitas
- Cornflake Coconut Shrimp
- Tropical Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- Devilled Eggs 7 Ways
- Caribbean Beef Patties
- Low Fat Lemon & Parsley Dip
- Chorizo & Potato Tortilla Espanoza
- Peanut Shooter Dip
- Paleo Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Dip
- Kalua Pork
- Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
- Low Fat Garlic & Herb Dip
- Zucchini Dip
- Loaded Baked Potatoes
- Simple Chicken Chilli
- Gluten Free, Paleo, Chicken Zucchini Poppers – One Lovely Life
- Italian Hoagie Dip – A Turtle’s Life For Me
- Cookie Dough Dip – A Turtle’s Life For Me
- Pull Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread – Penny Pincher Jen
- Bacon Cheddar Football – Peas & Crayons
- Chicken & Waffle Sliders – Happiness is Homemade
- Football Bean Dip Cup – Kat Balog
- Easy Cheesy Pizza Dip – Cincy Shopper
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Halves – Shaken Together
- Caramalized Onion Dip – Bunny’s Warm Oven
- Million Dollar Dip – Sweet & Savoury Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels – Chicken Scratch NY
- Pretzel Bits & Beer Cheese Dip – Tikkido
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Wings – Jaime Loves Stuff
- Football Brownie – Mom Always Finds Out